Season starts tonight!
02-17-2023 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
RE: Baseball @ Mercer
I'm optimistic. Need to get some runs. Pitching should be pretty good this season.
02-17-2023 05:46 PM
Zorch Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
Tribe lose 9-8. It was 9-1 going into our last inning so the Tribe made a spirited comeback. Carter Lovasz started and pitched 4 great innings, giving up only 1 unearned run. Middle relief didn’t get the job done.
02-18-2023 12:34 AM
Advertisement

Sitting bull Offline
All American

Tribe wins game two, 6-2.

Now 1-1. Rubber game tomorrow.
02-18-2023 06:01 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

Pitching was outstanding today. One earned run and 14 Ks across three guys. Remember that McRae is going to only let his pitchers go 2 or 3 times through the lineup. Grad transfer from Fordham (Wall) looks like a good add.
02-18-2023 06:45 PM
Advertisement

Zorch Offline
All American

(02-18-2023 06:45 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Pitching was outstanding today. One earned run and 14 Ks across three guys. Remember that McRae is going to only let his pitchers go 2 or 3 times through the lineup. Grad transfer from Fordham (Wall) looks like a good add.

Don't get me started on this again, like last year. I refrained from commenting on it after game 1 except to note that the starter pitched great and the middle relief did not. So, apparently, there will be games like yesterday where the relief blows it and games like today where they do the job. I guess our final season results depend solely on which of the two results happens more often. Obviously, if McRae is going to use this approach then I hope that he is successful with it....but I remain dubious until proven otherwise.
02-18-2023 06:56 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

Zorch, keep an eye on it. We had a huge improvement with this method last season, and I expect it to translate to this season.
02-18-2023 07:03 PM
Advertisement

Zorch Offline
All American

(02-18-2023 07:03 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Zorch, keep an eye on it. We had a huge improvement with this method last season, and I expect it to translate to this season.

I'm not sure that last season's improvement was due mostly to this or whether just changing the coach/culture or just having a few hitters mature (like delosSantos) was the cause. I'll definitely keep an eye on it and if McRae leads the Tribe to the NCAAs using this method then I'll be first to post a message congratulating him!
02-18-2023 07:13 PM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

I Root For: William & Mary
Mercer was a 40 win team last season, they're certainly no slouch.
02-18-2023 07:48 PM
Advertisement

Tribe32 Offline
All American

(02-18-2023 07:13 PM)Zorch Wrote:  
(02-18-2023 07:03 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Zorch, keep an eye on it. We had a huge improvement with this method last season, and I expect it to translate to this season.

I'm not sure that last season's improvement was due mostly to this or whether just changing the coach/culture or just having a few hitters mature (like delosSantos) was the cause. I'll definitely keep an eye on it and if McRae leads the Tribe to the NCAAs using this method then I'll be first to post a message congratulating him!

Zorch, chill out. Wait until McRae gets his own recruits on the roster also. He definitely improved both the pitching and the hitting last season. If he wasn't resonposible for it then we have a miracle on our hands.
02-18-2023 08:04 PM
Zorch Offline
All American

(02-18-2023 08:04 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  
(02-18-2023 07:13 PM)Zorch Wrote:  

Zorch, chill out. Wait until McRae gets his own recruits on the roster also. He definitely improved both the pitching and the hitting last season. If he wasn't resonposible for it then we have a miracle on our hands.

Chill out?? I never said McRae wasn’t responsible for the improvement; I said that I didn’t think that his pitching methodology was most responsible. I did say that the change in culture and the maturation of certain hitters was at least as much responsible as the pitching. So read my posts more carefully before you tell me to chill out. By the way, McRae wouldn’t even be using this pitching approach if he had All-Americans on the roster…so it is not the 4-inning approach that is great…only that he thinks it works best for the caliber of pitcher that he has.
02-19-2023 12:47 AM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

I Root For: William & Mary
Lost the 3rd game 4-5 in extra innings. 1-2 on the series, but a positive run differential, at least?

Mercer is a good team, so a win and two close losses isn't the worst outcome.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2023 04:21 PM by TDenverFan.)
02-19-2023 04:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.