Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Administration grappling with extent, motivation of intelligence leak
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
“The details of the latest massive intelligence leak —printed papers, crude photographs and an online forum for gamers — is leaving the U.S. scrambling to sort out the source and motive behind the disclosure.

Department of Defense and Justice investigators face a complex saga to reverse engineer how at least 100 sensitive documents appear to have been printed, walked out of government facilities and then scattered across the internet.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...ence-leak/
04-12-2023 03:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I was looking for a thread on this last night and couldn't find one. Maybe I just missed it...

What the leak basically shows is just how bad the pro-Ukraine propaganda has been.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
04-12-2023 07:00 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Administration grappling with extent, motivation of intelligence leak
Interesting tidbit in the leaked materials. Kirby was asked about it this morning.

Quote:Ukraine War: Leak Shows Western Special Forces on the Ground

The UK is among a number of countries with military special forces operating inside Ukraine, according to one of dozens of documents leaked online.

It confirms what has been the subject of quiet speculation for over a year.

The leaked files, some marked "top secret", paint a detailed picture of the war in Ukraine, including sensitive details of Ukraine's preparations for a spring counter-offensive.

The US government says it is investigating the source of the leak.

According to the document, dated 23 March, the UK has the largest contingent of special forces in Ukraine (50), followed by fellow Nato states Latvia (17), France (15), the US (14) and the Netherlands (1).

The document does not say where the forces are located or what they are doing.

The numbers of personnel may be small, and will doubtless fluctuate. But special forces are by their very nature highly effective. Their presence in Ukraine is likely to be seized upon by Moscow, which has in recent months argued that it is not just confronting Ukraine, but Nato as well.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fww...e-65245065
04-12-2023 11:53 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
If this would have happened during the Trump Administration, the person would have been hailed a hero. Now, "Of with his Head".
04-12-2023 11:55 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-12-2023 11:53 AM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Interesting tidbit in the leaked materials. Kirby was asked about it this morning.

Quote:Ukraine War: Leak Shows Western Special Forces on the Ground

The UK is among a number of countries with military special forces operating inside Ukraine, according to one of dozens of documents leaked online.

It confirms what has been the subject of quiet speculation for over a year.

The leaked files, some marked "top secret", paint a detailed picture of the war in Ukraine, including sensitive details of Ukraine's preparations for a spring counter-offensive.

The US government says it is investigating the source of the leak.

According to the document, dated 23 March, the UK has the largest contingent of special forces in Ukraine (50), followed by fellow Nato states Latvia (17), France (15), the US (14) and the Netherlands (1).

The document does not say where the forces are located or what they are doing.

The numbers of personnel may be small, and will doubtless fluctuate. But special forces are by their very nature highly effective. Their presence in Ukraine is likely to be seized upon by Moscow, which has in recent months argued that it is not just confronting Ukraine, but Nato as well.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fww...e-65245065

If I had an embassy in a war zone, I would think 14 special forces members would be pretty low.
04-12-2023 12:13 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

(04-12-2023 12:13 PM)bullet Wrote:  If I had an embassy in a war zone, I would think 14 special forces members would be pretty low.

Ya missed the point. All those proclamations that the US has no boots on the ground! All the rest is just noise.
04-12-2023 01:47 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(04-12-2023 01:47 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
(04-12-2023 12:13 PM)bullet Wrote:  If I had an embassy in a war zone, I would think 14 special forces members would be pretty low.

Ya missed the point. All those proclamations that the US has no boots on the ground! All the rest is just noise.

Not addressing the reality because I have no idea what it is... but technically, military in an embassy are NOT on foreign soil
04-12-2023 02:40 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

No. You missed the point. We always have some marines or other soldiers at our embassies. This is just like all of those Democrat nothing burgers.

That doesn't mean we have soldiers in Bakhmut helping the Ukrainians.
(of course it doesn't mean we don't either-its just a nothing burger)
04-12-2023 03:01 PM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker-copy-1.gif]
04-12-2023 03:02 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

This is just incredible incompetence. Even the president's itinerary?

Either massively sloppy security or a Russian or Chinese spy very close to the president.
04-12-2023 03:11 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
iF yOu ThInK tHiS iS tHe FiRsT tImE iT's HaPpEnEd, KnOw It HaPpEnS tO eVeRy PrEsIdEnT
04-12-2023 03:18 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-12-2023 11:55 AM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  If this would have happened during the Trump Administration, the person would have been hailed a hero. Now, "Of with his Head".

you could say that 1000x and it would fall short with this admin...

therefore, what does that tell, yaz?!

@>270EVsBlueBakedInn(62) ... 03-wink (AM) .... yeah, buggy, that's what that tells, yaz...

disclaimer: I'm done with this bs ... y'all can argue over the semantics ... it's no longer funny nor challenging...
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2023 06:25 PM by stinkfist.)
04-12-2023 06:23 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

(04-12-2023 03:01 PM)bullet Wrote:  

No. You missed the point. We always have some marines or other soldiers at our embassies. This is just like all of those Democrat nothing burgers.

That doesn't mean we have soldiers in Bakhmut helping the Ukrainians.
(of course it doesn't mean we don't either-its just a nothing burger)

I'm no military expert and haven't served but you are trying to tell me that the service spends tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to train and equip special forces only to use them as guards at embassies?

If that is happening NOW it is just another example of clownworld that we are living in.
04-12-2023 07:27 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Proxy war.
04-12-2023 10:21 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(04-12-2023 03:11 PM)bullet Wrote:  This is just incredible incompetence. Even the president's itinerary?

Either massively sloppy security or a Russian or Chinese spy very close to the president.

Just look at the Cherubs we have running things these days.

Where has their focus been of late?

Sad.

Y’all starting to figure this out yet?

Suckers
04-12-2023 10:49 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

Quote:This line buried in WaPo coverage of Ukraine docs leaker is interesting to say the least:

"OG told his online companions that the government hid horrible truths from the public. He claimed, according to the members, that the government knew in advance that a white supremacist intended to go on a shooting rampage at a Buffalo supermarket in May 2022. The attack left 10 dead, all of them Black, and wounded three more. OG said federal law enforcement officials let the killings proceed so they could argue for increased funding, a baseless notion that the member said he believes and considers an example of OG’s penetrating insights about the depth of government corruption."

WaPo throws in the obligatory "a baseless notion" line, which it very much could be, but the context here is interesting given that much of what was leaked in this Discord chat turned out to be true.
https://archive.ph/qiOok

Leaker of Classified US Intelligence Documents Works on a Military Base: Report

Quote:The culprit behind the leak of a trove of classified US intelligence documents is reportedly a man who works on a “military base” that shared the sensitive material with a close-knit group of online pals on the chat platform Discord.

The bombshell development was revealed in a Wednesday Washington Post report that partially relied on interviews with a teenager in the Discord group who claims to be friends with the leaker, who goes only by “OG.”

“He’s a smart person. He knew what he was doing when he posted these documents, of course. These weren’t accidental leaks of any kind,” the unnamed teen told the newspaper, which obtained permission from his mother to conduct an interview.

“He’s fit. He’s strong. He’s armed. He’s trained. Just about everything you can expect out of some sort of crazy movie,” the alleged friend of the leaker said, adding that he is in his early to mid-20s.

The teenager claims that “OG” steadily shared purportedly classified material with him and about two dozen other members of the private Discord group called “Thug Shaker Central,” in which “OG” was an administrator.

“We all grew very close to each other, like a tightknit family,” the teenage member said of the chat group that was formed at the height of the pandemic in 2020. “We depended on each other … There was no lack of love for each other.”

“OG” reportedly obtained the documents from his job on an unnamed “military base,” where he told the group he had access to a secure facility on site, according to the teen.

The alleged leaker seemed to gain credibility among the group when he shared information that “only someone with the high kind of clearance” would know that later showed up in the news.

According to the report, the roughly 25 group members, including several foreign citizens from the likes of Russia and Ukraine, prayed together and discussed video games, jokes, memes and watched “OG” post purportedly transcribed material from secret government documents.

“OG” annotated the documents with explanations for intelligence terms such as “NOFORN,” which means the material must not be shared with foreign nationals – that he would bring home from his job at the unnamed base, the report said.

When typing out the government secrets proved too time consuming, “OG” began posting photos of the documents themselves.

Among the US secrets “OG” purportedly shared with the community are documents showing that Egypt had planned to sell Russia 40,000 rockets, intelligence suggesting NATO-ally Turkey had been asked for weapons by Russian mercenaries, maps of Ukrainian and Russian troop positions and casualty counts and information on US and allied special forces in Ukraine.

“If you could think it, it was in those documents,” the teenager said of the hundreds of pages of material posted by “OG.”

Beginning in late 2022, “OG” shared photos of several documents a week, some of which revealed clues that could perhaps be used by investigators to identify the leaker, such as his bed, his glowing red keyboard and household Items such as Gorilla Glue and nail clippers.

Both the Pentagon and the Justice Department have launched investigations into the leaks.

On Feb. 28, material posted by “OG” on the Thug Shaker Central server was leaked to another Discord server linked to YouTuber “wow_mao” by a different teenage member of Thug Shaker Central, according to the report.

From there, the material spread like wildfire.

On March 4, documents appeared on the “Minecraft Earth Map” Discord server.

On April 5, classified documents related to the war in Ukraine were posted on Russian Telegram channels, message board platform 4chan and Twitter – it was at this point that US officials became aware of the leak.

Before the New York Times broke the story of the leak on April 6, “OG” reportedly came into the server “frantic” and said that “something had happened, and he prayed to God that this event would not happen. … But now it’s in God’s hands,” a member of the server told the Washington Post.

According to the report, “OG” has been in contact with some members of the server as recently as “in the past few days” and is described as being “distraught” and unsure on “how to go about solving this situation.”
04-13-2023 12:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(04-13-2023 12:11 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Quote:This line buried in WaPo coverage of Ukraine docs leaker is interesting to say the least:

"OG told his online companions that the government hid horrible truths from the public. He claimed, according to the members, that the government knew in advance that a white supremacist intended to go on a shooting rampage at a Buffalo supermarket in May 2022. The attack left 10 dead, all of them Black, and wounded three more. OG said federal law enforcement officials let the killings proceed so they could argue for increased funding, a baseless notion that the member said he believes and considers an example of OG’s penetrating insights about the depth of government corruption."

WaPo throws in the obligatory "a baseless notion" line, which it very much could be, but the context here is interesting given that much of what was leaked in this Discord chat turned out to be true.
https://archive.ph/qiOok

Leaker of Classified US Intelligence Documents Works on a Military Base: Report

Quote:The culprit behind the leak of a trove of classified US intelligence documents is reportedly a man who works on a “military base” that shared the sensitive material with a close-knit group of online pals on the chat platform Discord.

The bombshell development was revealed in a Wednesday Washington Post report that partially relied on interviews with a teenager in the Discord group who claims to be friends with the leaker, who goes only by “OG.”

“He’s a smart person. He knew what he was doing when he posted these documents, of course. These weren’t accidental leaks of any kind,” the unnamed teen told the newspaper, which obtained permission from his mother to conduct an interview.

“He’s fit. He’s strong. He’s armed. He’s trained. Just about everything you can expect out of some sort of crazy movie,” the alleged friend of the leaker said, adding that he is in his early to mid-20s.

The teenager claims that “OG” steadily shared purportedly classified material with him and about two dozen other members of the private Discord group called “Thug Shaker Central,” in which “OG” was an administrator.

“We all grew very close to each other, like a tightknit family,” the teenage member said of the chat group that was formed at the height of the pandemic in 2020. “We depended on each other … There was no lack of love for each other.”

“OG” reportedly obtained the documents from his job on an unnamed “military base,” where he told the group he had access to a secure facility on site, according to the teen.

The alleged leaker seemed to gain credibility among the group when he shared information that “only someone with the high kind of clearance” would know that later showed up in the news.

According to the report, the roughly 25 group members, including several foreign citizens from the likes of Russia and Ukraine, prayed together and discussed video games, jokes, memes and watched “OG” post purportedly transcribed material from secret government documents.

“OG” annotated the documents with explanations for intelligence terms such as “NOFORN,” which means the material must not be shared with foreign nationals – that he would bring home from his job at the unnamed base, the report said.

When typing out the government secrets proved too time consuming, “OG” began posting photos of the documents themselves.

Among the US secrets “OG” purportedly shared with the community are documents showing that Egypt had planned to sell Russia 40,000 rockets, intelligence suggesting NATO-ally Turkey had been asked for weapons by Russian mercenaries, maps of Ukrainian and Russian troop positions and casualty counts and information on US and allied special forces in Ukraine.

“If you could think it, it was in those documents,” the teenager said of the hundreds of pages of material posted by “OG.”

Beginning in late 2022, “OG” shared photos of several documents a week, some of which revealed clues that could perhaps be used by investigators to identify the leaker, such as his bed, his glowing red keyboard and household Items such as Gorilla Glue and nail clippers.

Both the Pentagon and the Justice Department have launched investigations into the leaks.

On Feb. 28, material posted by “OG” on the Thug Shaker Central server was leaked to another Discord server linked to YouTuber “wow_mao” by a different teenage member of Thug Shaker Central, according to the report.

From there, the material spread like wildfire.

On March 4, documents appeared on the “Minecraft Earth Map” Discord server.

On April 5, classified documents related to the war in Ukraine were posted on Russian Telegram channels, message board platform 4chan and Twitter – it was at this point that US officials became aware of the leak.

Before the New York Times broke the story of the leak on April 6, “OG” reportedly came into the server “frantic” and said that “something had happened, and he prayed to God that this event would not happen. … But now it’s in God’s hands,” a member of the server told the Washington Post.

According to the report, “OG” has been in contact with some members of the server as recently as “in the past few days” and is described as being “distraught” and unsure on “how to go about solving this situation.”
Dayum.... dude better pull a Snowden or he is toast.

But what he posted and leaked is proof we are continually lied to by our so called "leaders"

I'm glad it's out because it shows, yes, this is a proxy war, and yes the war profiteers are making billions off of it, and yes, our government has zero desire to help stop it.

04-13-2023 12:23 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Quote:Leaked Documents Likely Came From Air Guardsman at Fort Bragg, Officials Say

WASHINGTON—Investigators believe the leak of purported highly classified documents on Ukraine and dozens of other subjects likely originated from an Air National Guardsman who was based at Fort Bragg at the time of the leak, U.S. officials said, and an arrest could be made as early as Thursday.

One of the officials identified the guardsman as Jack Teixeira, 21 years old, of Massachusetts. Mr. Teixeira couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/leak-docume...malertNEWS

Hey Jack.....might want to make yourself scarce. When and if they nab you, your lifespan just went down dramatically. Watch your back.
04-13-2023 12:33 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
"Investigators believe the leak of purported highly classified documents on Ukraine and dozens of other subjects likely originated from an Air National Guardsman who was based at Fort Bragg at the time of the leak, U.S. officials said, and an arrest could be made as early as Thursday."

Wait a minute, the guy was based in Fort "Bragg" and Fat Alvin's last name is Bragg too? There has to be a connection. Suspicious in the least.

LOL, for the Commies who come on here, it's a joke. I had to post this because you'd probably think that I was serious.
04-13-2023 12:53 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(04-12-2023 07:00 AM)maximus Wrote:  I was looking for a thread on this last night and couldn't find one. Maybe I just missed it...

What the leak basically shows is just how bad the pro-Ukraine propaganda has been.

ive been sayin it. aint i been sayin it.
04-13-2023 02:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.