Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Final Day of the Men's Regular Season
Bookmark and Share
Eagle66 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
Final Day of the Men's Regular Season
I wanted to get a league game day thread before the gaems started, and did not realize EMU/NIU was rescheduled to to noon central time due to the weather. (Kinda stinks for the Huskie Seniors to have a senior day vs a senior night.)

Eastern Michigan @ Northern Illinois - 1 PM [ESPN3]
Akron @ Kent State - 6 PM [ESPNU]
Toledo @ Ball State - 6 PM [CBSSN]
Miami @ Buffalo - 7 PM [ESPN+]
Central Michigan @ Western Michigan - 7 PM [ESPN3]
Bowling Green @ Ohio - 8 PM [CBSSN]
03-03-2023 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: Final Day of the Men's Regular Season
NIU pummeling EMU 82-63 with a minute left. Another perplexing performance by Bates. He's either elite or horrific. 3-14 from the field, including 0-6 from 3. 6 points.

Any chance he stays at EMU next year?
03-03-2023 02:52 PM
Eagle66 Offline
1st String

While 7 of the 8 teams going to Cleveland are decided, some seeds are up for grabs. Seeds possibilities are below going into today (And will update as games go final.) I believe the tie breakers are correct, but I could be wrong.

Tournament Seed Possibilities
#1 Seed - Toledo
#2 Seed - Kent State
#3 Seed - Akron
#4 Seed - Ball State
#5 Seed - Ohio
#6 Seed - Buffalo
#7 Seed - Northern Illinois
#8 Seed - Miami

Eliminated
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Central Michigan
Bowling Green

MAC Tournament First Round Games for Locked In Teams
Game #1 - #1 Toledo vs. #8 Miami - 11 AM [ESPN+]
Game #2 - #4 Ball State vs. #5 Ohio - Approx. 1:30 PM (30 minutes after Game #1) [ESPN+]
Game #3 - #2 Kent State vs. #7 Northern Illinois - Approx. 4 PM (30 minutes after Game #2) [ESPN+]
Game #4 - #3 Akron vs. #6 Buffalo - Approx. 6:30 PM (30 minutes after Game #3) [ESPN+]

Edit: Updated after all games
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023 11:14 PM by Eagle66.)
03-03-2023 02:55 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I assume they moved the NIU game back to noon to accommodate EMU not having to travel in the bad weather but they also made it so no NIU fans could make it unless you're retired or unemployed.

How fun for the seniors and their family to try to make a noon weekday game.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023 03:43 PM by epasnoopy.)
03-03-2023 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shabamon Offline
Water Engineer

(03-03-2023 02:55 PM)Eagle66 Wrote:  While 7 of the 8 teams going to Cleveland are decided, some seeds are up for grabs. Seeds possibilities are below going into today (And will update as games go final.) I believe the tie breakers are correct, but I could be wrong.

#1 Seed - Toledo (Win or Kent St. Loss) or Kent State (Win and UT Loss)
#2 Seed - Kent State or Toledo
#3 Seed - Akron
#4 Seed - Ball State
#5 Seed - Ohio (Tie breakers over NIU [2-0] and UB [1-1 but win over highest seed / Akron]. Ohio also wins a 3 way tie breaker)
#6 Seed - Buffalo (Win [2-0 vs. NIU for tiebreaker]) or Northern Illinois (Buffalo Loss)
#7 Seed - Northern Illinois (Buffalo win) or Buffalo (Loss)
#8 Seed - Miami (Win), Bowling Green (Win, Miami & CMU Loss), Central Michigan (Win, Miami and BGSU Loss)

Eliminated
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan

Game #1 - #1 Seed vs. #8 Seed - 11 AM [ESPN+]
Game #2 - #4 Ball State vs. #5 Ohio - Approx. 1:30 PM (30 minutes after Game #1) [ESPN+]
Game #3 - #2 Seed vs. #7 Seed - Approx. 4 PM (30 minutes after Game #2) [ESPN+]
Game #4 - #3 Akron vs. #6 Seed - Approx. 6:30 PM (30 minutes after Game #3) [ESPN+]

Edit: Updated after NIU/EMU

Akron should get the 2 with a win. They'd tie Kent but would have head to head.

And just so it's perfectly clear - Miami can still get in with a loss but they would need CMU and BG to lose.
03-03-2023 03:42 PM
Eagle66 Offline
1st String

(03-03-2023 03:42 PM)shabamon Wrote:  
(03-03-2023 02:55 PM)Eagle66 Wrote:  While 7 of the 8 teams going to Cleveland are decided, some seeds are up for grabs. Seeds possibilities are below going into today (And will update as games go final.) I believe the tie breakers are correct, but I could be wrong.

#1 Seed - Toledo (Win or Kent St. Loss) or Kent State (Win and UT Loss)
#2 Seed - Kent State or Toledo
#3 Seed - Akron
#4 Seed - Ball State
#5 Seed - Ohio (Tie breakers over NIU [2-0] and UB [1-1 but win over highest seed / Akron]. Ohio also wins a 3 way tie breaker)
#6 Seed - Buffalo (Win [2-0 vs. NIU for tiebreaker]) or Northern Illinois (Buffalo Loss)
#7 Seed - Northern Illinois (Buffalo win) or Buffalo (Loss)
#8 Seed - Miami (Win), Bowling Green (Win, Miami & CMU Loss), Central Michigan (Win, Miami and BGSU Loss)

Eliminated
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan

Game #1 - #1 Seed vs. #8 Seed - 11 AM [ESPN+]
Game #3 - #2 Seed vs. #7 Seed - Approx. 4 PM (30 minutes after Game #2) [ESPN+]
Game #4 - #3 Akron vs. #6 Seed - Approx. 6:30 PM (30 minutes after Game #3) [ESPN+]

Edit: Updated after NIU/EMU

Akron should get the 2 with a win. They'd tie Kent but would have head to head.

And just so it's perfectly clear - Miami can still get in with a loss but they would need CMU and BG to lose.

yeah I realized that and was editing when you responded Shab, Thanks. I'll update with the other Miami scenario.
03-03-2023 03:47 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(03-03-2023 03:40 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  I assume they moved the NIU game back to noon to accommodate EMU not having to travel in the bad weather but they also made it so no NIU fans could make it unless you're retired or unemployed.

How fun for the seniors and their family to try to make a noon weekday game.

Yall averaged 917 a game... there looked like AT LEAST 700 there today.
03-03-2023 04:02 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Kent State looks like a full house, with Elvis
03-03-2023 06:23 PM
Eagle66 Offline
1st String

Toledo wins the 1 seed as they beat BSU.

Kent gets called for a phantom foul on a Castaneda 3 with 4 seconds. Really bad call. Castaneda makes all 3 to send it to OT. And they gave Senderhoff a T after the clock expired.

Edit: Kent comes back from starting OT down 2 to beat Akron.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023 08:30 PM by Eagle66.)
03-03-2023 08:10 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

DOG FIGHTS NEXT WEEK! WHO'S READY!?
03-03-2023 08:36 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Wow, what a game. Missed a bit and upset with youtube TV and myself for clicking the remote so much.

Sent from my SM-G990U using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023 08:46 PM by Steve1981.)
03-03-2023 08:44 PM
Advertisement

Eagle66 Offline
1st String

Buffalo and Western win the 7 PM games.
03-03-2023 08:59 PM
Eagle66 Offline
1st String

Ohio slips past BG in the nightcap.
03-03-2023 09:58 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(03-03-2023 09:58 PM)Eagle66 Wrote:  Ohio slips past BG in the nightcap.

yeah it was nip and tuck there for a while. whew, thank goodness we pulled that one out!
03-03-2023 10:01 PM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Miami was up 15 late in the first half and then played as poorly offensively as we have all season the rest of the way. But the bottom of the MAC was weak and our 4 game winning streak where we did play some good solid basketball was enough to sneak into the 8th spot. Something to build on for next year when our roster will be both more talented and more experienced. We did play Toledo close in Oxford so we may give them a challenge Thursday. Or not.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023 08:34 PM by DICK.)
03-03-2023 10:13 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(03-03-2023 10:13 PM)DICK Wrote:  Miami was up 15 late in the first half and then played as poorly offensively as we have all season the rest of the way. But the bottom of the MAC was week and our 4 game winning streak where we did play some good solid basketball was enough to sneak into the 8th spot. Something to build on for next year when our roster will be both more talented and more experienced. We did play Toledo close in Oxford so we may give them a challenge Thursday. Or not.

I think it would be cool to see a Battle of the Bricks rematch in the semi-finals on Friday!
03-03-2023 10:16 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-03-2023 10:16 PM)bobcat_backer Wrote:  
(03-03-2023 10:13 PM)DICK Wrote:  Miami was up 15 late in the first half and then played as poorly offensively as we have all season the rest of the way. But the bottom of the MAC was week and our 4 game winning streak where we did play some good solid basketball was enough to sneak into the 8th spot. Something to build on for next year when our roster will be both more talented and more experienced. We did play Toledo close in Oxford so we may give them a challenge Thursday. Or not.

I think it would be cool to see a Battle of the Bricks rematch in the semi-finals on Friday!

Eat 02-13-banana
03-03-2023 11:30 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
(03-03-2023 10:16 PM)bobcat_backer Wrote:  

It wouldn’t be the first time Toledo laid an egg in the tourney. Obviously rooting for Miami to make some noise in Cleveland even if I’m not counting on it, though for UT’s sake it’d be cool to see them finally break their tourney drought if we don’t pull off the upset.
03-04-2023 11:24 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
If anyone fails to remember, one year U Toledo conference MVP Fletcher gets injured at the tournament. Another year UT starting forward Willie Jackson gets injured doing a pregame dunk. Last year UT forgets how to make free throws v Akron. I hate to say there is some kind of jinx but just maybe things could be different for Toledo this year.
03-04-2023 12:22 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2023 12:22 PM)Rocket75 Wrote:  If anyone fails to remember, one year U Toledo conference MVP Fletcher gets injured at the tournament. Another year UT starting forward Willie Jackson gets injured doing a pregame dunk. Last year UT forgets how to make free throws v Akron. I hate to say there is some kind of jinx but just maybe things could be different for Toledo this year.

Those teams were soft. As far as talent goes I loved Sanford, Lauf and Navigato... but they aren't close to a Maddox, Dennis and Moss. Let alone Shumate and Milner at the forward spots.

Besides the occasional Saunders, Jacoby (who we are red shirting) or whichever 6th man we have had... Edu and Farmer have earned big minutes down the stretch. Farmer is a problem slashing to the basket and hitting jump shots.

Toledo is also a staggering 39 of 40 from the free throw line the past two games. Made 28 in a row vs. CMU and the first 11 vs. Ball State until Dennis missed one under a minute when the game was in hand.
03-04-2023 12:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.