Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Could a sale of Fox Corp. be in the works??
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
Could a sale of Fox Corp. be in the works??
Tucker Carlson's dismissal has me thinking of a sale of Fox being in the works, probably to Jeff Bezos. Fox has been bleeding $$'s in sports for awhile, IMO.
04-25-2023 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Could a sale of Fox Corp. be in the works??
Somebody been watching Succession?????
04-25-2023 10:25 AM
Claw Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
I've seen that speculation, but no. You don't cut off your balls and then put yourself up for stud. They just killed their stock and their ratings. If they were planning to sell this was the stupidest thing ever. If selling is the plan, look for the Murdoch son to be relieved of his duties within the month.
04-25-2023 10:27 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
So they are attempting to DEVALUE their product to sell it at a cheaper price?
04-25-2023 10:27 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(04-25-2023 10:27 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  So they are attempting to DEVALUE their product to sell it at a cheaper price?

Saw it happen before.. First company I worked for the son was primed to take it over but had no interest in running the company.. He wanted to spend his days working part time in a bank somewhere making financial decisions and the rest of the time playing golf somewhere warm...

I had just worked 90 days straight in Oregon and had come home to MS.. I was home for about a day when my phone blew up with calls and texts from coworkers to call.

Basically the day before I got home the owner signed everything over to the son (I loved the owner, good man and he always sought me out if he knew I was onsite to see how it was going and his son was a d-bag, basically told me the day he met me that we were both born in different places in life and his was substantially better).. The next day the son sold off of all the equipment we owned, promised to deliver it after all ongoing contracts was completed, dissolved our partnership with another company, and fired those who were no longer needed...

The next day I drove to our office in New Orleans. I already had another job offer and had planned to leverage it into a better position, but now things were different.. As I waited on the VP I reported to on a daily basis to show up, the old man walked through and asked me to walk with him.. He told me he was sorry and if I could gut it out there might be a pay off. My phone rang it was the VP and I told the ex-owner I'd try to talk to him before I left..

I walked into the VPs office and there was the son and the VP.. First question was I ready to come back to work.. Said I just got home Tuesday and it was Thursday, I was owed a little R&R.. The son told me that was BS I would be ready to work tomorrow if he demanded it. Matter of fact drive back to MS and get a few weeks worth of clothes I was needed in South LA... I grinned and said well I guess this is my two weeks notice then.. Go do it yourself..

I went down to HR and my rep said take the two weeks off, we'll let you know how much we owe you.

So I did and at the end they gave me a price for days off they owed me and a severance package.. Great.. In the meantime I cleaned off my laptop including drawings I created for a piece of equipment.. The new owner told them not to pay me until he got the laptop..

Finally the HR lady sent me my check and I shipped everything back.. Within a week the son called me screaming that the drawings were missing.. Said yea those were my intellectual property and he could have them for an additional $45000.. He hung up.. I still have the drawings..

He put the company on the market after selling everything and firing most of the staff.. He liquidated what he could.. He was able to live off that for a few months.. I hear he's working in a bank these days, a mid level employee.. He had to sell the nice house he had and move into something within his means..

The company sold for pennies on a dollar, several employees with the old owner pooled together and bought it.. Running it out of a smaller facility and making a nice profit. The VP I reported to works half days and plays golf when it's nice.
04-25-2023 11:01 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Part of the article I posted in the main Carlson Thread:

Quote:According to Vanity Fair, Carlson has told people he believes his show was killed and he was fired because the Murdoch family plans to sell Fox News. The report cited sources it did not name.

Carlson was called Monday morning by Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and told his show was being taken down and his Fox News email had been shut down, according to the report.

Link
04-25-2023 11:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(04-25-2023 10:24 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  Tucker Carlson's dismissal has me thinking of a sale of Fox being in the works, probably to Jeff Bezos. Fox has been bleeding $$'s in sports for awhile, IMO.

I think that Fox is probably for sale, but Tucker's firing was about that $780m settlement.

Here's a good take on Tucker's importance, or lack thereof, to Fox:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2...s-00093559

Beck was irreplaceable. Then O'Reilly was irreplaceable. Then Tucker Carlson was irreplaceable. Somewhere in that mix, the guy who created it all (Ailes) was himself replaced. EVERYBODY is replaceable, some are just harder to replace than others.

I don't think that Fox wanted to replace Tucker, but I do think that they had to. His replacement will be excited at the huge exposure and pay raise, then the process will start all over again and in 5-10 years the new replacement gets too big for his/her britches...
04-25-2023 11:38 AM
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
It is all very interesting to me. When you have an 11 figure net worth and you still want to crush it, you will do dumb things. But the difference is when you are worth 11 figures your margin of error and batting average doesn't need to be that good to still get something right.

It seems to me that the lawsuit had most to do with TC's firing. And if that is true, Maria Bartiromo might be next. Wasn't she part of those accusations too?

In the big picture how many real right leaning major news organizations are there as compared to left leaning? It has to be a 10:1 ratio. If Fox now going left? I hope not, if everyone sings the same song with nobody to call it out or question it, we are even more F'd than we were before.
04-25-2023 12:30 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-25-2023 10:27 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  So they are attempting to DEVALUE their product to sell it at a cheaper price?

Cut costs and sell it to Soros.
04-25-2023 01:00 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(04-25-2023 12:30 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  It is all very interesting to me. When you have an 11 figure net worth and you still want to crush it, you will do dumb things. But the difference is when you are worth 11 figures your margin of error and batting average doesn't need to be that good to still get something right.

It seems to me that the lawsuit had most to do with TC's firing. And if that is true, Maria Bartiromo might be next. Wasn't she part of those accusations too?

In the big picture how many real right leaning major news organizations are there as compared to left leaning? It has to be a 10:1 ratio. If Fox now going left? I hope not, if everyone sings the same song with nobody to call it out or question it, we are even more F'd than we were before.

I don't believe the lawsuit had anything at all directly to do with it. Maybe his criticism of management hurt some feelings. This is a closely run business even if public. Maybe the sexual harassment lawsuit was the reason. But not the Dominion nonsense. The loss wasn't his doing.
04-25-2023 01:04 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(04-25-2023 11:38 AM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  
(04-25-2023 10:24 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  Tucker Carlson's dismissal has me thinking of a sale of Fox being in the works, probably to Jeff Bezos. Fox has been bleeding $$'s in sports for awhile, IMO.

I think that Fox is probably for sale, but Tucker's firing was about that $780m settlement.

Beck was irreplaceable. Then O'Reilly was irreplaceable. Then Tucker Carlson was irreplaceable. Somewhere in that mix, the guy who created it all (Ailes) was himself replaced. EVERYBODY is replaceable, some are just harder to replace than others.

I don't think that Fox wanted to replace Tucker, but I do think that they had to. His replacement will be excited at the huge exposure and pay raise, then the process will start all over again and in 5-10 years the new replacement gets too big for his/her britches...

Yeah. The star is the Chicago Bulls. We don't need Michael Jordan.
04-25-2023 01:05 PM
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami

said so authoritatively without clear & convincing evidence ...
same guy who runs down Miami at every turn ...
perhaps, the despotic regime made an irresistible offer ...
reminiscent of drudge’s mysterious about-face ...
same time same bat channel ...
did that ever occur to you ...
we are confronting depravity after all ...
wouldn’t put it past them ...

PLAY FOR KEEPS
04-25-2023 01:55 PM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
(04-25-2023 10:27 AM)Claw Wrote:  I've seen that speculation, but no. You don't cut off your balls and then put yourself up for stud. They just killed their stock and their ratings. If they were planning to sell this was the stupidest thing ever. If selling is the plan, look for the Murdoch son to be relieved of his duties within the month.

You do of you wish to walk away from a whole bunch of lawsuits. It seems that Rupert Murdock had a personal grievance against Tucker Carlson, and probably Sean Hannity is #2 on his list, more than likely. Combined with the fact that activist investor Schwarz has a lawsuit vs Rupert Murdoch and his son Lachlan, and that this investor did not drop his lawsuit with Tucker's dismissal, you can see that more heads will roll. I look for Sean Hannity to get the same treatment as Tucker. Unlike Tucker, I don't and won't feel sorry for Hannity.
04-25-2023 06:45 PM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(04-25-2023 01:55 PM)green Wrote:  

said so authoritatively without clear & convincing evidence ...
same guy who runs down Miami at every turn ...
perhaps, the despotic regime made an irresistible offer ...
same time same bat channel ...
did that ever occur to you ...
we are confronting depravity after all ...
wouldn’t put it past them ...

PLAY FOR KEEPS

Yes I’m tired of this lawsuit nonsense as the only reasonable explanation when it makes NO SENSE to fire their #1 host first immediately with no warning whatsoever when he wasn’t the main offender over the Dominion case. If the case was the catalyst then they would had fired others well before their main anchor on the network was let go
04-25-2023 06:58 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-25-2023 01:55 PM)green Wrote:  perhaps, the despotic regime made an irresistible offer ...
If Tucker Carlson is actually switching sides, I’ll agree. Until then, he is simply taking his message and moving to a different platform.

As for Drudge, I don’t claim to know what the inside story was with him. But my honest suspicion is that he didn’t change his outlook at all. More likely imho that he was pressured and/or blackmailed into giving up his public brand and keeping his mouth shut. I think other people have been editing the DR for the past 5 years or so, since it switched to the Dark Side. He was the reclusive sort to begin with, so not difficult for him to disappear (or, to be forced to disappear, if that was the case).

As for FOX News being up for sale — seems rather strange to intentionally diminish your property’s value if you’re trying to sell it. But the Murdochs are admittedly rather strange people and I’m sure they have multiple agendas going in different directions at any given moment in time.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2023 07:24 PM by Native Georgian.)
04-25-2023 07:13 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-25-2023 07:13 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(04-25-2023 01:55 PM)green Wrote:  perhaps, the despotic regime made an irresistible offer ...
If Tucker Carlson is actually switching sides, I’ll agree. Until then, he is simply taking his message and moving to a different platform.

very astute of you ...
was referring to making fox an offer they couldn’t refuse ...
as in the godfather ...

BRAINS OR SIGNATURE
04-25-2023 07:31 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-25-2023 07:31 PM)green Wrote:  

very astute of you ...
was referring to making fox an offer they couldn’t refuse ...
as in the godfather ...

BRAINS OR SIGNATURE
LOL, I understand the reference to Michael Corleone. But I didn’t catch who was on the other side of the table. I’m not sure who could make a threat like that to the Murdochs. I suppose someone could.

I once won a very substantial pot in a trivia contest by correctly naming the horse that woke up a movie producer in the middle of the night. (Khartoum). Great film. Deserving of its reputation.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2023 09:15 PM by Native Georgian.)
04-25-2023 08:15 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-25-2023 08:15 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  LOL, I understand the reference to Michael Corleone. But I didn’t catch who was on the other side of the table (Kay). I’m not sure who could make a threat like that to the Murdochs. I suppose someone could.

I once won a very substantial pot in a trivia contest by correctly naming the horse that woke up a movie producer in the middle of the night. (Khartoum). Great film. Deserving of its reputation.

we’re dealing w/ a diabolical bunch ...
witness to history ...
anything can happen ...

WHO’S BEING NAIVE KAY
04-26-2023 06:22 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Tucker's emails said that he thought the claims of the elections were bogus himself, and so did the Murdochs and some others. Once Trump peddle the lies and his allies? It was hurting Fox ratings if they go against Trump. Problem is instead of peddling the stuff, and told the truth, and stop helping Trump that hurt Republicans as they lost more seats in the Senate? And they did not picked up the seats in the house that they wanted tells you that there are more people out there who do not like the lies as the middle of the road Republicans walked away and voted for Ds or Is and not the far right handpicked Trump candidates.
04-26-2023 06:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
It must suck to live with such a muddled mind.
04-26-2023 07:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.