Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

skelly stadium facelift
Jesterondirt Offline
Real racing happens on dirt!

I Root For: GoldenHurricane
skelly stadium facelift
was wandering if anyone has heard anything about the construction being done at skelly stadium, i know that an athletic complex is being put in, just wandering what else will be added(new bleachers,big screen,press boxes??)
12-09-2005 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

First the end zone building, which has been delayed due to the gulf coast hurricanes. They were struggling to get materials when there are obviously people who need them more. However, I think they are working on it again (I'm 4000 miles away, so I'm not 100% sure).
12-10-2005 05:04 AM
Jesterondirt Offline

wow!!! 4000 miles away. military?
12-12-2005 07:44 PM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

bleed blue and gold Wrote:wow!!! 4000 miles away. military?

Nah... husband is a basketball player. 03-wink
12-13-2005 04:01 AM
richardm Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

That's one long rebound!

(Hope he's doing well.)
12-13-2005 05:56 AM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

That's no rebound! That's his shot!

Things are going well. He's generally kicking butt in his own quiet way. The fans and management love him...go figure. LOL! The link below is to a video of him that aired on local and regional tv. It's in French, but it's still nice. :)

http://www.deltafm.fr/videos.asp?id=1147
12-13-2005 06:09 AM
Jesterondirt Offline

well good luck to him. how is the team doing this season
12-13-2005 07:33 PM
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Work should start on the end zone building in January. They signed a contractor to do that building and another building on campus at the same time, which saved enough $$$ to offset the increased cost of materials.
12-13-2005 09:49 PM
KTulsafan Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Re: skelly stadium facelift
bleed blue and gold Wrote:was wandering if anyone has heard anything about the construction being done at skelly stadium, i know that an athletic complex is being put in, just wandering what else will be added(new bleachers,big screen,press boxes??)

There are reports in the Tulsa World of further work planned on the stadium. Skelly Stadium is 75 years old and desperately needs updating of bathrooms, concessions, and a new facade on the West Stands. Also, since the North End Zone stands (5000 seats) were torn down to make room for the new facility, it is expected that the South end zone will be bowled in to complete a "U" on the South end. Specific plans or timing are not available. Since Tulsa is a private school, they have to raise money to finance the project. Also, TU is traditionally very quiet abouth this type of activity.
01-08-2006 03:23 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

i've always liked the idea of bowling the south endzone to give it that old feeling.
02-02-2006 03:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.