Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TENN. STATE
semosupporter Online
2nd String

I Root For: Southeast Missouri St.
TENN. STATE
Opening line: SEMO -1 total:157

If we want the game Saturday against Morehead to have meaning we must win this one. That means not going brain dead for 5 or 10 minute stretches on defense like we have in most games this year. 100% FOR 40 MINUTES.
02-08-2023 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AlwaysSEMO Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Southeast Missouri State
RE: TENN. STATE
When this team plays together as a unit they can play with anyone. I think I saw on here somewhere that they play one of two ways. They either get out and get a big lead and then let the other team back in the game. Or they allow the other team to get a big lead, fight their way back and make it a close game. It would be nice get off to a start fast and then keep their foot on the gas and get a killer attitude that says we are not going to lose this game nor let the other team get close to us. Go SEMO
02-09-2023 11:08 AM
Myers Hall Zuke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SEMO and Mizzou
I feel like Larson, Smart and Branson are all a little more hesitant to take shots early on in the game. Its like they are waiting for Russell, Harris or Barnes to get going and then they will contribute once the team is rolling. I haven't really looked at anything to make sure this is statistically true but I feel like the games where one or two of those guys hit shots early on are the games we really rolled. I don't feel like going back and checking to see if this is correct but in my head I feel like its true.
02-09-2023 04:21 PM
Captain Jackass Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SEMO
Ok man, some of these fouls...
02-09-2023 10:28 PM
semosupporter Online
2nd String

The worst half of foul calling I've seen this year. 4 tech. fouls called and a total of 26 fouls called. Let the damn players play and decide the game not the refs.
02-09-2023 10:43 PM
Captain Jackass Offline
Water Engineer

The refs completely created this situation tonight. This is on them.
02-09-2023 11:30 PM
Advertisement

semosupporter Online
2nd String

This has to go down as the worst officiated game in the history of the NCAA. 54 personal fouls and "11" technical fouls called. 4 SEMO starters fouled out along with 1 from TSU. Not saying SEMO deserved to win because they didn't. Once more NO DEFENSIVE INTENSETY. Along with that their offense left them tonight. This team needs to decide if they really want to win the OVC or not. It's one thing to want to win and something else to actually do something about it.
02-10-2023 12:33 AM
arich35 Online
Bench Warmer

What a **** show of a game. Refs to defense to shooting, all just awful
02-10-2023 01:02 AM
semosupporter Online
2nd String

After thinking about it over night I just don't think this team is capable of putting out the effort it takes to play solid defense for 40 minutes. Good defense is like good rebounding. It requires two things. Want to and heart. While this team might have the want to (in their head) they just don't have the heart. Only one player on this team has what it take to play solid defense (for 40 minutes) and good rebounding and that's Kobi Clark. Sorry to say he's out for the year. What does everyone else think? Come on, I know you have an opinion.
02-10-2023 10:21 AM
Captain Jackass Offline
Water Engineer

My take is that they can't summon the intestinal fortitude needed to overcome bad offense. Then, when they get rattled by a few 3 point shots they'll force offense too hard, slipping out of their sets, which gifts the opponent a few turnovers, and bang, we're in come-from-behindsville.
02-10-2023 03:31 PM
redmyers Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Semo, Mizzou
Some of y'all over think these things. Got nothing to do with heart or determination most of the time - some guys just aren't as good as the opposing player. We're definitely good enough to win games, alot of OVC games even, but not good enough to win every game. Nothing more than that. We might be the least overall athletic team in the league, and that shows defensively moreso than anywhere else.

We lack consistency shooting the ball (but when we are on, we can flat go), we lack a secondary ball handler and playmaker to relieve pressure off of Russell, we lack the ability to create our own shot (save for Russell) and get into the lane, we lack a rebounding presence due to lack of athleticism (not because of heart or determination, Branson is playing out of position due to Kobie's injury and we have no solid 4 man defensively as a result), and we lack the ability to defend the perimeter (mainly because we are a much slower and less athletic team overall than the past couple of years).

Lack of athleticism overall is what is mainly hurting our defense - other teams are faster and more athletic, and that causes us problems no matter how hard we are playing.

If the rumors of a couple of specific transfers are true though, the athleticism aspect won't be an issue next year 04-rock
02-10-2023 04:32 PM
Advertisement

Captain Jackass Offline
Water Engineer

What else is this site for than to overthink things?
02-10-2023 05:37 PM
arich35 Online
Bench Warmer

(02-10-2023 04:32 PM)redmyers Wrote:  Some of y'all over think these things. Got nothing to do with heart or determination most of the time - some guys just aren't as good as the opposing player. We're definitely good enough to win games, alot of OVC games even, but not good enough to win every game. Nothing more than that. We might be the least overall athletic team in the league, and that shows defensively moreso than anywhere else.

We lack consistency shooting the ball (but when we are on, we can flat go), we lack a secondary ball handler and playmaker to relieve pressure off of Russell, we lack the ability to create our own shot (save for Russell) and get into the lane, we lack a rebounding presence due to lack of athleticism (not because of heart or determination, Branson is playing out of position due to Kobie's injury and we have no solid 4 man defensively as a result), and we lack the ability to defend the perimeter (mainly because we are a much slower and less athletic team overall than the past couple of years).

Lack of athleticism overall is what is mainly hurting our defense - other teams are faster and more athletic, and that causes us problems no matter how hard we are playing.

If the rumors of a couple of specific transfers are true though, the athleticism aspect won't be an issue next year 04-rock

I like me some rumors, where can I find them?
02-10-2023 07:15 PM
boomerang Offline
Water Engineer

(02-10-2023 07:15 PM)arich35 Wrote:  
(02-10-2023 04:32 PM)redmyers Wrote:  Some of y'all over think these things. Got nothing to do with heart or determination most of the time - some guys just aren't as good as the opposing player. We're definitely good enough to win games, alot of OVC games even, but not good enough to win every game. Nothing more than that. We might be the least overall athletic team in the league, and that shows defensively moreso than anywhere else.

I like me some rumors, where can I find them?

If it's from PatK, it's most likely from the StL AAU scene.
02-11-2023 08:13 PM
RankinEllis Offline
Water Engineer

Is Braxton Stacker one of those rumored names?
02-12-2023 04:33 PM
redmyers Offline
Water Engineer

(02-12-2023 04:33 PM)RankinEllis Wrote:  Is Braxton Stacker one of those rumored names?

No
02-13-2023 09:18 AM
Advertisement

redmyers Offline
Water Engineer

(02-13-2023 09:18 AM)redmyers Wrote:  
(02-12-2023 04:33 PM)RankinEllis Wrote:  Is Braxton Stacker one of those rumored names?

No

But I've been wrong before 05-footinmouth
05-02-2023 11:49 AM
RankinEllis Offline
Water Engineer

(05-02-2023 11:49 AM)redmyers Wrote:  
(02-13-2023 09:18 AM)redmyers Wrote:  

No

But I've been wrong before 05-footinmouth

Does this mean you've heard something recently?
05-04-2023 09:10 AM
boomerang Offline
Water Engineer

I'm sure it won't be the last time red (aka PatK) is wrong lol

j/k red :)
05-04-2023 10:06 AM
redmyers Offline
Water Engineer

(05-04-2023 10:06 AM)boomerang Wrote:  I'm sure it won't be the last time red (aka PatK) is wrong lol

j/k red :)

Haha, yeah, I missed on this one big time. Neither of the two that I had heard were coming are, but now rumors of Stracker coming are pretty solid.
05-04-2023 12:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.