Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rumors of new apparel deal
Bookmark and Share
ZCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Rumors of new apparel deal
I haven’t seen it posted so I started a thread. Many of you likely already have heard the rumors of a Nike or Jordan deal. Even if it is less money than UA, it would be a positive since we would get more exposure/recruits I hope. B12 $ allow us to be less choosy I guess.

I am dreaming of more 4 stars

04-23-2023 03:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Rumors of new apparel deal
(04-23-2023 03:35 PM)ZCat Wrote:  I haven’t seen it posted so I started a thread. Many of you likely already have heard the rumors of a Nike or Jordan deal. Even if it is less money than UA, it would be a positive since we would get more exposure/recruits I hope. B12 $ allow us to be less choosy I guess.

It will almost assuredly be less money than that UA deal, but that's fine...it's red meat to all of the people still stuck in the 90's athletically at UC, so it's a win for the athletic department.

04-24-2023 08:18 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(04-24-2023 08:18 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(04-23-2023 03:35 PM)ZCat Wrote:  I haven’t seen it posted so I started a thread. Many of you likely already have heard the rumors of a Nike or Jordan deal. Even if it is less money than UA, it would be a positive since we would get more exposure/recruits I hope. B12 $ allow us to be less choosy I guess.

It will almost assuredly be less money than that UA deal, but that's fine...it's red meat to all of the people still stuck in the 90's athletically at UC, so it's a win for the athletic department.

Yeah, these guys keep overstating the importance of this. It might be beneficial in selling some additional gear, we might even move from a Top 35 recruiting program to a Top 25 recruiting program-- but we aren't going to be beating out Kansas, UNC, Duke, heck even Ohio State out for recruits because of it. Nobody outside our own fan base and perhaps the guys that beat off over tennis shoes are even going to know this is a thing.

04-24-2023 08:32 AM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I'm not a nike worshiper, but at least it would get us in those preseason tournaments in Oregon that nike puts on and ESPN is all over. Then maybe we won't have to go to the bahamas to play Bowling Green any more.

04-24-2023 08:44 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(04-24-2023 08:44 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I'm not a nike worshiper, but at least it would get us in those preseason tournaments in Oregon that nike puts on and ESPN is all over. Then maybe we won't have to go to the bahamas to play Bowling Green any more.

We haven’t gone to any of those since Mick left. We played OSU and Arizona and Louisville in Maui this past season and the year before that we played Illinois and Arkansas in the Hall of Fame Classic.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2023 09:03 AM by CliftonAve.)
04-24-2023 09:01 AM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(04-24-2023 08:44 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I'm not a nike worshiper, but at least it would get us in those preseason tournaments in Oregon that nike puts on and ESPN is all over. Then maybe we won't have to go to the bahamas to play Bowling Green any more.

Yes, please! I'd love to walk to a UC game.

04-24-2023 09:11 AM
Advertisement

dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy
(04-24-2023 09:01 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

We haven’t gone to any of those since Mick left. We played OSU and Arizona and Louisville in Maui this past season and the year before that we played Illinois and Arkansas in the Hall of Fame Classic.

didn't they go to some half assed tourny under brannen?

04-24-2023 09:11 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(04-24-2023 09:11 AM)dave108 Wrote:  
(04-24-2023 09:01 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

didn't they go to some half assed tourny under brannen?

The Paradise Jam, his first year, but that had already been scheduled beforehand.

04-24-2023 09:14 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
If things take off with Wes I can see Jordan leaning into our brand a bit more. The UA deal was big at the time but I'm not sure it matters as much with the Big 12 move.

04-24-2023 12:15 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Unfortunately I don't have a kid on campus to scarf up the old stuff like the last time we switched brands.

04-24-2023 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Don't tase me bro Offline
Special Teams

I don't get the excitement. Jordan uniforms are some of the most boring out there. Look at Houston.

04-24-2023 01:03 PM
Advertisement

bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

I Root For: Quartinos
Donators
Recruits definitely care. I’ve already seen clips of them referencing it. It’s weird to me but it is absolutely a factor.

04-24-2023 01:21 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
(04-24-2023 01:03 PM)Dont tase me bro Wrote:  I don't get the excitement. Jordan uniforms are some of the most boring out there. Look at Houston.

The excitement is almost entirely because the late 90's, early 2000's Bearcat teams were synonymous with the Jordan brand. And the swagger of the program back then was at its peak culturally. It's a little lame to me how many people are so obssessed with it but I'm rapidly moving away from the age where I understand what gets high school kids excited so 07-coffee3

04-24-2023 01:41 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(04-24-2023 01:03 PM)Dont tase me bro Wrote:  I don't get the excitement. Jordan uniforms are some of the most boring out there. Look at Houston.

Right there with you! UA did some creative design and brought a boatload of cash and player gear. The market has changed and those multi-million dollar deals are history but both the Jordan and Nike team gear is very generic these days. Adidas is often overdesigned and unattractive.

If the shoes are better with Nike/Jordan and the players prefer that tiny logo on the fabric, have at it. The fan gear from Cutter & Buck and a host of other designers are superior to the "sideline gear" the official team brand rolls out each year. That is unless you need a swoosh on every garment.

04-24-2023 01:44 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
Nothing will ever top the Jumpman Jerseys of the 90s.

04-24-2023 02:18 PM
ZCat Offline
1st String

(04-24-2023 08:32 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(04-24-2023 08:18 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Yeah, these guys keep overstating the importance of this. It might be beneficial in selling some additional gear, we might even move from a Top 35 recruiting program to a Top 25 recruiting program-- but we aren't going to be beating out Kansas, UNC, Duke, heck even Ohio State out for recruits because of it. Nobody outside our own fan base and perhaps the guys that beat off over tennis shoes are even going to know this is a thing.

There are a lot people that are really into apparel (not me). But I am hoping we can get some players from Nike /Jordan AAU teams/coaches.

04-24-2023 06:54 PM
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas

You haven't seen our new Jordan designs, then. They are nothing like Houston's nauseatingly generic design.

Ours will be highly influenced by our designs from the 90s.

04-25-2023 09:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-25-2023 09:43 AM)TubaCat Wrote:  

You haven't seen our new Jordan designs, then. They are nothing like Houston's nauseatingly generic design.

Yawn. It's a uniform.

04-25-2023 10:18 AM
cincy7718 Offline
2nd String

Leave it to sports to get some guys excited talking about fashion lol

04-25-2023 11:14 AM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

(04-25-2023 09:43 AM)TubaCat Wrote:  

I hope they don't mess with our font that has made us identifiable. Go ahead and work it into their nike-ness but leave the font alone.

The "Cincinnati stripe" from the Tuberville years... they can pitch that.

04-25-2023 11:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.