03-10-2023 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Garrettabc Online
All American

I Root For: Florida State
RE: Josh Pastner fired at GT
Brian Gregory also fired.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023 04:35 PM by Garrettabc.)
03-10-2023 04:22 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(03-10-2023 03:19 PM)XLance Wrote:  https://www.cbssports.com/college-basket...w-jackets/

GT is getting serious about athletics.

The hardest part has always been having the right President. Cabrera is the right President.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-tech/...XUCN37FNE/

Quote:Long before season, Georgia Tech president found football performance ‘worrisome’

About a year ago, Georgia Tech President Ángel Cabrera sang the praises of then-athletic director Todd Stansbury. Up for his annual performance review in February 2022, Cabrera affirmed Stansbury for his leadership of the athletic department throughout 2021 – as the forces of the pandemic, the transfer portal and the rule changes that permitted athletes to be compensated for their name, image and likeness unsettled the world of college athletics.

“I thank you for leading the program throughout this time of transformation and doing so without accruing losses or increasing our outstanding debt – a result not many programs achieved this year,” Cabrera wrote.

There was one particular issue that Cabrera raised in the annual performance evaluation, dated Feb. 24, 2022 and obtained through an open-records request that was made Sept. 27, 2022 and received Feb. 10. (By state law, University System of Georgia sports programs are required to respond to records requests within 90 business days.)

“My biggest concern this year was our poor performance in football, which is worrisome given its outsized impact on our reputation, student and alumni engagement, and the revenues of the entire program,” Cabrera wrote.

Cabrera’s concern with then-coach Geoff Collins’ team, and his raising it with Collins’ boss, speaks to his decision to dismiss both the coach and AD after the Jackets began the 2022 season in calamitous fashion. Cabrera was quite willing to credit Stansbury for the many successes achieved by the Tech athletic department in 2021, such as the strong seasons of several teams, Jackets athletes’ academic performance and Stansbury’s fundraising and budgeting efforts. But, months before the start of the fateful 2022 season, Cabrera’s assessment of the football team – and its potential impact – made clear that he placed ultimate responsibility for the program with Stansbury, who late in the 2021 season affirmed Collins as “my man.”

“Since the change in coaches and system three seasons ago our results have been consistently poor, with a 9-25 overall record,” Cabrera wrote. “While it is reasonable to expect a leadership and system change to impact performance, the last three years have produced the worst three-year record since we joined the ACC forty years ago. Clearly you cannot control the outcomes of specific games, but these numbers indicate a problematic trend which, unless reversed, has the risk of damaging the whole athletic program, no matter the successes elsewhere.”
03-13-2023 09:50 AM
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
I'm hearing Damon Stoudamire is on the short list ....

But no idea if that's accurate. Long time NBA asst. College experience too, but I don't know the connection to Ga Tech ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_Stoudamire
03-13-2023 10:42 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
If Brownell gets fired, we're a Robert McCollum FAMU firing away from our 4 wins equating to 4 coaches fired! 03-nutkick
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2023 01:55 PM by dgrace4cards.)
03-13-2023 01:55 PM
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
03-13-2023 03:11 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
His hair being tall makes him look like a totally different person.

He was a bad ass at Arizona.

Congrats to Ga Tech!

04-cheers
03-13-2023 03:19 PM
Advertisement

esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
Stoudamire is an interesting choice to say the least.
03-13-2023 03:35 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
more than half the league helmed by black coaches ...

GT
FSU
UNC
State
Louisville
Pitt
BC
SU

MAJORITY MINORITY
03-13-2023 03:38 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(03-13-2023 03:11 PM)green Wrote:  

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/16...2433871873

STOUT
WAIT!!!

I have to ask GTS: what are his views on practicing before a game?
05-stirthepot
03-13-2023 05:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
Love the New Prez & AD! CJP should have should have been gone with Ron Bell!
03-14-2023 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.