Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Eagle Crest
Bookmark and Share
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Eagle Crest
Eagle Crest golf course voted thirteenth best college course in the nation.
06-27-2023 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

RE: Eagle Crest
(06-27-2023 09:46 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Eagle Crest golf course voted thirteenth best college course in the nation.

Fantastic news!!! With the new golf simulator maybe we can become a powerhouse.
06-27-2023 12:44 PM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
Do we have a link to this article?

I love eagle crest - even if i get the yips on the tee box on that one par 5 on the back nine every ******* time.
06-27-2023 12:47 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear dansplaining,
It came from the latest edition of the Eastern Magazine.
06-27-2023 06:34 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

Eagle Crest
My absolute favorite course... even if there are enough of my golf balls in those ponds to restock the range for a year or two.
06-27-2023 08:06 PM
Advertisement

holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
I don’t play golf, but I love staying in the hotel whenever I’m in town.
06-27-2023 10:11 PM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
(06-27-2023 10:11 PM)holybovine Wrote:  I don’t play golf, but I love staying in the hotel whenever I’m in town.

So i have a story about that hotel. When I moved in my Freshman year my family stayed at the eaglecrest the night before and my parents stayed their the night of move in day. My move in day was september 1st 2007. The night before we saw some fans of a the football team playing michigan's opener that had come from a few states away. after they got off the elevator i turned to my dad and said 'those guys came a long way to watch their team get beat'. it was App State. My parents told me they cleaned out the bar that night.
06-28-2023 06:22 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(06-28-2023 06:22 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  
(06-27-2023 10:11 PM)holybovine Wrote:  I don’t play golf, but I love staying in the hotel whenever I’m in town.

So i have a story about that hotel. When I moved in my Freshman year my family stayed at the eaglecrest the night before and my parents stayed their the night of move in day. My move in day was september 1st 2007. The night before we saw some fans of a the football team playing michigan's opener that had come from a few states away. after they got off the elevator i turned to my dad and said 'those guys came a long way to watch their team get beat'. it was App State. My parents told me they cleaned out the bar that night.
What a beautiful, hot day that was. I was visiting EMU that particular day, stayed in Canton, rooting like hell for Appy State. We were on the road, playing Pitt, I believe?
06-28-2023 07:04 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(06-27-2023 08:06 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  My absolute favorite course... even if there are enough of my golf balls in those ponds to restock the range for a year or two.

Nickle, you ain't alone!

The truly GREAT thing here is that Eagle Crest is open to the public and is financially self-sufficient as a result. The U-M courses are fabulous and course conditions are superior to The Crest, BUT due to restrictions on who can play their tracks, they receive a fraction of the play The Crest provides and a WHOLE LOT less wear and tear as a result.
06-28-2023 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.