MBB Buffalo Bull at the Convo
Bookmark and Share
pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
MBB Buffalo Bull at the Convo
7pm central on ESPN+.

Buffalo 11-16/193 NET.....NIU 11-16/248

As El Dude pointed out in another thread the winner is probably the sixth seed and the loser the seventh seed. The Bulls could lose Saturday when they host Miami and NIU could beat EMU and still be sixth even if our Huskies lose tonight. It really doesn't matter as the Huskies need to beat a good team in Cleveland so they are not "one and done".

Of the three 5-11 teams fighting for the eighth seed (Miami, CMU and EMU) it will probably come down to tiebreakers.

Back in early January the Bulls beat the Huskies 80-62 but this is a different Huskie
team.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-28-2023 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: MBB Buffalo Bull at the Convo
(02-28-2023 10:02 AM)pantone1935 Wrote:  7pm central on ESPN+.

Buffalo 11-16/193 NET.....NIU 11-16/248

As El Dude pointed out in another thread the winner is probably the sixth seed and the loser the seventh seed. The Bulls could lose Saturday when they host Miami and NIU could beat EMU and still be sixth even if our Huskies lose tonight. It really doesn't matter as the Huskies need to beat a good team in Cleveland so they are not "one and done".

Of the three 5-11 teams fighting for the eighth seed (Miami, CMU and EMU) it will probably come down to tiebreakers.

Back in early January the Bulls beat the Huskies 80-62 but this is a different Huskie
team.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The difference in 6th or 7th probably doesn't matter as much. I think Toledo already clinched 1st. I'm not certain about 2-4 but I'm not sure Ball State can move up a spot. Maybe they can...

Either way, our quad is possibly already set with us playing either Kent St or Akron and Ohio playing either Kent State or Akron. Probably going to have to beat Kent or Akron to advance no matter how you cut it, obviously swapping in Ohio for either one of those if they were to win.

So, do you want to play Kent State or Akron...and does it actually matter? Sure, we beat Kent earlier but that's no guarantee we can do it again. Both are good teams and we'd have to play well and shoot well to beat either of them.
02-28-2023 01:00 PM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

NIU only had to play the top 3 MAC teams 3 times going 1-2.
Buffalo had to play the top 3 teams 6 times going 0-6.

NIU went 0-4 against the 4 & 5 seeds.
BSU went 2-3.

We need Coit to have a chance.
02-28-2023 05:05 PM
ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(02-28-2023 05:05 PM)El Duderino Wrote:  NIU only had to play the top 3 MAC teams 3 times going 1-2.
Buffalo had to play the top 3 teams 6 times going 0-6.

NIU went 0-4 against the 4 & 5 seeds.
BSU went 2-3.

We need Coit to have a chance.
Going tonight and the first thing I will be looking for is if Coit is out there warming up.

Go Huskies!
02-28-2023 05:16 PM
Big Red Online
All American

(02-28-2023 05:05 PM)El Duderino Wrote:  We need Coit to have a chance.

This is all that really matters.
02-28-2023 06:31 PM
Growler83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Coit is dressed for warmups. Moving around pretty good
02-28-2023 07:06 PM
Advertisement

HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(02-28-2023 07:06 PM)Growler83 Wrote:  Coit is dressed for warmups. Moving around pretty good

Excellent news. Even if he is not 100%, it will help our depth immensely.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023 07:29 PM by HuskieDave.)
02-28-2023 07:28 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
Need to start establishing dominance at home, lets get after it.
02-28-2023 07:54 PM
HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
Just maybe, playing some defense would be beneficial.
02-28-2023 08:38 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
I love it when your 6-10 guy is running down the court as the small guys battle for the offensive rebound.
02-28-2023 08:43 PM
Big Red Online
All American

So many missed layups.
02-28-2023 09:06 PM
Advertisement

CollegeMan33 Offline
Special Teams

Toledo has not clinched the top spot. Toledo must win or have a Kent St loss to be the no.1 seed. If they tie Kent St. owns the tiebreaker over Toledo
02-28-2023 10:29 PM
CollegeMan33 Offline
Special Teams

Huskies we’re the worst home court winning team this year in the MAC. Unbelievable! Montgomery could win at home but not on the road and Burno can win on the road but not at home! NIU basketball is crazy stupid!
02-28-2023 10:33 PM
ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

Team came out a little flat and Buffalo was on all cylinders right from the start. Nice to see Coit out there and good that he will get two games under his belt before the MAC Tourney and get his legs underneath him.
02-28-2023 11:39 PM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(02-28-2023 10:33 PM)CollegeMan33 Wrote:  Huskies we’re the worst home court winning team this year in the MAC. Unbelievable! Montgomery could win at home but not on the road and Burno can win on the road but not at home! NIU basketball is crazy stupid!

Maybe having the south bleachers rolled up jinxes the Huskies.

Look at the bright side, the MAC tourney is not played in DeKalb.
03-01-2023 08:28 AM
Big Red Online
All American

(02-28-2023 11:39 PM)ChicagoHuskie Wrote:  Team came out a little flat and Buffalo was on all cylinders right from the start. Nice to see Coit out there and good that he will get two games under his belt before the MAC Tourney and get his legs underneath him.

My take as well.

Played better in the 2nd half just couldn't get any closer than 7 points. I still contend the missed layups are what put us too far back. Either way, it was good to get Coit back on the floor. These last two games don't really matter all that much (other than pride and record), so getting the team as healthy as possible and ready for the first round game of the MACT is priority #1.

But this team does seem snakebit this year. The moment Coit comes back, there was a little scare with Hunter potentially getting hurt but it appears he may have avoided something that will keep him out.

It's been a really good season so far despite the injury setbacks. Team works its tail off and rarely can be counted out of a game. And it's still a young roster, but we'll potentially lose a couple of integral players. Guys who aren't irreplaceable or franchise type guys, but integral to the flow and success this squad has seen.

But, that's a topic that should be addressed a little bit later. Let's get a win on Friday and then be a disruption in Cleveland.
03-01-2023 08:47 AM
Advertisement

ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

(02-28-2023 10:33 PM)CollegeMan33 Wrote:  Huskies we’re the worst home court winning team this year in the MAC. Unbelievable! Montgomery could win at home but not on the road and Burno can win on the road but not at home! NIU basketball is crazy stupid!
Our home and away split is very strange, but I will say it will be an easier task to reverse the home record versus a team trying to learn how to win on the road. They have the toughest part figured out, when we transfer that to the home court watch out.
03-01-2023 09:11 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Yep, when the Huskies demolished Western Michigan at home, they treated it as an away game. The team stayed in a hotel outside DeKalb, did their normal out of town activities, and were bussed to the game. It certainly worked, but obviously that can't be done for every game!
03-01-2023 09:53 AM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(03-01-2023 09:53 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Yep, when the Huskies demolished Western Michigan at home, they treated it as an away game. The team stayed in a hotel outside DeKalb, did their normal out of town activities, and were bussed to the game. It certainly worked, but obviously that can't be done for every game!

I heard they even ordered Beer Nuggets to their room and said "What a strange local cuisine, I bet it packs the pounds on the freshmen girls of NIU."
03-01-2023 10:25 AM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
(03-01-2023 08:28 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  

Maybe having the south bleachers rolled up jinxes the Huskies.

Look at the bright side, the MAC tourney is not played in DeKalb.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-01-2023 10:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.