Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Riley Gaines Back On The Hill
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Riley Gaines Back On The Hill
Quote:Former NCAA swimmer Riley Gaines delivered a fact check in real time to a Democrat witness during a Wednesday hearing.

Gaines, who also testified during the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing titled “Protecting Pride: Defending the Civil Rights of LGBTQ+ Americans,” disputed the claim — made by Human Rights Campaign President Kelley Robinson — that biological males had no inherent advantage when it came to athletics.

WATCH:

Senator John Kennedy (R-LA) put the question to Robinson, who describes herself as the HRC’s first queer black president, asking her if she could provide an example proving that men did not have a biological advantage over women when it came to sports.

“You don’t believe that a biological male has a physical advantage in sports over a biological female?” Kennedy asked.

“Not as a definitive statement,” Robinson said, shaking her head.

“Give me an example … nah, well, I don’t think … how many female members of the NBA do you see?” Kennedy asked.

“I can say that there’s been this news article about men that think they can beat Serena Williams in tennis, right? That they think they could actually score a point on her,” Robinson replied. “And it’s just not the case. She is stronger than them.”

Kennedy turned the same question to Gaines, then, asking what her experience had been when women competed against biological males.

But instead of beginning with her own experience — competing at last year’s NCAA championships against trans-identifying male swimmer Lia Thomas — Gaines began with a quick fact check of Robinson’s claim.

“Both Serena and Venus lost to the 203rd ranked male tennis player, which — they’re phenoms for women,” she said, and then added her own personal experience as well. “My experience, my husband, he swam at the University of Kentucky as well. In terms of accolades, in terms of national ranking, I was a much better swimmer than him. He could kick my butt any day of the week — without trying.”

The game Gaines referenced took place in 1998, after Serena and Venus Williams boasted that no male player outside the top 200 in world rankings would be able to beat them. German player Karsten Braasch, ranked 203rd in the men’s circuit, took them on, beating Serena 6-1 and Venus 6-2.

“I didn’t know it would be that difficult. I played shots that would have been winners on the women’s circuit and he got to them very easily,” Serena observed when it was over.

Braasch’s assessment was a bit more brutal: “They wouldn’t have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun.”

Link

Battle of the Sexes: When the World No. 203 swept the Williams sisters
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2023 05:50 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
06-21-2023 05:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Riley Gaines Back On The Hill
Rowdy must be so proud of his daughter.
06-21-2023 09:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
Would rather not look for it. But, I remember a liberal challenging me on this very board about two weeks ago to come up with anyone saying that women are stronger than men. And here with have dem witnesses in the halls of our top institutions spouting this nonsense. Being supported by the democrat party.
06-21-2023 09:38 PM
RuckleSt Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(06-21-2023 09:38 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  Would rather not look for it. But, I remember a liberal challenging me on this very board about two weeks ago to come up with anyone saying that women are stronger than men. And here with have dem witnesses in the halls of our top institutions spouting this nonsense. Being supported by the democrat party.

It really is insanity, these people are just ignoring reality. The sun could be at high noon and they would argue that it is nighttime if their masters told them to.

If these people were logical, and actually attempting to assess the potential physical athletic differences between men and women they would compare like to like. How does a novice compare to a novice; how does an expert compare to an expert; etc. Just looking at bench press, men are nearly twice as strong without any training; which is representative of a strong biological difference.

A small sample size, but this study paints a clear picture.
https://www.strengthlog.com/bench-press-...r%20women.
06-21-2023 09:53 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(06-21-2023 09:24 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Rowdy must be so proud of his daughter.

Isn't it a little early to be drinking? WTF are you talking about?
06-22-2023 06:20 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
I'm glad someone is fighting the good fight. IMO, it simply isn't fair for women to be forced to compete against men.
06-22-2023 07:34 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Poor choice in using Venus and Serena as examples. Where yes they could beat men novices at Tennis neither would make the cut at a Grand Slam because they can’t take the pace nor the number of strokes (endurance) to win a point.

Ask them they’ll tell you. And Serena is most likely the best ever Women’s tennis player. But that doesn’t get you into the top 200 of Men’s Tennis.

Anyone who can’t recognize that biological men are stronger than biological women almost always has ignorant stamped on their forehead and should be made to pay more in taxes.
06-22-2023 07:45 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

Let tonight's #1 male draft pick play in the WNBA. We'll see how quick Human Rights Campaign President Kelley Robinson changes her mind about males having no advantage over females in sports.
06-22-2023 07:48 AM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
That poor girl is going to find out that it's easier to push a boulder uphill than talk reason with democrats.
06-22-2023 08:07 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

Riley isn't Rowdy's daughter.
06-22-2023 08:13 AM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
(06-22-2023 07:48 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Let tonight's #1 male draft pick play in the WNBA. We'll see how quick Human Rights Campaign President Kelley Robinson changes her mind about males having no advantage over females in sports.

It wouldn't surprise me if this didn't happen in the next two years.
Unfortunately, the women in the WNBA would probably embrace it in the beginning, maybe not so much after trannyman started dunkin' on them.
Started to put Riley in my sig yesterday but I didn't get around to it.
06-22-2023 08:54 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(06-22-2023 08:54 AM)Bill83 Wrote:  
(06-22-2023 07:48 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Let tonight's #1 male draft pick play in the WNBA. We'll see how quick Human Rights Campaign President Kelley Robinson changes her mind about males having no advantage over females in sports.

It wouldn't surprise me if this didn't happen in the next two years.
Unfortunately, the women in the WNBA would probably embrace it in the beginning, maybe not so much after trannyman started dunkin' on them.
Started to put Riley in my sig yesterday but I didn't get around to it.

Dave Chappelle had a great take on the subject:

06-22-2023 08:59 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
With all this make believe fairy tale female John Wick crap they're being taught, women are going to start getting hurt.
06-22-2023 10:16 AM
Advertisement

The Sicatoka Online
All American

I Root For: North Dakota
"Lia" Thomas is lucky Riley Gaines isn't more "Tonya Harding" in her approach.
06-22-2023 12:00 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

06-22-2023 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

06-22-2023 12:29 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

Im sure he is

[Image: dm_200716_SEC_SWIM_Promo_Storied_Rowdy_2...ESHEET.jpg]

Its just not Riley.....kentucky...duh
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2023 12:41 PM by shere khan.)
06-22-2023 12:37 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Riley Gaines has a wonderful future ahead of her. Calling out the hypocrisy of competing against males and not backing down. I'd hire her in an instant.
06-22-2023 08:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.