Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Buffalo and Louisiana schedule series
Bookmark and Share
BeatWestern! Online
All American

I Root For: Central Michigan
Buffalo and Louisiana schedule series
Buffalo and Louisiana have scheduled a home-and-home football series.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/statu...uDz_8sAAAA
02-02-2023 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Buds Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Buffalo and Louisiana schedule series
(02-02-2023 03:04 PM)BeatWestern! Wrote:  Buffalo and Louisiana have scheduled a home-and-home football series.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/statu...uDz_8sAAAA
Cajun Nation is very excited about the match up! NMSU backed out at the 11th hour and forced us to scramble. The last thing we wanted was (2) FCS teams on our schedule so Old Dominion was able to drop their game with Buffalo to help us out. That move also gives ODU an FCS game they didn’t have on their ‘23 schedule. We are very appreciative of Buffalo and ODU’s willingness to compromise. Looking forward to the game!
02-02-2023 05:11 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Fixed on master o-o-c sked. Thanks.
02-02-2023 09:56 PM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
If ULL was scrambling to find an opponent this fall I'm surprised Buffalo didn't insist that they get the 2023 home game instead of waiting until 2030 for the return matchup, but regardless it's a nice home-and-home series to have.
02-03-2023 11:44 AM
astr083 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ohio State & MAC
Why is this a big deal? I can understand a home game against Syracuse, Pittsburgh, or Penn State are exciting enough for Buffalo and would deserve it's own thread, but Louisiana-Lafayette?? Really?
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2023 02:04 PM by astr083.)
02-03-2023 02:03 PM
Advertisement

zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
This thing has been a wild ride. Originally UB and ODU signed a home-and-home for 2020 and 2021. Then Ohio State came along and offered UB $1.8 million for a game in 2020. UB asked ODU to delay the series. ODU would only agree if both games were played in Norfolk. UB figured the guarantee would more than cover the loss of the home game and the expense of going to Norfolk and agreed. The 2020 game was rescheduled for 2023.

That guarantee game versus Ohio State was cancelled because of COVID and the 2021 game was played. And now UB is getting back the home game we lost.
02-03-2023 02:20 PM
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
ULL should be a fun time for Buffalo fans. Enjoy!
05-18-2023 12:05 PM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(02-03-2023 02:03 PM)astr083 Wrote:  Why is this a big deal? I can understand a home game against Syracuse, Pittsburgh, or Penn State are exciting enough for Buffalo and would deserve it's own thread, but Louisiana-Lafayette?? Really?

Terrible take. It's the friggin' offseason. Do you see how slow the MAC page is? This is a solid series and it's interesting how it came about.
05-18-2023 09:17 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
ULL is good, and a early game in Speyember will be blistering and muggy. If I were UB I'd have em come up in November
05-19-2023 01:35 PM
Bronco'14 Online
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Calling someone Louisiana is still strange to me. There’s Louisiana-Lafayette & Louisiana-Monroe

(05-18-2023 09:17 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(02-03-2023 02:03 PM)astr083 Wrote:  Why is this a big deal? I can understand a home game against Syracuse, Pittsburgh, or Penn State are exciting enough for Buffalo and would deserve it's own thread, but Louisiana-Lafayette?? Really?

Terrible take. It's the friggin' offseason. Do you see how slow the MAC page is? This is a solid series and it's interesting how it came about.

Yeah, it's slow as heck. When does sports media start their day-by-day countdown to the #1 team?
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023 02:18 PM by Bronco'14.)
05-19-2023 02:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.