Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Buh Bye
Bookmark and Share
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Buh Bye
Not to be a spoiler for someyou’s stuck in a cubicle.

But a so-called considered “contender” just got knocked out by a something about a furry man.

Let the madness begin. Too effin funny. They make history yet again…
03-lmfao
03-16-2023 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dukes94 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Buh Bye
WTF was the (sounds like Yahoo) inbounding the ball thinking? They had a time out! And that was a huge three off the steal by (sounds like Keith Berman).

Great game!
03-16-2023 02:25 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

The emotions did an absolute 180 in a matter of seconds. They had that game in the bag. One of the worst decisions I've seen made in the NCAAT.
As soon as that Furman player let go of that three I knew it was over.
I love March Madness.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2023 02:40 PM by JMad03.)
03-16-2023 02:38 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(03-16-2023 02:38 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  The emotions did an absolute 180 in a matter of seconds. They had that game in the bag. One of the worst decisions I've seen made in the NCAAT.
As soon as that Furman player let go of that three I knew it was over.
I love March Madness.

Me too...and me too.
Foolish play by an otherwise very heady player and you just knew that shot was gonna go in. Will be in Greensboro tomorrow for the games, but the 4 games are not terribly compelling. It'll still be fun.
03-16-2023 02:59 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(03-16-2023 02:25 PM)Dukes94 Wrote:  WTF was the (sounds like Yahoo) inbounding the ball thinking? They had a time out! And that was a huge three off the steal by (sounds like Keith Berman).

Great game!

Wait.

I'm not getting the connection sounds like tween "Dumbasss" and Yahoo?!?

The tears will be delicious I'm sure, Chardonnay and Pinot hints I'm sure.

And why am I curiously rooting for and thinking Chuckton wins this one?

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! COGS02-13-banana
03-16-2023 03:09 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

That's one 4 seed down, one more to go tonight 04-cheers
03-16-2023 03:17 PM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Man, I almost picked Furman too. I did have UVA going down in the second round though. I picked SDSU but it was a really tough call. Charleston is really good, but they were pretty unlucky to draw SDSU imo. I would've much rather been a 13 facing UVA.
03-16-2023 03:22 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

That was the most UVA way to lose a game and I LOLed so hard when it happened.
03-16-2023 03:37 PM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

Their offense stunk against Duke and continued to stink today.
03-16-2023 04:36 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Really makes our close loss to them look even worse ...I get hating on UVa...but it's not like they are a school to root against Al day every day (spiders)
03-16-2023 08:38 PM
94computerguy Offline
1st String

(03-16-2023 08:38 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  Really makes our close loss to them look even worse ...I get hating on UVa...but it's not like they are a school to root against Al day every day (spiders)

They are to me. To me, Richmond isn't anywhere near as contempible as UVA is.
03-17-2023 12:24 AM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

UVA is a little ways down the Virginia school hate list for me, but they're definitely there. They're more in ODU territory for me, I enjoy playing them and they're fun to hate whereas some I hate them so much I can't even stand to have to be around their damn fans. Plus with Richmond and the nerds they just belong so far below JMU's level it's not funny so it's a little bit of a different type of hate. It's kinda like the SHSU hate, where they're annoying for even thinking they could ever say anything to us. While UVA and VT are extra fun to see suffer because they think they're above us when really they suck and JMU is the greatest. I think I'd go:
1. GMCC/VCU tie
2. Virginia Tech
3. Richmond
4. Nerds
5. UVA/ODU
03-17-2023 12:50 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-17-2023 12:50 AM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  UVA is a little ways down the Virginia school hate list for me, but they're definitely there. They're more in ODU territory for me, I enjoy playing them and they're fun to hate whereas some I hate them so much I can't even stand to have to be around their damn fans. Plus with Richmond and the nerds they just belong so far below JMU's level it's not funny so it's a little bit of a different type of hate. It's kinda like the SHSU hate, where they're annoying for even thinking they could ever say anything to us. While UVA and VT are extra fun to see suffer because they think they're above us when really they suck and JMU is the greatest. I think I'd go:
1. GMCC/VCU tie
2. Virginia Tech
3. Richmond
4. Nerds
5. UVA/ODU

Tech is at the top for me. I've got a brother who graduated from Tech, goes to a lot of their football games. Refused to go with me back in 2010, thinking they'd kill us. Most of their fans prefer to forget the game ever took place. No "good game" or "that was a tough loss", simply pretend it didn't take place.
03-17-2023 01:43 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(03-17-2023 01:43 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(03-17-2023 12:50 AM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  UVA is a little ways down the Virginia school hate list for me, but they're definitely there. They're more in ODU territory for me, I enjoy playing them and they're fun to hate whereas some I hate them so much I can't even stand to have to be around their damn fans. Plus with Richmond and the nerds they just belong so far below JMU's level it's not funny so it's a little bit of a different type of hate. It's kinda like the SHSU hate, where they're annoying for even thinking they could ever say anything to us. While UVA and VT are extra fun to see suffer because they think they're above us when really they suck and JMU is the greatest. I think I'd go:
1. GMCC/VCU tie
2. Virginia Tech
3. Richmond
4. Nerds
5. UVA/ODU

Tech is at the top for me. I've got a brother who graduated from Tech, goes to a lot of their football games. Refused to go with me back in 2010, thinking they'd kill us. Most of their fans prefer to forget the game ever took place. No "good game" or "that was a tough loss", simply pretend it didn't take place.

Yep if they acknowledge it then it's only to say what a fluke it was, how it'll never happen again, and how no one actually cares about JMU. They're only a very thin hair behind GMCC/VCU for me.
03-17-2023 01:48 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(03-16-2023 08:38 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  Really makes our close loss to them look even worse ...I get hating on UVa...but it's not like they are a school to root against Al day every day (spiders)

actually UVA is a program to be hated day in/day out.....with their elitist attitude and how they look down from their holier than though attitude at everyone else.

UVA as a program is literally the WORST
03-17-2023 07:13 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

Quote:I simply said i don’t like our style of offense. It’s not for me. Just like some football fans don’t like the triple option (see: pre 2022 Georgia southern).

Until uva won a title, a large amount of their fans gave Bennett stick for his style. It’s the opposite of us. Shortening the game. It’s not for everyone. Some still do give him stick, even after a title. And as you’ve seen with us, you see with them, they have maddening losses at times that make no sense.

Just like to bring up this nugget I posted in Feb when discussing our style.

Although our style is different than UVA’s, the common theme is that these “alternative” styles lead to underachieving and inexplicable results.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2023 07:29 AM by Duke Dawg.)
03-17-2023 07:29 AM
Advertisement

Halz87 Offline
1st String

(03-17-2023 07:29 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  
Quote:I simply said i don’t like our style of offense. It’s not for me. Just like some football fans don’t like the triple option (see: pre 2022 Georgia southern).

Until uva won a title, a large amount of their fans gave Bennett stick for his style. It’s the opposite of us. Shortening the game. It’s not for everyone. Some still do give him stick, even after a title. And as you’ve seen with us, you see with them, they have maddening losses at times that make no sense.

Just like to bring up this nugget I posted in Feb when discussing our style.

Although our style is different than UVA’s, the common theme is that these “alternative” styles lead to underachieving and inexplicable results.

I'm not dismissing your point, because it could have some validity to it. However, the other side of that coin is losses are only maddening because expectations are raised due to said style/coach. Not long ago...losses were just the normal mode of operation!

On VA schools hate list... grew up rooting for ODU basketball watching Nancy Liebermann change women's basketball and was at Scope when Bobby Vaughan hit a foul line jumper to beat the Russians. Tough to hate them except for when they play JMU.

Went to Richmond in '85 for an REM show and hit a couple frat houses at Univ of Richmond. Memory a little (very) foggy, but I do recall the guys could not have been nicer. "you guys from JMU ... cool". got us beers and were extremely nice. And Dick Tarrant was punching above his weight with the basketball program at the time.

Easy to hate --> UVA & Tech.
03-17-2023 08:00 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

1. GMCC/VCU tie
2. Virginia Tech
3. Richmond
4. Nerds
5. UVA/ODU

The order for me would be
1. Virginia Tech
2. UVA/ODU
3. GMCC/VCU tie
4. Richmond
5. Nerds

VT/UVA both have overinflated egos, and need to be taken down a peg. GMCC/VCU seems a little bit less relevant to me each year. Didn't even check if they made the tourney yet. A10 is overrated. I think within 5 years the SBC is ranked higher.
03-17-2023 08:04 AM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
(03-17-2023 08:04 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  
1. GMCC/VCU tie
2. Virginia Tech
3. Richmond
4. Nerds
5. UVA/ODU

The order for me would be
1. Virginia Tech
2. UVA/ODU
3. GMCC/VCU tie
4. Richmond
5. Nerds

VT/UVA both have overinflated egos, and need to be taken down a peg. GMCC/VCU seems a little bit less relevant to me each year. Didn't even check if they made the tourney yet. A10 is overrated. I think within 5 years the SBC is ranked higher.

Loathe/Hate:
1. ODUh..I hate ice cream and cake, and their whole existence is a travesty
2.W&M….they gave birth to ODUh, and last time I walked through their campus on the way to us giving them an @$$ whooping students were yelling obscenities at us from their dorm window- classic
3. VT….burnt orange and maroon ish looking colors is terrible. They come out of the woodwork and hills like cowboy fans if they happen to win something.
4.B!tchmond/UVA tie….they remind me of Judge Elihu Smails from CaddyShack. Let’s face it, most of their alumni are absolutely insufferable (their are a few exceptions to every reality)
03-17-2023 08:17 AM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

I was a little worried when I read the subject line, but I'm glad it's something we can all have fun with.
03-17-2023 08:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.