9/23 vs UNLV
9/29 vs Louisana Tech
10/11 @FIU
10/18 vs NMSU
10/25 @SHSU
11/4 vs WKU
11/18 @MTSU
11/25 vs Liberty
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2023 06:41 PM by Ewglenn.)
06-02-2023 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
RE: Predict their Record: UTEP
(06-02-2023 09:02 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  8/26 @Jacksonville St
9/2 vs Incarnate Word
9/9 @Northwestern
9/16 @Arizona
9/23 vs UNLV
9/29 vs Louisana Tech
10/11 @FIU
10/18 vs NMSU
10/25 @SHSU
11/4 vs WKU
11/18 @MTSU
11/25 vs Liberty

Should have a decent team overall with one of the best D-lines and O-lines in CUSA. Solid at rb and wr will be very good if Tyrin Smith returns as is expected. D-backfield will be newish and our senior QB is inconsistent. Very tough closing 3 games. I'll say 7-5.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2023 02:19 PM by MinerInWisconsin.)
06-02-2023 09:10 AM
YesCubanB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NMSU
I wanna believe UTEP will do better than the 6-6 I’ve predicted. They’ve got all the pieces but I feel like they’ve had pretty good pieces for the past several years and their coach hasn’t been able to capitalize. Dimel seems ok as a coach, he’s gotten UTEP back to a respectable level but I’m hoping he can take them to the next level.
06-02-2023 10:49 AM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
4 or 5 wins. 6 if we’re very lucky.
06-02-2023 12:51 PM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty, Army
7-5
06-02-2023 01:34 PM
Advertisement

PredatorUTEP Offline
1st String

I see 2 or 3 wins. Hope they prove me wrong.
06-02-2023 03:50 PM
NM_StateFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NM State
I think UTEP goes 7-5. They return a veteran QB who at times is very efficient. I do have them losing to Jerry Kills New Mexico State and sneaking a W in Tempe. I don’t think Arizona is very good. UTEP officials will have the pressure to win now that up and coming rival NM State is in the same conference. I think that having the rio grande duo will pay dividends in gaining more attention from Miner/Aggie fans.

Also I think UTEP should go back to its blue colors. Y’all tend to do better in Blue lol.
06-02-2023 05:46 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-02-2023 05:46 PM)NM_StateFan Wrote:  I think UTEP goes 7-5. They return a veteran QB who at times is very efficient. I do have them losing to Jerry Kills New Mexico State and sneaking a W in Tempe. I don’t think Arizona is very good. UTEP officials will have the pressure to win now that up and coming rival NM State is in the same conference. I think that having the rio grande duo will pay dividends in gaining more attention from Miner/Aggie fans.

Also I think UTEP should go back to its blue colors. Y’all tend to do better in Blue lol.

If the Miners could play consistently like their games with Boise St and at UTSA last season they would be a contender this year. If they play more often like they did at New Mexico last year, they will be cellar dwellers. I'm expecting somewhere inbetween.

I like the Aggie QB better than ours most of the time. He's tenacious.
06-03-2023 09:04 AM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Honestly I think NMSU's season relies more on their QBs health than any other factor.

For the record, Arizona is in Tuscon.

Oh yeah, I went with 5 wins but honestly have little clue.
06-03-2023 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

YesCubanB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NMSU
(06-03-2023 09:04 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(06-02-2023 05:46 PM)NM_StateFan Wrote:  I think UTEP goes 7-5. They return a veteran QB who at times is very efficient. I do have them losing to Jerry Kills New Mexico State and sneaking a W in Tempe. I don’t think Arizona is very good. UTEP officials will have the pressure to win now that up and coming rival NM State is in the same conference. I think that having the rio grande duo will pay dividends in gaining more attention from Miner/Aggie fans.

If the Miners could play consistently like their games with Boise St and at UTSA last season they would be a contender this year. If they play more often like they did at New Mexico last year, they will be cellar dwellers. I'm expecting somewhere inbetween.

I cannot still believe you guys lost to UNM last year. That was their lone D1 win. 9/10 I think UTEP throttles UNM. I guess that was the one time out of ten. I wish you all played this year. I think it would be a sure win. UNM has possibly the worst coach in college football.
06-03-2023 01:47 PM
PredatorUTEP Offline
1st String

(06-03-2023 01:47 PM)YesCubanB Wrote:  

I cannot still believe you guys lost to UNM last year. That was their lone D1 win. 9/10 I think UTEP throttles UNM. I guess that was the one time out of ten. I wish you all played this year. I think it would be a sure win. UNM has possibly the worst coach in college football.

Gavin Hardison is awful is the answer to your question.
06-03-2023 03:04 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-03-2023 03:04 PM)PredatorUTEP Wrote:  

UTEP turned the ball over 7 times in that game. Hardison completed a few to the Lobos that night. Horrible. But the next week he was 10 of 11 as UTEP whipped Boise State who made it to the MWC CCG. Go figure.
06-03-2023 05:14 PM
PredatorUTEP Offline
1st String

(06-03-2023 05:14 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  

UTEP turned the ball over 7 times in that game. Hardison completed a few to the Lobos that night. Horrible. But the next week he was 10 of 11 as UTEP whipped Boise State who made it to the MWC CCG. Go figure.

Utep beat Boise with a dominating run game and good defense. Which proves my point that Hardison is awful. If you limit his touches per game, utep has a better chance at winning.

And another issue with utep is poor coaching. Dimel gets obsessed with Hardison at times.
06-03-2023 05:20 PM
Advertisement

NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
(06-03-2023 05:20 PM)PredatorUTEP Wrote:  
(06-03-2023 09:04 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  If the Miners could play consistently like their games with Boise St and at UTSA last season they would be a contender this year. If they play more often like they did at New Mexico last year, they will be cellar dwellers. I'm expecting somewhere inbetween.

Utep beat Boise with a dominating run game and good defense. Which proves my point that Hardison is awful. If you limit his touches per game, utep has a better chance at winning.

And another issue with utep is poor coaching. Dimel gets obsessed with Hardison at times.

Oh man I've seen the Dimel hate at the Miners forums. Hardison had no help the second half of that last game. It was rough to watch but UTEP shot themselves in the foot. Dimel can do well and if UTEP has as good of an NIL program as NMSU, then we are toast.
06-03-2023 07:12 PM
PredatorUTEP Offline
1st String

(06-03-2023 07:12 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  
(06-03-2023 01:47 PM)YesCubanB Wrote:  I cannot still believe you guys lost to UNM last year. That was their lone D1 win. 9/10 I think UTEP throttles UNM. I guess that was the one time out of ten. I wish you all played this year. I think it would be a sure win. UNM has possibly the worst coach in college football.

Oh man I've seen the Dimel hate at the Miners forums. Hardison had no help the second half of that last game. It was rough to watch but UTEP shot themselves in the foot. Dimel can do well and if UTEP has as good of an NIL program as NMSU, then we are toast.

Hardison had one of the worst completion percentages in all of division 1 last season. There's no justification or excuses for him. He's awful and hasn't improved much at all since being at UTEP. It will be painful to watch this upcoming season if Hardison doesn't have Tyrin to bail him out.

As for Dimel, he's done a good job recruiting (i havent heard of an NIL for the football team, so i dont think there is one). The talent on last seasons team should have been a bowl team. Easily. However, UTEP only got to 5 wins. That is an indictment on Dimels coaching. Dimel shouldn't have been extended before last season, but since he was extended, he deserves all criticism. Especially since our rival is in the same conference as UTEP and is trending up while utep is trending down.
06-03-2023 07:22 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(06-03-2023 07:22 PM)PredatorUTEP Wrote:  
(06-03-2023 07:12 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  
(06-03-2023 03:04 PM)PredatorUTEP Wrote:  Gavin Hardison is awful is the answer to your question.

Hardison had one of the worst completion percentages in all of division 1 last season. There's no justification or excuses for him. He's awful and hasn't improved much at all since being at UTEP. It will be painful to watch this upcoming season if Hardison doesn't have Tyrin to bail him out.

As for Dimel, he's done a good job recruiting (i havent heard of an NIL for the football team, so i dont think there is one). The talent on last seasons team should have been a bowl team. Easily. However, UTEP only got to 5 wins. That is an indictment on Dimels coaching. Dimel shouldn't have been extended before last season, but since he was extended, he deserves all criticism. Especially since our rival is in the same conference as UTEP and is trending up while utep is trending down.

I mean compare Dimel to NMSU's Doug Martin. Y'all stole an NM product for QB, were 6-1 at one point with some bs losses and still got to a bowl game. Next season y'all were still close to a second bowl invite but had a bad half.

CDM Had some potential good seasons with close losses but still only won 3 games. Seniors won in a miracle season for the longest bowl drought. Next season with the best "recruiting class" we got humiliated on ESPN2 for the first time in years.

Kill's debut wasn't better on ESPN and UTEP won handily last year.
Hopefully the ESPN game against UMass will be different.
06-03-2023 07:41 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
Exclamation RE: Predict their Record: UTEP
Bump
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2023 06:41 PM by Ewglenn.)
06-05-2023 06:33 PM
Advertisement

NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

The most picked option was 5-7 with an actual record of 3-9. UTEP did not perform as expected. The question is does UTEP go the same route as UNM did and fire Dimel?
11-26-2023 10:41 AM
Gemofthehills Offline
All American

I Root For: JSU
4-8 was my prediction
11-26-2023 05:44 PM
PredatorUTEP Offline
1st String

(06-02-2023 03:50 PM)PredatorUTEP Wrote:  I see 2 or 3 wins. Hope they prove me wrong.

Unfortunately close enough
11-26-2023 08:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.