Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC Football Spring game
Bookmark and Share
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
UC Football Spring game
We're having a Spring game this year.

CINCINNATI – The 2023 Cincinnati football spring game will kick off at Nippert Stadium at 12 p.m. ET on April 15.

The game will be free to fans.

Gates will open at 10 a.m. Parking will be $5 at specific garages and can be purchased ahead of time or on site on the day of game.

Concessions will also be available, and there will be a Fan Fest before and after the scrimmage, including autograph and photo opportunities with student-athletes.

// THE SATTERFIELD ERA BEGINS
Cincinnati head coach Scott Satterfield begins his first season at the helm of the Bearcats. UC returns a pair of All-Americans in Associated Press third-team honorees defensive tackle Dontay Corleone and punter Mason Fletcher.

Satterfield brings a high-powered, balanced offense to Clifton Heights. Each season, his Louisville teams averaged more than 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing – the only program in the country to accomplish that feat.

The Bearcats return five starters on defense, including Corleone and 2022 All-AAC First Team defensive tackle Jowon Briggs.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/2/27/ci...il-15.aspx

02-28-2023 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: UC Football Spring game
This one will be interesting to me to see the new guys on the roster, position battles and to see how much of their scheme the new staff has integrated to date.

02-28-2023 10:03 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-28-2023 10:03 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  This one will be interesting to me to see the new guys on the roster, position battles and to see how much of their scheme the new staff has integrated to date.

Agreed. And I never particularly cared for the way Fickell and his staff handled the "Spring Game" rules as it seemed more of just a free form practice session than a game where we got a preview of what starters could actually do on offense and defense.

Interest in April football at UC has increased dramatically but I'd still love to see more people in Nippert to preview the coming B12 season which will be just a very short five months from April.

02-28-2023 10:13 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(02-28-2023 10:03 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  This one will be interesting to me to see the new guys on the roster, position battles and to see how much of their scheme the new staff has integrated to date.

Yep...I'm very intrigued by both the RB room and how the OL will be reorganized, both moreso than the lingering QB battle.

02-28-2023 03:22 PM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Just please God let's not go through another extended QB competition.

02-28-2023 03:40 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(02-28-2023 03:40 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  Just please God let's not go through another extended QB competition.

I doubt that'll happen. Emory Jones wouldn't transfer here if it wasn't generally assumed he was the starter. Bryant likely won't be able to practice until August, so I doubt he'll be up for the task unless something crazy changes, and Prater kind of showed why he won't be up at the top of the list last year. Lichtenberg could surprise some people with his arm talent, but I don't know that he is the athlete that Satterfield generally wants in his offense, and Drogosh is likely too raw to make much noise this year.

02-28-2023 04:00 PM
Advertisement

Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-28-2023 04:00 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(02-28-2023 03:40 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  Just please God let's not go through another extended QB competition.

I doubt that'll happen. Emory Jones wouldn't transfer here if it wasn't generally assumed he was the starter. Bryant likely won't be able to practice until August, so I doubt he'll be up for the task unless something crazy changes, and Prater kind of showed why he won't be up at the top of the list last year. Lichtenberg could surprise some people with his arm talent, but I don't know that he is the athlete that Satterfield generally wants in his offense, and Drogosh is likely too raw to make much noise this year.

Let me re-phrase that. I hope that Jones comes in and establishes himself quickly that he is the unquestioned and obvious starter. I don't want to hear another year of whining from the EP crowd claiming he isn't given a chance.

02-28-2023 06:49 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2023 06:49 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  

Let me re-phrase that. I hope that Jones comes in and establishes himself quickly that he is the unquestioned and obvious starter. I don't want to hear another year of whining from the EP crowd claiming he isn't given a chance.

If Jones emerges as the starter early on I do think it bodes well for the team. There are so many other wrinkles to iron out with changes in personnel and schemes it's hard to imagine what we'll see this year. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get a decent product on the field though. Six wins and a Big 12 bowl could be very satisfying in the inaugural season.

03-01-2023 08:53 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

Brady L. could very well be a Brock Domann type QB in this scheme if Jones does not win the job. He started three games last years for Louisville when Cunningham went down and got snaps at other points in the season when Cunningham struggled.

03-01-2023 09:05 AM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
(03-01-2023 08:53 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(02-28-2023 06:49 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  

If Jones emerges as the starter early on I do think it bodes well for the team. There are so many other wrinkles to iron out with changes in personnel and schemes it's hard to imagine what we'll see this year. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get a decent product on the field though. Six wins and a Big 12 bowl could be very satisfying in the inaugural season.

My minimum expectation for a successful inaugural year plus a win against Oklahoma or Baylor at home to get the fans pumped.

First season in second rated conference last year, new staff, coaching turnover just as guys were getting to know their coaches (bad thing for team but good thing NFL and other big time programs wanted some of our coaches), and so many new players to justify an 8-9 win minimum expectation next year.

Hoping to catch the spring game but it will come down to busy or not that Saturday/weekend. Haven’t checked my calendar.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023 11:32 AM by natibeast2.0.)
03-01-2023 11:30 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
We need some transfers OUT and other transfers in after the winter practices and spring game.

Especially the OUT.

03-01-2023 11:01 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(03-01-2023 11:01 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  We need some transfers OUT and other transfers in after the winter practices and spring game.

Especially the OUT.

The biggest needs IN on offense are at OT and at WR. On defense they need some guys in the secondary.

03-02-2023 09:27 AM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Interesting that Ben Bryant is expected to be 100% after spring break.

03-03-2023 09:57 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Oh man Free Prater heads will explode if BB wins the starting gig.

03-03-2023 11:36 AM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(03-01-2023 11:01 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  We need some transfers OUT and other transfers in after the winter practices and spring game.

Especially the OUT.

Out? Who?

03-03-2023 11:41 AM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
(03-03-2023 11:36 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Oh man Free Prater heads will explode if BB wins the starting gig.

From what I’ve seen the two main priorities at QB are for the new coaches:
1) Decision Making
2) Throwing Mechanics

…then athleticism (seems to be higher on their list but apparently not an issue as long as they can move around in the pocket), arm power, and size all play a factor.

Take that for whatever one thinks.

03-03-2023 12:31 PM
Advertisement

Z-Fly Offline
1st String

(03-03-2023 11:36 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Oh man Free Prater heads will explode if BB wins the starting gig.

I'm team Ben. I think he was dealt a bad hand last year. The O-Line was trash. Only so much he could do.

03-03-2023 03:00 PM
Hemond Offline
2nd String

I hope the Bearcats have a great season!

03-03-2023 03:53 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
I was going to put this in the Bearcats in the NFL thread but technically that would be premature so I'll just put it here:

[Image: FqVpK3PWIAIDZpu?format=jpg&name=900x900]

03-03-2023 10:32 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
That's just from the last 2 months?

UC should open a new revenue stream of letting public buy in for high $$ training. Lol

03-04-2023 12:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.