Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A Whale Sank Our Boat!
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
A Whale Sank Our Boat!
Quote:Friends' sailing adventure ends in a dramatic rescue after a whale sinks their boat in the Pacific
Rick Rodriguez and three of his friends had been on what was meant to be an epic adventure earlier this month when their vessel was hit by a whale and sank in the Pacific Ocean.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/crew-...-rcna76044

Quote:Ultimately, it was another sailing vessel, the Rolling Stones, that came to the group's aid after Joyce shared the incident on a Facebook boat watch group.

Geoff Stone, captain of the Rolling Stones, said they were about 60 or 65 miles away when his crew members realized that their vessel was the closest boat.

After searching the waters, they were eventually able to locate the group of friends.

“We were shocked that we found them," Stone said.

The timing of the rescue, which unfolded at night, appeared to be critical as the Stones' crew members were able to see the light from the dinghy bobbing in the darkness.

Rodriguez lost his boat and the group of friends said they also lost their passports and many of their possessions, but they said they were just grateful to be alive.

Now, they have a whale of a tale to tell for the rest of their lives.
03-22-2023 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
RE: A Whale Sank Our Boat!
(03-22-2023 01:28 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Now, they have a whale of a tale to tell for the rest of their lives.

Rimshot

We went whale watching when we visited Seattle when I was a kid. It really is hard to comprehend how large these animals are until you see them in person.
03-22-2023 01:31 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
As a drunk college student, I jumped in the waters off Cabo San Lucas to swim with some Grey whales..... not realizing that the ones I saw were children and teens... and then mom (or dad) showed up.... scared the living hell out of me... it was more than awe inspiring.. I felt like a long tailed cat in a room full of deadly rocking chairs
03-22-2023 03:34 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(03-22-2023 01:31 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(03-22-2023 01:28 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Now, they have a whale of a tale to tell for the rest of their lives.

Rimshot

We went whale watching when we visited Seattle when I was a kid. It really is hard to comprehend how large these animals are until you see them in person.

as a college student, we played wales tales at 7th entrance....
03-22-2023 03:42 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

03-22-2023 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(03-22-2023 01:28 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
Quote:Friends' sailing adventure ends in a dramatic rescue after a whale sinks their boat in the Pacific
Rick Rodriguez and three of his friends had been on what was meant to be an epic adventure earlier this month when their vessel was hit by a whale and sank in the Pacific Ocean.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/crew-...-rcna76044

Quote:Ultimately, it was another sailing vessel, the Rolling Stones, that came to the group's aid after Joyce shared the incident on a Facebook boat watch group.

Geoff Stone, captain of the Rolling Stones, said they were about 60 or 65 miles away when his crew members realized that their vessel was the closest boat.

After searching the waters, they were eventually able to locate the group of friends.

“We were shocked that we found them," Stone said.

The timing of the rescue, which unfolded at night, appeared to be critical as the Stones' crew members were able to see the light from the dinghy bobbing in the darkness.

Rodriguez lost his boat and the group of friends said they also lost their passports and many of their possessions, but they said they were just grateful to be alive.

Now, they have a whale of a tale to tell for the rest of their lives.

03-23-2023 09:26 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I thought this was gonna be a Stacy Abrams thread.
03-23-2023 09:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.