Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Future Football Games
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Future Football Games
https://emueagles.com/news/2023/5/24/emu...dules.aspx

P.S. Need to compliment media relations for an excellent job. This staff really produces a lot of good stuff.

Good schedule. In 2024, '5, and '6 we have two home games in Sept. when football interest is high and weather is nice.

Nothing worse than playing the first 3 games on the road.
05-25-2023 11:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Future Football Games
(05-25-2023 11:10 AM)emu steve Wrote:  https://emueagles.com/news/2023/5/24/emu...dules.aspx

P.S. Need to compliment media relations for an excellent job. This staff really produces a lot of good stuff.

Good schedule. In 2024, '5, and '6 we have two home games in Sept. when football interest is high and weather is nice.

Sure would be nice if UM would put us on the schedule.

Indiana will make a fun road trip.
05-25-2023 03:46 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear steve,
I like the Indiana game, and the San Jose games, but not too excited about Lindenwood and Long Island games. I would much rather see James Madison or Delaware who would be a bit more challenging and add to our reputation if we are able to win against that kind of competition.
05-25-2023 03:57 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(05-25-2023 03:57 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear steve,
I like the Indiana game, and the San Jose games, but not too excited about Lindenwood and Long Island games. I would much rather see James Madison or Delaware who would be a bit more challenging and add to our reputation if we are able to win against that kind of competition.

Agree.
05-25-2023 07:34 PM
Ypsitownie Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Eastern Michiga
Do not want JMU. Limited upside and a lot of downside. A Brady Hoke era UMich game would be fun. Don't really need a thumpin from them at this point. Best case would be competitive first quarter
05-25-2023 10:09 PM
holybovine Online
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(05-25-2023 11:10 AM)emu steve Wrote:  https://emueagles.com/news/2023/5/24/emu...dules.aspx

I’ll be at the Texas State game in 2025, God willing. 04-cheers

I’d also like to see both SJSU games — I love beating them so much!
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2023 10:47 PM by holybovine.)
05-25-2023 10:46 PM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(05-25-2023 10:46 PM)holybovine Wrote:  

I’ll be at the Texas State game in 2025, God willing. 04-cheers

I’d also like to see both SJSU games — I love beating them so much!
Now you've got me thinking. The wife and I have always wanted to visit wine country. A trip to SJSU may be a good excuse to finally make it happen.
05-26-2023 07:33 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Ypsitownie,
So, you would like to see a probable loss by playing Michigan? What is the downside to playing James Madison? By the way, the mentioning of those teams, was a suggestion of better quality opposition, not that they were specific choices.
05-26-2023 09:30 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(05-25-2023 10:09 PM)Ypsitownie Wrote:  Do not want JMU. Limited upside and a lot of downside. A Brady Hoke era UMich game would be fun. Don't really need a thumpin from them at this point. Best case would be competitive first quarter
Don't put UM on that high of a pedestal. EMU could hang with them. Not saying EMU would win, but they would compete. It would be great to have the opportunity for a legendary win while taking probably $1.5M from their bank account.
05-26-2023 10:05 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
No U of M but we have MSU in 2026. Early in CC's career we got smoked at MSU. Not expecting a repeat of that this time around.
05-27-2023 06:45 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(05-26-2023 10:05 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  
(05-25-2023 10:09 PM)Ypsitownie Wrote:  Do not want JMU. Limited upside and a lot of downside. A Brady Hoke era UMich game would be fun. Don't really need a thumpin from them at this point. Best case would be competitive first quarter
Don't put UM on that high of a pedestal. EMU could hang with them. Not saying EMU would win, but they would compete. It would be great to have the opportunity for a legendary win while taking probably $1.5M from their bank account.

I love CC, but with NIL etc , but in terms of talent and depth, the top 10 schools will further separate themselves from G5. WMU got annihilated by Harbaugh last season.
05-27-2023 06:59 AM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(05-27-2023 06:59 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

I love CC, but with NIL etc , but in terms of talent and depth, the top 10 schools will further separate themselves from G5. WMU got annihilated by Harbaugh last season.
WMU got smoked by EMU too.
05-27-2023 08:32 AM
steve4840 Offline
1st String

I'm cool with the Indiana game. The SJSU games are meh to me. I understand the lower tier games.

For the life of me I can't understand why we can't get a bigger named opponent to Ypsi for a game. I understand the pay games being away but wouldn't it be awesome if we could get a big game at EMU? Nothing major but what about a mid Big10 team. Would be great to do something different and like an Illinois or Purdue or Boston College for a home game.
05-27-2023 01:31 PM
holybovine Online
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan

I’ve seen EMU v. UM enough for one lifetime.
05-28-2023 05:38 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(05-27-2023 01:31 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  I'm cool with the Indiana game. The SJSU games are meh to me. I understand the lower tier games.

For the life of me I can't understand why we can't get a bigger named opponent to Ypsi for a game. I understand the pay games being away but wouldn't it be awesome if we could get a big game at EMU? Nothing major but what about a mid Big10 team. Would be great to do something different and like an Illinois or Purdue or Boston College for a home game.

Steve, I agree, but it just does not make economic sense. I think the Kentucky contract was 3 or 4 games with one being in Ypsilanti and we ended up selling our home game back to them. The days of P5 opponents visiting G5 stadiums are pretty much over.

Kentucky averages 48K in fan attendance with an average ticket price of $103, so the game is worth close to $5M in Lexington in gate receipts only.

Rynearson maxes out at 31K fans, if the east stands are in useable condition. I think an average ticket price of $40 for a UK vs EMU game in Ypsilanti would be incredibly exuberant, but let's go with it and the game is worth $1.2M in ticket sales.

$5M vs $1.2M is not a contest. We play in Lexington and get a paycheck for doing so. It is what it is.
05-29-2023 04:30 PM
steve4840 Offline
1st String

(05-29-2023 04:30 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(05-27-2023 01:31 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  I'm cool with the Indiana game. The SJSU games are meh to me. I understand the lower tier games.

Steve, I agree, but it just does not make economic sense. I think the Kentucky contract was 3 or 4 games with one being in Ypsilanti and we ended up selling our home game back to them. The days of P5 opponents visiting G5 stadiums are pretty much over.

Kentucky averages 48K in fan attendance with an average ticket price of $103, so the game is worth close to $5M in Lexington in gate receipts only.

Rynearson maxes out at 31K fans, if the east stands are in useable condition. I think an average ticket price of $40 for a UK vs EMU game in Ypsilanti would be incredibly exuberant, but let's go with it and the game is worth $1.2M in ticket sales.

$5M vs $1.2M is not a contest. We play in Lexington and get a paycheck for doing so. It is what it is.

Hard to disagree with you Jerry. I just think it would be awesome to bring recruits to a packed stadium. It's a dream, but finances trump it
05-29-2023 08:05 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

Agree.
05-30-2023 05:10 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(05-29-2023 08:05 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  

Hard to disagree with you Jerry. I just think it would be awesome to bring recruits to a packed stadium. It's a dream, but finances trump it

Basketball, however, presents a different opportunity. The Gervin is for a Mid-Major facility, FABULOUS and the payouts delta to football are much less. A great roundball team could generate enough buzz to justify paying a P6 opponent and helping with recruits of ALL sports.
05-30-2023 05:55 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(05-30-2023 05:55 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(05-29-2023 08:05 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  

Basketball, however, presents a different opportunity. The Gervin is for a Mid-Major facility, FABULOUS and the payouts delta to football are much less. A great roundball team could generate enough buzz to justify paying a P6 opponent and helping with recruits of ALL sports.

As usual - well stated, Jerry!
05-30-2023 07:01 PM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
I'm happy Liberty is off the schedule.
05-31-2023 08:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.