Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rockets in the NFL/CFL/USFL/XFL/Etc: 2023
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Exclamation Rockets in the NFL/CFL/USFL/XFL/Etc: 2023
List updated on September 23 with the latest I have on NFL and CFL rosters.

On NFL Rosters:
Tycen Anderson - Cincinnati
Reggie Gilliam - Buffalo
Ka'Dar Hollman - Houston
Kareem Hunt - Cleveland
Desjuan Johnson - LA Rams
Diontae Johnson - Pittsburgh (IR)
Dyontae Johnson - NY Giants (Practice Squad)
Bryant Koback - Philadelphia (Practice Squad)
Matt Landers - Seattle (Practice Squad)
Greg Mancz - Buffalo (Practice Squad)
Storm Norton - New Orleans (Practice Squad)
Cody Thompson - Seattle
Isaiah Winstead - San Francisco (Practice Squad)
Sam Womack - San Francisco (IR)
Logan Woodside - Atlanta

Free Agents:
Ola Adeniyi, Vitaliy Gurman

CFL Players:
Bailey Flint - Hamilton (Suspended List)
Nate Givhan - Winnipeg (Practice Squad)
Jonathan Jones - Toronto
Rolan Milligan - Saskatchewan (IR)

USFL:
Reggie Howard - New Orleans Breakers

XFL:
Ola Adeniyi - Seattle Sea Dragons (acquired rights, not signed)
Tuzar Skipper - Arlington Renegades

Indoor Leagues:
Kenny Veal - Carolina Cobras (NAL)

Other:
Juwan Haynes - Graz Giants (Austria)
Shakif Seymour - Warsaw Eagles (Poland)
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2023 10:36 AM by northcoastRocket.)
04-28-2023 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

RE: Rockets in the NFL/CFL/USFL/XFL/Etc: 2023
Healthy again, Thompson working toward roster spot with Seahawks

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/455266...-seahawks/

Also, in an interesting twist, Seahawks are reportedly signing Matt Landers as a UDFA.
04-30-2023 09:18 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
How the heck is Kareem Hunt still a free agent? I don't ever remember seeing any announcement or news of him even leaving the Cleveland organization. No chance at signing him back? Don't you guys think he's still a No. 1 back??
05-01-2023 09:48 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(05-01-2023 09:48 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  How the heck is Kareem Hunt still a free agent? I don't ever remember seeing any announcement or news of him even leaving the Cleveland organization. No chance at signing him back? Don't you guys think he's still a No. 1 back??

I think RB is now a position that teams with need will first look to the draft where quality and cheap very good RBs can be found in mid to late rounds or even as UDFA. After dust settles out from draft, possible a team brings him in at minimum vet one year salary. Sure seems no team views him as a legitimate RB1 role.
05-01-2023 10:10 AM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

(05-01-2023 10:10 AM)PaulJ Wrote:  
(05-01-2023 09:48 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  How the heck is Kareem Hunt still a free agent? I don't ever remember seeing any announcement or news of him even leaving the Cleveland organization. No chance at signing him back? Don't you guys think he's still a No. 1 back??

I think RB is now a position that teams with need will first look to the draft where quality and cheap very good RBs can be found in mid to late rounds or even as UDFA. After dust settles out from draft, possible a team brings him in at minimum vet one year salary. Sure seems no team views him as a legitimate RB1 role.

Hope he saved his money and has a good agent.
05-01-2023 12:53 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2023 12:53 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  

I would guess $ may have something to do with it. According to Over the Cap, Hunt was the 7th highest paid running back last year, as a backup. Heck, he made more than Chubb, Kamara, McCaffrey and several other big name backs. Although Cleveland has said they have not shut the door on bringing him back, in 23 Chubb is scheduled to make almost as much as the two of them combined this past year. So, they aren't gonna sign him without a massive pay cut. As to whether any other teams will be willing to pay him or not, thus far it seems not.
05-02-2023 06:28 PM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

The Hamilton Ti-Cats have reportedly signed Bailey Flint. You may remember they selected him in the CFL global draft last year, but didn't sign him then. Apparently they have now.
05-04-2023 08:34 PM
UTfanBGalum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UT
(05-02-2023 06:28 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  

I would guess $ may have something to do with it. According to Over the Cap, Hunt was the 7th highest paid running back last year, as a backup. Heck, he made more than Chubb, Kamara, McCaffrey and several other big name backs. Although Cleveland has said they have not shut the door on bringing him back, in 23 Chubb is scheduled to make almost as much as the two of them combined this past year. So, they aren't gonna sign him without a massive pay cut. As to whether any other teams will be willing to pay him or not, thus far it seems not.

Browns saying he has lost a step. Also, stats down last year and comp with several other good free agents. This article explains it: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ost-speed/
05-05-2023 11:31 AM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Another former Rocket wide-out headed to the pros, as Ronnie Blackmon has signed with Montreal in the CFL.
05-05-2023 03:45 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(05-04-2023 08:34 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  The Hamilton Ti-Cats have reportedly signed Bailey Flint. You may remember they selected him in the CFL global draft last year, but didn't sign him then. Apparently they have now.

Story on Flint's signing:
https://www.cfl.ca/2023/05/05/ticats-sig...ee-others/
05-06-2023 07:31 AM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Updated the OP with the recent signings.
05-06-2023 07:36 AM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

That certainly looks like a program doing it's job. And it doesn't include the many other successes. Teachers, busness people and something very sorely lacking in the community, coaches.

It's brought up in salary discussion threads, the number of players that have maticulated into professional football. Like any member of the University, measure can be how much of that is coming back to the University? It's kind of whorish to think Coach salary should partly be a result of soliciting donations I guess. Is that really any different than tenured positions? Any non-profit director?

I've not been a fan of the CEO model, high base salary with or without returns and with low expectations on those returns. I wouldn't object to salary partly based on economic returns. How to do that without being gross about it, IDK.
05-06-2023 09:16 AM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Another Rocket to the CFL, as the Ti-Cats have reportedly signed Jon'Vea Johnson. He had been with the USFL Showboats, but was released in pre-season I believe.

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/tiger-ca...-van-zeyl/

Also, after it seems that Kenny Veal is still playing Indoor ball, now with the Carolina Cobras of the NAL.
05-07-2023 06:48 AM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Seahawks have reportedly signed Bryant Koback.
05-10-2023 04:50 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Lions could use a good running back. Hunt would fit in well with head coach Campbell - and would become a quick fan favorite with his hard running style. Lions unlikely to go after Hunt after they sent a low contract to last year's leading rusher in Jamal Willaims (28 years old) and did not sign him. He is now with the Saints. Then they traded DeAndre Swift to the Eagles. That's 1,600 rushing yards gone. Then they drafted 2 running backs. Lions are perennial re-builders of a consistently bad team.
05-14-2023 08:54 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

(05-14-2023 08:54 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

Lions could use a good running back. Hunt would fit in well with head coach Campbell - and would become a quick fan favorite with his hard running style. Lions unlikely to go after Hunt after they sent a low contract to last year's leading rusher in Jamal Willaims (28 years old) and did not sign him. He is now with the Saints. Then they traded DeAndre Swift to the Eagles. That's 1,600 rushing yards gone. Then they drafted 2 running backs. Lions are perennial re-builders of a consistently bad team.

They finished '22 strong so I was hopeful for '23. I thought they did draft well. Unfortunately they went for a RB with top pick. Could Gibbs be special????????? He is versatile. RB/slot
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023 01:40 PM by IamN2daRockets!.)
05-15-2023 11:57 AM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Rolan into town after 36 hours — Milligan’s long ride to Riders camp

https://www.riderville.com/2023/05/17/ro...ders-camp/
05-17-2023 07:45 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

The Calgary Stampeders have reportedly signed Jamal Hines.
05-26-2023 04:24 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(05-26-2023 04:24 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  The Calgary Stampeders have reportedly signed Jamal Hines.

CFL minimum for 2023 is about $70,000.:
05-26-2023 08:18 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

1st pre-season week in the CFL, and it seems that Winnipeg had released Nate Givhan during training camp.
05-27-2023 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.