Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gone To Texas
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Gone To Texas
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/202...374012007/

In the day a people mainly from southern states would vacate their place and move to Texas. Sometimes all they left would be a carved GTT in their door or on a post where folks would recognize they had left for opportunity in Texas.

Today a new wave of migration is coming to Texas but this time from the west ....California.

TBH they have destroyed the housing market in SE Texas making it unaffordable for those young adults just getting started in life.

Still remember years ago a guy who worked for a vendor in California asking me to look on line at a 2 story house in San Antonio area on 5 acres and asking is that for real?

I told him that is the market value. He responded my mother owns a small 2 bedroom frame house in Los Angeles and we are going to sell it and buy that house in Texas and have over $100k left. I asked what will you do for work? He said I don't know buy at least we have some money until I figure it out. Besides he asked would you rather live in a cramped house in crime ridden LA or this place in San Antonio? I told him you already know the answer to that.
07-04-2023 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Gone To Texas
Locust
07-04-2023 09:21 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-04-2023 09:21 AM)shere khan Wrote:  Locust

THEE #1 REASON for exponential
inflation is THEE EXODUS!

the housing market cannot crash fast enough in the NE and west coast…

it’s just a matter of time…
07-04-2023 09:37 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
The Locust infestation could get worse.

Quote:Two-Thirds of Californians Say They Are Considering Leaving the State

A new poll revealed that almost two-thirds of California residents have considered moving out of the state recently.

The survey highlights mounting frustrations that Californians are feeling over their state’s policies related to escalating living costs, rising crime, increased political polarization, and parental rights concerns.

The survey found that 40% of state residents say “they are somewhat or very serious about leaving,” with another 24% “saying they are thinking about it, but not too seriously.”

The top reason respondents gave for wanting to leave the Golden State was affordability, with 61% saying living costs are too high. According to RentCafe, the overall cost of living in California is 39% higher than the national average, with housing costs an eye-popping 102% higher than the average and utilities 22% higher.

Crime in the state has risen in recent years as well, which critics say is exacerbated by lax law enforcement policies.

Quote:Particularly concerning for parents in California are a series of bills (both already passed and still moving forward) in the state Legislature that are aimed at rolling back the rights of parents to direct the upbringing of their kids.

Currently, Republicans are attempting to combat a state law that requires that a child’s announced gender identity change at school be kept secret from their parents.

Another bill made California the first state in the nation to allow minors to become wards of the state if they flee to California for irreversible gender-transition procedures against their parents’ wishes.

Yet another bill still being considered could potentially remove children from the home of their parents for “child abuse” if the parents fail to affirm the chosen gender identity of their child.

The bill prompted state Sen. Scott Wilk, a Republican, to declare during a hearing, “If you love your children, you need to flee California.”

Jonathan Keller, president of the California Family Council, concurred, pointing out that a large majority of the controversial bills being considered are centered around sexuality and gender identity of children.

Quote:Hundreds of thousands of Californians have already left the state. California’s Finance Department recently revealed that the state experienced a net loss of 800,000 people over the last three years. As noted by The Epoch Times, “Recent population declines are unprecedented, as the Golden State saw its citizenry grow consistently for more than a century” up until 2020.

“I think you’ve seen a huge shift in the political climate of the state of California,” observed Keller, noting that California hasn’t had a conservative Republican governor in almost 30 years.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/27/t...the-state/
07-04-2023 11:30 AM
stinkfist Online

(07-04-2023 11:30 AM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  The Locust infestation could get worse.

Quote:Two-Thirds of Californians Say They Are Considering Leaving the State

A new poll revealed that almost two-thirds of California residents have considered moving out of the state recently.

The survey highlights mounting frustrations that Californians are feeling over their state’s policies related to escalating living costs, rising crime, increased political polarization, and parental rights concerns.

The survey found that 40% of state residents say “they are somewhat or very serious about leaving,” with another 24% “saying they are thinking about it, but not too seriously.”

The top reason respondents gave for wanting to leave the Golden State was affordability, with 61% saying living costs are too high. According to RentCafe, the overall cost of living in California is 39% higher than the national average, with housing costs an eye-popping 102% higher than the average and utilities 22% higher.

Crime in the state has risen in recent years as well, which critics say is exacerbated by lax law enforcement policies.

Quote:Particularly concerning for parents in California are a series of bills (both already passed and still moving forward) in the state Legislature that are aimed at rolling back the rights of parents to direct the upbringing of their kids.

Currently, Republicans are attempting to combat a state law that requires that a child’s announced gender identity change at school be kept secret from their parents.

Another bill made California the first state in the nation to allow minors to become wards of the state if they flee to California for irreversible gender-transition procedures against their parents’ wishes.

Yet another bill still being considered could potentially remove children from the home of their parents for “child abuse” if the parents fail to affirm the chosen gender identity of their child.

The bill prompted state Sen. Scott Wilk, a Republican, to declare during a hearing, “If you love your children, you need to flee California.”

Jonathan Keller, president of the California Family Council, concurred, pointing out that a large majority of the controversial bills being considered are centered around sexuality and gender identity of children.

Quote:Hundreds of thousands of Californians have already left the state. California’s Finance Department recently revealed that the state experienced a net loss of 800,000 people over the last three years. As noted by The Epoch Times, “Recent population declines are unprecedented, as the Golden State saw its citizenry grow consistently for more than a century” up until 2020.

“I think you’ve seen a huge shift in the political climate of the state of California,” observed Keller, noting that California hasn’t had a conservative Republican governor in almost 30 years.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/27/t...the-state/

if you can, you'd have to be an idiot to not leave RIGHT THEE FK NOW! ... unless you're party to muh 'raping'...

all ya have to do is move, by on the cheap (becoming increasingly inflated), bide your time, and wait it out after inflating the south ... then move back on the cheap after they finally fk the big Sur up to hell or hell (napes, no high heaven for those fkbags)...

ref: former sig line 1c)
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2023 12:55 PM by stinkfist.)
07-04-2023 12:53 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Memo to any Californians coming to Texas:

You are coming here as refugees, not missionaries.

Don't Californicate Texas.
07-04-2023 01:17 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
We had an old couple (hispanic) move from Commiefornia to our neighborhood, (across the street). The lady looks like a Democrat but they keep to themselves. We hardly see them. They probably paid cash for their house.

My BIL moved from there to his hometown. For a long time they could only afford to rent but in a few years here they were able to afford a house with a pool.
07-04-2023 02:10 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
(07-04-2023 01:17 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Memo to any Californians coming to Texas:

Amen! If you're gonna be "missionaries" instead, go to Oklahoma.
07-04-2023 03:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
I'm originally from California. Y'all don't want me?
07-04-2023 04:33 PM
stinkfist Online

(07-04-2023 04:33 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  I'm originally from California. Y'all don't want me?

[Image: 7riukk.jpg]
07-04-2023 04:38 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

(07-04-2023 04:33 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  I'm originally from California. Y'all don't want me?

You've lived in Texas for how long, Cal? lol
07-04-2023 05:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU

Hopefully you've been here long enough that the willful gross ignorance of California politics has been replaced with common sense and family values.

Still remember this military family moved here from California and people there told the boy things would be different in Texas. Said he found out the first day of two a days football practice. Told me one of the Asst Coaches worked with him on some agilities and when they finished the coach asked you got it? Kid said yeah and the whole practice stopped and the coach asked again and the kid said yeah again. The next thing the kid knew he was running the stands and told to always answer the coaches as yes sir and no sir. Kid told me that would have never happened in California.
07-04-2023 05:23 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-04-2023 03:41 PM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  
(07-04-2023 01:17 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Memo to any Californians coming to Texas:

Hell no! Oklahoma hasn't done anything to deserve that. Stay in California.
07-04-2023 06:06 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

(07-04-2023 06:06 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Fine, fine. Alaska then. lol
07-04-2023 06:08 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-04-2023 06:08 PM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  

How about New York?
07-04-2023 06:10 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

(07-04-2023 06:10 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(07-04-2023 06:08 PM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  

How about New York?

Well, clearly, yes. (But they're fleeing there as well.)
07-04-2023 06:35 PM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
How do Texans act then they move? Pretty much exactly how they say the Californians act. Might be a different political bend sometimes, but it’s the same nauseating ego driven bravado that ends up making people hate Texans every bit as much as Texans appear to hate Californian transplants.

Babbling endlessly about all the things they think are better in Texas, saying “well, in Texas we….” non stop, endlessly complaining about the products they don’t have they were available in Texas and on and on and on. Not just when they are brand new to another state, but year after year.

Texas transplants are a running joke in many parts of the country. Laughing at them is the only way to cope.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2023 08:32 PM by Todor.)
07-04-2023 07:07 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Good luck with that. These people were stupid enough to stay in Cali as long as they did. They are going to bring the stupid with them. It's happened in Nashville already. I hate that place with a passion.
07-04-2023 07:35 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

You appear to be sane.
07-04-2023 07:36 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(07-04-2023 07:07 PM)Todor Wrote:  How to Texans act then they move? Pretty much exactly how they say the Californians act. Might be a different political bend sometimes, but it’s the same nauseating ego driven bravado that ends up making people hate Texans every bit as much as Texans appear to hate Californian transplants.

Babbling endlessly about all the things they think are better in Texas, saying “well, in Texas we….” non stop, endlessly complaining about the products they don’t have they were available in Texas and on and on and on. Not just when they are brand new to another state, but year after year.

Texas transplants are a running joke in many parts of the country. Laughing at them is the only way to cope.

Says the New Mexican...
07-04-2023 07:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.