Open TigerLinks

NTR: Briarcrest $12,800,000 Athletic Complex upgrade
Bookmark and Share
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Toungue NTR: Briarcrest $12,800,000 Athletic Complex upgrade
$11,000,000 in the bank.

It took us a decade to get $10,000,000 for ours. Not sure where we are with our next phase. Anyone seen anything?

Briarcrest-
Swatley explained the building — set to start construction in February and take 12 to 14 months to complete — should include a new weight room; a 100-seat, theater-style meeting room; a training room where athletes are able to do rehab instead of going off campus; new locker rooms for the girls’ lacrosse, softball, and track teams; a student lounge and study space; and a nutrition bar and recovery area.
In addition, Swatley said that the final phase involves constructing a covered, 70-yard artificial turf practice field to be used by its various athletic teams. The practice field would adjoin the school's athletic training and development center.
“This will be a multipurpose [field] that will be used by all our athletes — mainly geared toward high school and then middle school,” she said. “That particular phase will not start until we've completed our capita
l campaign.”

Student-athlete development

According to Swatley, Briarcrest has been in the planning stages for these athletics-related projects for more than a year.
Matt Saunders, athletic director for Briarcrest, is excited about how the projects will make a difference on athletics at the school from junior kindergarten up to high school seniors.
“It’s going to promote what we believe is the highest standard of developing our student-athletes, which is on and off the field,” Saunders said. “It covers bases from elementary, middle, and high schools. That is what we think is so unique about this. [It] isn’t just a capital campaign of $12.8 million that is focusing solely on high school; it’s also covering the male and female sports.”

Swatley said Briarcrest looks to place its student-athletes in the best position possible to flourish in the classroom and within athletics as it grows. Briarcrest saw student enrollment increase from 1,660 for the 2021-2022 school year to 1,750 this year, according to MBJ research.
“At Briarcrest, we have invested in not only athletics, but we have invested in academics, fine arts, and most importantly, the spiritual growth of our students," she said. "These types of projects allow us to serve our current families with a more robust offering as well as attract prospective families.”
02-02-2023 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

I Root For: Truffles
RE: NTR: Briarcrest $12,800,000 Athletic Complex upgrade
(02-02-2023 05:24 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  $11,000,000 in the bank.

It took us a decade to get $10,000,000 for ours. Not sure where we are with our next phase. Anyone seen anything?

Briarcrest-
Swatley explained the building — set to start construction in February and take 12 to 14 months to complete — should include a new weight room; a 100-seat, theater-style meeting room; a training room where athletes are able to do rehab instead of going off campus; new locker rooms for the girls’ lacrosse, softball, and track teams; a student lounge and study space; and a nutrition bar and recovery area.
In addition, Swatley said that the final phase involves constructing a covered, 70-yard artificial turf practice field to be used by its various athletic teams. The practice field would adjoin the school's athletic training and development center.
“This will be a multipurpose [field] that will be used by all our athletes — mainly geared toward high school and then middle school,” she said. “That particular phase will not start until we've completed our capita
l campaign.”

According to Swatley, Briarcrest has been in the planning stages for these athletics-related projects for more than a year.
Matt Saunders, athletic director for Briarcrest, is excited about how the projects will make a difference on athletics at the school from junior kindergarten up to high school seniors.
“It’s going to promote what we believe is the highest standard of developing our student-athletes, which is on and off the field,” Saunders said. “It covers bases from elementary, middle, and high schools. That is what we think is so unique about this. [It] isn’t just a capital campaign of $12.8 million that is focusing solely on high school; it’s also covering the male and female sports.”

Swatley said Briarcrest looks to place its student-athletes in the best position possible to flourish in the classroom and within athletics as it grows. Briarcrest saw student enrollment increase from 1,660 for the 2021-2022 school year to 1,750 this year, according to MBJ research.
“At Briarcrest, we have invested in not only athletics, but we have invested in academics, fine arts, and most importantly, the spiritual growth of our students," she said. "These types of projects allow us to serve our current families with a more robust offering as well as attract prospective families.”

So you're going to compare a private high school that costs $20,000 a year per student to attend, to a public university that costs less than half that to attend full time for two semesters? Second question. Do you believe the University of Memphis can build an OCS for under $13,000,000? You people are something special. Ha ha.
02-02-2023 05:33 PM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
Not another one smh
02-02-2023 05:43 PM
Unbreakable04 Offline
Special Teams

(02-02-2023 05:33 PM)msu35 Wrote:  

Briarcrest-
l campaign.”

So you're going to compare a private high school that costs $20,000 a year per student to attend, to a public university that costs less than half that to attend full time for two semesters? Second question. Do you believe the University of Memphis can build an OCS for under $13,000,000? You people are something special. Ha ha.

Echo.. Echooo.. Echooooo.. Echooooooooooooooo...
02-02-2023 05:47 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

Briarcrest-
l campaign.”

Calm down skippy.
My point was a compliment to Briarcrest.
I am impressed with what they are doing, especially for a school that once was in severe financial jeopardy at one point.
Who said anything about an OCS?
I was asking talking our next phase for the park ave facilities.
Don’t ever lump me in with “you people”. You don’t know me but if you ever want question my support of the university or loyalty I’ll be happy to educate you one-on-one.
02-02-2023 05:56 PM
Advertisement

Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2023 05:47 PM)Unbreakable04 Wrote:  

Briarcrest-
l campaign.”

Not sure what that means?
02-02-2023 05:59 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(02-02-2023 05:56 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

Briarcrest-
l campaign.”

Calm down skippy.
I am impressed with what they are doing, especially for a school that once was in severe financial jeopardy at one point.
Don’t ever lump me in with “you people”. You don’t know me but if you ever want question my support of the university or loyalty I’ll be happy to educate you one-on-one.

I'll lump you into any category I want. If the shoe fits... By the way, you just made it into another one: Internet tough guy. Congrats.

[Image: The-Internet-Funny-Tough-Kid-Image.jpg]
02-02-2023 05:59 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2023 05:43 PM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  Not another one smh

Another what?
02-02-2023 06:00 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(02-02-2023 06:00 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

Another what?

I mentioned this is another thread drawing a similar comparative.
02-02-2023 06:57 PM
Advertisement

Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2023 05:59 PM)msu35 Wrote:  
(02-02-2023 05:33 PM)msu35 Wrote:  [quote='Tigerx3' pid='18757670' dateline='1675376656']
$11,000,000 in the bank.

Briarcrest-
l campaign.”

Calm down skippy.

I'll lump you into any category I want. If the shoe fits... By the way, you just made it into another one: Internet tough guy. Congrats.

[

Funny guy. Can’t have a conversation so throw out insults? My offer stands. I’m happy to share who I am so you don’t have to make up middle school style names.

Ask me a question and happy to answer it.
Want to know my opinion on OCS, I’ll repeat what I’ve said here many times.
If you falsely restate one of my posts I’ll correct it.
02-02-2023 07:10 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2023 06:57 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(02-02-2023 06:00 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

Another what?

I mentioned this is another thread drawing a similar comparative.

Sorry, didn’t see it. Which one?
02-02-2023 07:12 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(02-02-2023 07:10 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  Funny guy. Can’t have a conversation so throw out insults? My offer stands. I’m happy to share who I am so you don’t have to make up middle school style names.

Middle school names? Never called you anything of the sort, and I really don't care what you think about an OCS. Your veiled threats were cute, though. That's about the only thing "middle school" in this exchange.
02-02-2023 07:15 PM
450bench Offline

always hated briarcrest
02-02-2023 07:28 PM
Advertisement

danny1 Offline
All American

(02-02-2023 07:10 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(02-02-2023 05:59 PM)msu35 Wrote:  
(02-02-2023 05:33 PM)msu35 Wrote:  [quote='Tigerx3' pid='18757670' dateline='1675376656']
$11,000,000 in the bank.

Briarcrest-
l campaign.”

Calm down skippy.

[

Funny guy. Can’t have a conversation so throw out insults? My offer stands. I’m happy to share who I am so you don’t have to make up middle school style names.

Looks like a reasonable response to me. I don’t see anything in your response that would earn you the label of “Internet Tough Guy.” Seems to me certain “people” are making something out of nothing- lol!
02-02-2023 07:45 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(02-02-2023 07:45 PM)danny1 Wrote:  Looks like a reasonable response to me. I don’t see anything in your response that would earn you the label of “Internet Tough Guy.” Seems to me certain “people” are making something out of nothing- lol!

Well, some people can't see the obvious...

(02-02-2023 05:56 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  Don’t ever lump me in with “you people”. You don’t know me but if you ever want question my support of the university or loyalty I’ll be happy to educate you one-on-one.
02-02-2023 07:50 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2023 07:50 PM)msu35 Wrote:  
(02-02-2023 07:45 PM)danny1 Wrote:  Looks like a reasonable response to me. I don’t see anything in your response that would earn you the label of “Internet Tough Guy.” Seems to me certain “people” are making something out of nothing- lol!

(02-02-2023 05:56 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  Don’t ever lump me in with “you people”. You don’t know me but if you ever want question my support of the university or loyalty I’ll be happy to educate you one-on-one.

Conversation Not threats. You keep trying to rewrite what I said. Take it PM if you want to continue your silly attempts at instigation. I’m not doing this public anymore. Say what you will.
02-02-2023 11:49 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(02-02-2023 11:49 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(02-02-2023 07:50 PM)msu35 Wrote:  

Conversation Not threats. You keep trying to rewrite what I said. Take it PM if you want to continue your silly attempts at instigation. I’m not doing this public anymore. Say what you will.

You exist in some alternate reality and keep making nonsense fantasy claims. Just like you accused me of calling you "middle school style names" which also never happened. Hint: I never rewrote anything. It's verbatim. That means directly copied from your quote if you don't understand. Stay triggered.
02-03-2023 12:02 AM
Advertisement

Unbreakable04 Offline
Special Teams

(02-02-2023 05:59 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(02-02-2023 05:47 PM)Unbreakable04 Wrote:  

Briarcrest-
l campaign.”

Not sure what that means?

It was directed at the childish poster who you have discovered, msu35, who repetitively comments on every post routinely talking to himself back & forth, trying to denounce everyone he possibly can with his routine clown show.

The echooooooo reference is him talking to himself or commenting countless times on every thread, when no one responds, he picks another poster to shift to. I think he has posted 1,000 times in the past 15 days, it's asinine. Reminds me of the kid in class who would always try to answer every question and think they're really smart, when in actuality, they are not self aware enough to know the whole class cringes every time they would try and show how intelligent they "think" they are and the teacher would roll their eyes.

Not to mention the unsolicited PM's I receive from the poster, for whatever reason. It's truly bizarre.
02-03-2023 09:58 AM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(02-03-2023 09:58 AM)Unbreakable04 Wrote:  It was directed at the childish poster who you have discovered, msu35, who repetitively comments on every post routinely talking to himself back & forth, trying to denounce everyone he possibly can with his routine clown show.

The echooooooo reference is him talking to himself or commenting countless times on every thread, when no one responds, he picks another poster to shift to. I think he has posted 1,000 times in the past 15 days, it's asinine. Reminds me of the kid in class who would always try to answer every question and think they're really smart, when in actuality, they are not self aware enough to know the whole class cringes every time they would try and show how intelligent they "think" they are and the teacher would roll their eyes.

Not to mention the unsolicited PM's I receive from the poster, for whatever reason. It's truly bizarre.

Your feedback says it all:

Quote:Awww, bless your heart. It appears you have a bunch of pent up little dick energy you need to get out. Remember, you are best served to keep that little dick of yours in your mouth.
02-03-2023 02:38 PM
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Wonder if Briarcrest's NIL fund is bigger than ours? 03-lmfao
02-04-2023 08:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.