Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC Basketball Comings and Goings in 2023 Transfer Portal
Bookmark and Share
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
MyBB UC Basketball Comings and Goings in 2023 Transfer Portal
I was thinking it would be good to have one thread dedicated to this. It probably won't hold up, but my preference is to focus on actual reported interest either way rather than pure poster speculation.

First up:

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023 12:45 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
03-14-2023 12:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: UC Basketball Comings and Goings in 2023 Transfer Portal

03-14-2023 06:57 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

(03-14-2023 12:45 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  I was thinking it would be good to have one thread dedicated to this. It probably won't hold up, but my preference is to focus on actual reported interest either way rather than pure poster speculation.

First up:

I feel like it needs to be said because this comes up every year but, as a PSA, just because UC is reported to have "interest" in or "contacted" a player, doesn't mean Wes and co are planning to bring them in or that the player is interested in coming to Cincinnati. There's going to be about 100+ players linked to Cincinnati over the next few weeks. No need to freak out one way or the other as those tidbits start to emerge, even though it'll invariably happen as is the nature of message boards.

03-14-2023 08:41 AM
BearcatMan Offline

Would fill a VERY big need.

03-14-2023 09:26 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(03-14-2023 08:41 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  
(03-14-2023 12:45 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  I was thinking it would be good to have one thread dedicated to this. It probably won't hold up, but my preference is to focus on actual reported interest either way rather than pure poster speculation.

First up:

I feel like it needs to be said because this comes up every year but, as a PSA, just because UC is reported to have "interest" in or "contacted" a player, doesn't mean Wes and co are planning to bring them in or that the player is interested in coming to Cincinnati. There's going to be about 100+ players linked to Cincinnati over the next few weeks. No need to freak out one way or the other as those tidbits start to emerge, even though it'll invariably happen as is the nature of message boards.

Feels like applying for jobs you don't have any intention of ever accepting or asking for girls's digits you know you'll never hit up.

03-14-2023 07:15 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
Former Bearcat Zach Harvey has found a new home. McNeese State

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2023 03:30 AM by jdgaucho.)
03-15-2023 03:29 AM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline

(03-15-2023 03:29 AM)jdgaucho Wrote:  Former Bearcat Zach Harvey has found a new home. McNeese State

Mikey Saunders also landed there...reminder, Will Wade (formerly of LSU and FBI) is the new head coach down rhere.

03-15-2023 06:29 AM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

Supremely talented but Nolley just has a little too much “Me” in his game. Gun to my head I think I prefer he stay another year but if he doesn’t it wouldn't necessarily be detrimental to the program.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2023 07:04 AM by DownOnRohs.)
03-15-2023 10:03 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(03-15-2023 10:03 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  Supremely talented but Nolley just has a little too much “Me” in his game. Gun to my head I think I prefer he stay another year but if he doesn’t it would necessarily be detrimental to the program.

We needed a go to scorer on this team. If he leaves and DDJ leaves we would still need a #1 scorer. Vik would be a candidate but in this day you need one of those guys to be a perimeter scorer. I don't think Dan will be consistent enough to take on that role moving into the B12

03-16-2023 06:34 AM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(03-15-2023 10:03 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  Supremely talented but Nolley just has a little too much “Me” in his game. Gun to my head I think I prefer he stay another year but if he doesn’t it wouldn't necessarily be detrimental to the program.

Nolley averaged 16.6 pts on 45% shooting, 42% from three and added almost 6 rebounds a game. I'll take him back in a heartbeat. He has been fantastic for UC this year.

Even his advanced stats show it. True shooting % second only to Victor. PER second only to Victor. And for those who say his defense hurts us his Defensive Win Shares are tied for best on the team and his Defensive Rating % is right about average for the team.

If both Dejulius and Nolley are gone I have severe concerns about our ability to score next year.

03-16-2023 07:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
(03-16-2023 07:34 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  
(03-15-2023 10:03 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  Supremely talented but Nolley just has a little too much “Me” in his game. Gun to my head I think I prefer he stay another year but if he doesn’t it wouldn't necessarily be detrimental to the program.

Nolley averaged 16.6 pts on 45% shooting, 42% from three and added almost 6 rebounds a game. I'll take him back in a heartbeat. He has been fantastic for UC this year.

Even his advanced stats show it. True shooting % second only to Victor. PER second only to Victor. And for those who say his defense hurts us his Defensive Win Shares are tied for best on the team and his Defensive Rating % is right about average for the team.

If both Dejulius and Nolley are gone I have severe concerns about our ability to score next year.

Yeah I want Nolley back as long as he wants to be here.

I can understand his persona may rub some the wrong way but he’s been a great fit and plays hard. Often times has guarded the best opposing player and done well in that. Obviously a good scorer and can rebound well.

I get the sense from his pressers that this has been his favorite year of college bball and really enjoyed his time at Cincy.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2023 07:57 AM by natibeast2.0.)
03-16-2023 07:56 AM
Advertisement

cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

To add onto this, Nolley is one of the best passers, if not THE best passer on the team (at the very least, I think he has some of the best vision on the team). He's third in both assists per game and assist rate, behind DDJ and MAW so the kid actively tries to make players around him better.

I get that his demeanor and facial expressions might give off the impression that he has a "me me me" and "I'm too cool for this" attitude but his interactions with his teammates and the media as well as how other players and the coaches speak of him clearly paint a different picture. My belief is that he loves this team, he loves playing here, and I would be ecstatic if he came back from another year.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2023 08:32 AM by cinbinsportsfan.)
03-16-2023 08:31 AM
BearcatMan Offline

Fills a need at the 4/5

03-16-2023 11:59 AM
BearcatMan Offline

A guy we pursued last year before he returned to Ball State under the new coach. Would fit a serious need, as he is 6'9" 250lbs and plays post/power forward averaging 13.8 points and nearly 9 boards a game. Wouldn't be surprised to see us make a big play for him this off-season.

03-16-2023 03:19 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

we have loads of guards on our roster. I feel it opens up playing time for the jc guard and Rayvon Griffith and Jizzle James next year. WE'll be fine.

03-19-2023 08:24 AM
BearcatMan Offline

Let's trade our best player for two freshman and a JUCO guy, that makes perfect sense :lmfso:

03-19-2023 09:45 AM
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
Is Hensley still on the team?

03-19-2023 10:29 AM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
(03-19-2023 10:29 AM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  Is Hensley still on the team?

Got 1 minute of action in yesterdays win. Everyone is still on the team.

03-19-2023 10:37 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I think Hensley saw the floor with under a minute left yesterday.

I'm actually wondering now if Josh Reed will be back next year. Unless I've missed it, he's not been in the rotation of late and UC is down two guards to injury. I'm not wishing that, just wondering. And I've wondered if Sage will be allowed to claim a redshirt year given that he's anchored to the bench.

This offseason may hold surprises we just can't anticipate in this Brave New World of the portal.

03-19-2023 10:40 AM
Lurkercat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(03-19-2023 10:37 AM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  

Got 1 minute of action in yesterdays win. Everyone is still on the team.

Fortunately no one has snuck off in the middle of the night since brannen left

03-19-2023 07:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.