Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RayJ Dennis Balling!
Bookmark and Share
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RayJ Dennis Balling!
While a lot of people thought that Toledo would take a dip this year after Star Guard Ryan Rollins left early for the NBA, Toledo is averaging over 85 points per game which is 3rd nationally. While a lot of that production comes from the fact that Toledo is the most balanced offensive team in the league along with Ball St, the other factor is the outstanding play of Junior Point Guard RayJ Dennis. He is currently the only player in the nation averaging 19ppg., 6 assists per game, and 4 rebounds per game. On top of that, he is third in the nation in Assist to Turnover Ratio at 3.2. If the Rockets snap their 40+ year NCAA Tournament drought in Cleveland next month, Dennis will be a main reason for it!
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2023 10:05 PM by Basketball Jones.)
02-06-2023 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: RayJ Dennis Balling!
(02-06-2023 10:01 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  While a lot of people thought that Toledo would take a dip this year after Star Guard Ryan Rollins left early for the NBA, Toledo is averaging over 85 points per game which is 3rd nationally. While a lot of that production comes from the fact that Toledo is the most balanced offensive team in the league along with Ball St, the other factor is the outstanding play of Junior Point Guard RayJ Dennis. He is currently the only player in the nation averaging 19ppg., 6 assists per game, and 4 rebounds per game. On top of that, he is third in the nation in Assist to Turnover Ratio at 3.2. If the Rockets snap their 40+ year NCAA Tournament drought in Cleveland next month, Dennis will be a main reason for it!

He seems like a great kid. Unfortunately, he broke my heart in the last week. I don't like Sincere Carry but he clearly out-performed Dennis in the MACC game.

Then last night, against U-M, Toledo was on a great run to catch up down just 69-72. Big players, make Big shots at Big times. Ray J had a wide-open look from the top of the key to tie the game and clanked it, game over. Not POY material.
03-16-2023 05:51 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(03-16-2023 05:51 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(02-06-2023 10:01 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  While a lot of people thought that Toledo would take a dip this year after Star Guard Ryan Rollins left early for the NBA, Toledo is averaging over 85 points per game which is 3rd nationally. While a lot of that production comes from the fact that Toledo is the most balanced offensive team in the league along with Ball St, the other factor is the outstanding play of Junior Point Guard RayJ Dennis. He is currently the only player in the nation averaging 19ppg., 6 assists per game, and 4 rebounds per game. On top of that, he is third in the nation in Assist to Turnover Ratio at 3.2. If the Rockets snap their 40+ year NCAA Tournament drought in Cleveland next month, Dennis will be a main reason for it!

He seems like a great kid. Unfortunately, he broke my heart in the last week. I don't like Sincere Carry but he clearly out-performed Dennis in the MACC game.

Then last night, against U-M, Toledo was on a great run to catch up down just 69-72. Big players, make Big shots at Big times. Ray J had a wide-open look from the top of the key to tie the game and clanked it, game over. Not POY material.

Stop it... he had way better stats than Carry over the course of the season. Beat Sincere in 7 of 9 categories, and Sincere shot an abysmal 30% from three. Toledo lost to Kent because JT Shumate was shut down. 1st team all MAC had 5 shots. That's Kent's defense for ya. Ya Don't judge POY on one game. He was still All tourney team and scored 25 vs Kent 03-lmfao
03-16-2023 05:55 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Not gonna lie, those MVP chants from the Kent faithful at the end of the title game made that loss even worse to swallow. RayJ had an uncharacteristic game against Michigan, had he been on, UT wins that game.
03-16-2023 07:25 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(03-16-2023 07:25 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Not gonna lie, those MVP chants from the Kent faithful at the end of the title game made that loss even worse to swallow. RayJ had an uncharacteristic game against Michigan, had he been on, UT wins that game.

Edey will get the same chants when he scores 30 in a Purdue loss in the big dance. There's only so much you can do. Good defensive teams usually let one player hurt them and lock down the rest. It's a game within the game. RayJ isn't the reason for many losses and the reason for PLENTY of wins. Carry got the best of him in 2 home games. Oh well. Carry won it last year.
03-16-2023 07:44 PM
Advertisement

Old Man Flash Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State
(03-16-2023 05:55 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Stop it... he had way better stats than Carry over the course of the season. Beat Sincere in 7 of 9 categories, and Sincere shot an abysmal 30% from three. Toledo lost to Kent because JT Shumate was shut down. 1st team all MAC had 5 shots. That's Kent's defense for ya. Ya Don't judge POY on one game. He was still All tourney team and scored 25 vs Kent 03-lmfao

I agree with you and I’m a Kent fan. Watched every game Sin has played at KSU. Dennis deserved the POY award over Carry TY. Until the last few weeks Sin’s 3pt shooting was horrible. That said, Sin is a tremendous defender as well.

I thought the POY race came down to Dennis and Freeman at Akron. One can certainly make a strong case for Freeman. I’ll be surprised if Freeman doesn’t win it next season.
03-16-2023 07:46 PM
kreed5120 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron
Carry really turned it on around the beginning of March. Had he played like that the entire season then sure the case could be made that he should be POY. Instead he spent most of the year being a terrific defender, but a fairly inefficient scorer.

I'm not sure why he struggled so much earlier in the year, but if he keeps playing the way he has, Kent is a very dangerous team.
03-16-2023 10:23 PM
Steve1981 Online
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Teams depend most on PG play. Hope you guys can reload the position. We have an issue as well with Noah Fernandes going to the portal. Don't think he meshed well with the coach and chose to say was still injured and played 11 games.

Much better situation for Toledo. It's a positive reason to lose your PG, because he is going pro.
03-17-2023 09:00 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
(03-16-2023 05:55 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

He is a very good player, but he did not show as spectacular in the two biggest games of the season. 25 points vs Kent does not thrill me when you jack the ball up 26 times. Millner, on the other hand, really shined on the big stage.
03-17-2023 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.