Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: @ Western Carolina
Date: February 15th, 2023

Time: 7:00 PM

Opponent: Western Carolina (14-13, 7-7 SoCon)

Place: Ramsey Center (7,826)

Television: none

Webcast: ESPN+

Radio online: 640WXSM.com

WCU 2022-2023 Schedule

WCU 2022-2023 Roster

WCU Message Board
02-13-2023 12:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Official Game Thread: @ Western Carolina
This game has generated a ton of interest.

Picking the Bucs to win on the road (even though we know how hard that is).
02-15-2023 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
buc nekkid Offline
Water Engineer

Really need this one and the citadel at home just stay out of that Friday game in Asheville
02-15-2023 06:57 PM
buc nekkid Offline
Water Engineer

can anyone tell me why we continue to have Seymour out on the perimeter for anything? He can't crash the offensive boards from out there and with him and Strothers both in the game you're essentially letting the defense play 3–5 how many games does this coaching staff have to have before they figure the most elementary things out?
02-15-2023 07:12 PM
BigIslandBuc Offline
Special Teams

I don't think that I have ever seen a coach who appears to be so uninterested in the game he is supposedly a part of. He sits with his chin in his hand and occasionally makes a comment to one of his assistants. He has no response to either good or bad play. A moment ago Tipler stole the ball and scored and there was no response at all. Puzzling.
02-15-2023 07:21 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
The last time WCU swept the season series was 1984-85.
02-15-2023 08:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

islandpark Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: etsu
(02-15-2023 07:21 PM)BigIslandBuc Wrote:  I don't think that I have ever seen a coach who appears to be so uninterested in the game he is supposedly a part of. He sits with his chin in his hand and occasionally makes a comment to one of his assistants. He has no response to either good or bad play. A moment ago Tipler stole the ball and scored and there was no response at all. Puzzling.

Must of heard you, he is up. Now he is down. Got to be careful and not get a technical.
02-15-2023 08:33 PM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
So far, as in last game...a lack of effort.
02-15-2023 08:37 PM
buc nekkid Offline
Water Engineer

it feels like just about every team we play is physically stronger physically tougher and physically more aggressive than us Oliver has either been told he's not coming back or he's been told you've got one more year and he knows he's getting rid of half of this bunch because he looks completely disinterested in this team
02-15-2023 08:39 PM
JWBUC Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
As usual we can’t make a game winning bucket
02-15-2023 09:02 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Swept by Western. LMAO
02-15-2023 09:05 PM
Advertisement

JWBUC Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(02-15-2023 09:05 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Swept by Western. LMAO

Apocalyptic lol.
02-15-2023 09:13 PM
DaBuc Brass Offline
2nd String

(02-15-2023 07:12 PM)buc nekkid Wrote:  can anyone tell me why we continue to have Seymour out on the perimeter for anything? He can't crash the offensive boards from out there and with him and Strothers both in the game you're essentially letting the defense play 3–5 how many games does this coaching staff have to have before they figure the most elementary things out?
Makes no sense! Also, why is he in the game with over 8 minutes to go and 4 fouls? Oliver is clueless as a head coach! Saw a possession where we threw 1 pass to Ilic on the top of the key, and he shoots a 3. Not even 5 seconds off the shot clock, and that was our possession?! This staff is a joke!
02-15-2023 09:22 PM
BucFan1244 Offline
Special Teams

NMSU is having a better year than us. Oooofff

Oliver really doesn't seem like the guy you want on the sidelines... or talking to reporters... or anywhere near an athletic program that he is supposed to be leading...

Sent from my SM-G996U using CSNbbs mobile app
02-15-2023 09:23 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
I understand some fans want to give Oliver the benefit of the doubt and that is fine. But you can’t use the excuse about coaching these days being hard and blah blah blah when we have every advantage over Western Carolina AND THEY HAVE A NEW COACH TOO, and get swept by them for the first time since 1984.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2023 09:31 PM by ETSUfan1.)
02-15-2023 09:30 PM
MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

I’m not sure ETSU can afford to fire Oliver and pay him for 3 years (thanks again Scott for your excellent handling of contracts) but they can’t afford to allow this train wreck to keep going either.

I predicted in December that we might not hit 10 D1 wins this year. With only 3 games remaining it’s pretty much a certainty that we won’t.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2023 09:38 PM by MTBuc.)
02-15-2023 09:32 PM
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(02-15-2023 09:32 PM)MTBuc Wrote:  I’m not sure ETSU can afford to fire Oliver and pay him for 3 years (thanks again Scott for your excellent handling of contracts) but they can’t afford to allow this train wreck to keep going either.

Cannot afford not to.
02-15-2023 09:37 PM
bucs77 Offline
Special Teams

(02-15-2023 09:32 PM)MTBuc Wrote:  I’m not sure ETSU can afford to fire Oliver and pay him for 3 years (thanks again Scott for your excellent handling of contracts) but they can’t afford to allow this train wreck to keep going either.

I predicted in December that we might not hit 10 D1 wins this year. With only 3 games remaining it’s pretty much a certainty that we won’t.

I believe the actual contract states he would just be paid a one time amount that goes down each season.
02-15-2023 09:43 PM
MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

(02-15-2023 09:43 PM)bucs77 Wrote:  

I believe the actual contract states he would just be paid a one time amount that goes down each season.
I hope that’s the case because I can’t objectively see anything that suggests he can run a program or manage a game. As bad as this year has been it still might not be his basement.
02-15-2023 09:51 PM
buc nekkid Offline
Water Engineer

here is just an example of why I think this team is unprepared and poorly coached ...late in the game I guess when we were down four points we set up a two-man game with King handling the ball on the perimeter getting it inside to Haynes in the post which was a smart thing to do but we had another guard harrison over there on the same side of the court basically just up from the corner how do you clear out and play a two-man game with three men standing there in one close triangle that just makes it a given and super easy for them to double team haynes in the post and I have no problem with Seymour not being a great three-point shooter because he's really a postbplayer but what has Strothers been doing for the last two years that his shot is no better than it is? Has he not worked on it at all in two years or is it a case of the coaching staff not spending the time in the off-season doing individual drills and workouts with them when and if they can?
02-15-2023 09:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.