Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Athletics Creative Services
Bookmark and Share
PurpleSoloCup84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
Athletics Creative Services
Couldn't find a thread so I wanted to start one. We are blessed to have some outstanding talent on our Creative Services staff. I'm constantly blown away by the videos being put out in support of JMU's athletes. Not to mention the photos that C.K. has taken over the years.
03-08-2023 10:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDuke4Ever Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: James Madison University
RE: Athletics Creative Services
(03-08-2023 10:13 PM)PurpleSoloCup84 Wrote:  Couldn't find a thread so I wanted to start one. We are blessed to have some outstanding talent on our Creative Services staff. I'm constantly blown away by the videos being put out in support of JMU's athletes. Not to mention the photos that C.K. has taken over the years.

I think that JMU has definitely invested more into this group over the last 2-3 years because I don't remember the graphics being this good before, or them producing as good of content. This is especially evident with that "New Era" documentaty type series for the football team they did this season. But they have done really fabulous work across all sports across the 2022 and 2023 seasons...

On a somewhat related note, I am curious though as to what JMU budgets for the marketing stuff though. I know there were more T-shirt giveaways for students at basketball games this year (which looked like better quality then when I was a student in addition to the increase in frequency). It seems like they only limited the giveaways to the first 250 students for most of these. That almost penalizes a student that is coming for class, or one that may not be as interested in going but would go if they felt part of larger collective group. Would love to see something that gets the whole arena involved. Could help drive "paid attendance" and ticket sales in addition to student tickets. We definitely have a much improved home court advantage at the AUBC and out other facilities and I think we should definitely work to enhance it. I also feel like they have been rationing the streamers the last two seasons as well. Feel like I don't see that many anymore, and its definitely not due to a lack of scoring.
03-09-2023 04:14 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
It's a great time to be a JMU Duke
03-09-2023 04:23 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(03-09-2023 04:14 PM)JMUDuke4Ever Wrote:  
(03-08-2023 10:13 PM)PurpleSoloCup84 Wrote:  Couldn't find a thread so I wanted to start one. We are blessed to have some outstanding talent on our Creative Services staff. I'm constantly blown away by the videos being put out in support of JMU's athletes. Not to mention the photos that C.K. has taken over the years.

I think that JMU has definitely invested more into this group over the last 2-3 years because I don't remember the graphics being this good before, or them producing as good of content. This is especially evident with that "New Era" documentaty type series for the football team they did this season. But they have done really fabulous work across all sports across the 2022 and 2023 seasons...

On a somewhat related note, I am curious though as to what JMU budgets for the marketing stuff though. I know there were more T-shirt giveaways for students at basketball games this year (which looked like better quality then when I was a student in addition to the increase in frequency). It seems like they only limited the giveaways to the first 250 students for most of these. That almost penalizes a student that is coming for class, or one that may not be as interested in going but would go if they felt part of larger collective group. Would love to see something that gets the whole arena involved. Could help drive "paid attendance" and ticket sales in addition to student tickets. We definitely have a much improved home court advantage at the AUBC and out other facilities and I think we should definitely work to enhance it. I also feel like they have been rationing the streamers the last two seasons as well. Feel like I don't see that many anymore, and its definitely not due to a lack of scoring.

Yeah I agree with a lot of this. The video, graphics, and social media people have been killing it. They've also done a lot of good stuff to get students to the games, but I do think a lot of the music, in-game presentation, cheers, etc. could be a lot better to get people engaged. I also think they might want to shift a bit of focus to getting paid tickets to the games and engaged. The students can always improve more, but they've improved a lot and I'd say the STH's are much more lacking.

Some of it could be pretty simple too. Make it better known that you're supposed to stand from lineups until we score, not everyone was around for the Convo when that was made clear. Get a bigger pep band to every game, I think the size it was with the alumni joining was what it should always be. Another big thing would be doing more cheers that get other people engaged and joining in instead of the type of cheers that are never gonna spread beyond the cheerleaders and band.
03-09-2023 05:01 PM
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
(03-09-2023 05:01 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  
(03-09-2023 04:14 PM)JMUDuke4Ever Wrote:  

Yeah I agree with a lot of this. The video, graphics, and social media people have been killing it. They've also done a lot of good stuff to get students to the games, but I do think a lot of the music, in-game presentation, cheers, etc. could be a lot better to get people engaged. I also think they might want to shift a bit of focus to getting paid tickets to the games and engaged. The students can always improve more, but they've improved a lot and I'd say the STH's are much more lacking.

Some of it could be pretty simple too. Make it better known that you're supposed to stand from lineups until we score, not everyone was around for the Convo when that was made clear. Get a bigger pep band to every game, I think the size it was with the alumni joining was what it should always be. Another big thing would be doing more cheers that get other people engaged and joining in instead of the type of cheers that are never gonna spread beyond the cheerleaders and band.

Those of us in my crowd Section 114 have discussed the lack of marketing stuff during the WBB games for the non-student crowd. Where are the t-shirts after a 3-point shot? What happened to the Domino's Pizza Scream - now it looks like there is only one prize per game. Even the halftime games seem to have dwindled and the game promotions were scrunched into just a few games this season. It's almost like Marketing has decided that since the women are playing so well that they don't need to do anything to encourage attendance. Those of us who have had season tickets for eons will continue to come, but how to attract and keep the newer fan??

I agree that the videos - both on the video board and in social media - have been excellent this year.
03-09-2023 06:14 PM
DooX Offline
1st String

(03-09-2023 04:23 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  It's a great time to be a JMU Duke

Has there ever been a time when it wasn't a great time to be a Duke?
03-09-2023 06:30 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
yes. 1993. Troy kicked a field goal in the playoffs OVER the upright and wide...they counted it for the win.
It's probably why Rip left
03-09-2023 06:50 PM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(03-09-2023 06:50 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  yes. 1993. Troy kicked a field goal in the playoffs OVER the upright and wide...they counted it for the win.

After 1 seed men's basketball got upset by 4-10 7 seed(out of 8) ECU in the CAA championship game.
03-09-2023 07:04 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
(03-09-2023 06:30 PM)DooX Wrote:  

The Alex Wood era was pretty miserable at times.
My first year was 96 and didn't really get to enjoy too many high spots until after I graduated.
Feel like all of that misery has been absolutely worth it.
03-09-2023 07:26 PM
DooX Offline
1st String

LOL, I just mean that, even when some of the teams are down, it's still great to be a Duke!
03-09-2023 11:02 PM
Advertisement

bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
(03-09-2023 11:02 PM)DooX Wrote:  LOL, I just mean that, even when some of the teams are down, it's still great to be a Duke!

100% agree!
03-10-2023 06:50 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(03-09-2023 11:02 PM)DooX Wrote:  LOL, I just mean that, even when some of the teams are down, it's still great to be a Duke!

Absolutely!
Still incredible memories and would do it all over again.
I'm glad I became a fan when I did, as I really appreciate what we are getting to experience now. It just makes it that much sweeter.
03-10-2023 07:48 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes

emphatically, no. It keeps getting better though! 04-cheers
03-10-2023 08:29 AM
Advertisement

JMaddy Offline
All American

(03-09-2023 07:26 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  

The Alex Wood era was pretty miserable at times.
My first year was 96 and didn't really get to enjoy too many high spots until after I graduated.
Feel like all of that misery has been absolutely worth it.

We did have some great individual contributors just not a great team; Macey Brooks, Delvin Joyce, Curtis Keaton, Ed Perry, Tony Booth, Chris Morant among others.
03-10-2023 05:42 PM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

(03-09-2023 07:04 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  
(03-09-2023 06:50 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  yes. 1993. Troy kicked a field goal in the playoffs OVER the upright and wide...they counted it for the win.

After 1 seed men's basketball got upset by 4-10 7 seed(out of 8) ECU in the CAA championship game.

That was so frustrating. Lefty’s teams sure could play down to the competition. It made Kent Culuko’s buzzer-beater the next year all the better.
03-12-2023 09:13 AM
Dignan Offline
1st String

It must have been bugging him for some time then because he was the coach still in 1994 when I was there.
03-12-2023 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.