Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Watch For The Light
Bookmark and Share
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Watch For The Light
With the addition of the new GTP Hybrid class, a new variable has been added to the race, electrocution.

IMSA has issued new guidelines for drivers, crews, and course workers.

The Hybrid system has 800 volt motors and if simple guidelines are not followed could result in electrocution.

There is a panel of lights on the outside of the car and if the green light is not lit then touching the car and ground at the same time would send 800 volts through you.

Because of this, electric motors can only be used on the track.

Only the gas engine can be used in the garage area.

In case of crash drivers must open the door stand on the side pod then jump off the car onto the ground if the green light is not lit.

Course workers cannot touch the car without being heavily insulated if the green light is not lit.

I HATE WOKE RACING.

The 24 Hours of Daytona is the biggest sportscar race in the US. Yet it is constantly being beaten in TV ratings almost every year by an indoor midget race on a temporay track in the Tulsa Convention Center.
01-24-2023 05:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

steves Offline
All American

I Root For: DA'TIGS'
RE: Watch For The Light
(01-24-2023 05:23 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  With the addition of the new GTP Hybrid class, a new variable has been added to the race, electrocution.

The Hybrid system has 800 volt motors and if simple guidelines are not followed could result in electrocution.

There is a panel of lights on the outside of the car and if the green light is not lit then touching the car and ground at the same time would send 800 volts through you.

In case of crash drivers must open the door stand on the side pod then jump off the car onto the ground if the green light is not lit.

Course workers cannot touch the car without being heavily insulated if the green light is not lit.

I HATE WOKE RACING.

The 24 Hours of Daytona is the biggest sportscar race in the US. Yet it is constantly being beaten in TV ratings almost every year by an indoor midget race on a temporay track in the Tulsa Convention Center.

I'm not sure how to watch endurance racing. Live must be a MFer !! 07-coffee3
Wish NASCAR would go back to 2 roadcourse races per year. And do it on roadcourses
Not convertd ovals.still dig me some NASCAR RACING. NEED DODGE BACK.HATE ME SOME JAPCRAP OVALS GONNA DO BETTER THIS YEAR...VroomVroom
01-24-2023 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(01-24-2023 10:40 PM)steves Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 05:23 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  With the addition of the new GTP Hybrid class, a new variable has been added to the race, electrocution.

I HATE WOKE RACING.

Wish NASCAR would go back to 2 roadcourse races per year. And do it on roadcourses
Not convertd ovals.still dig me some NASCAR RACING. NEED DODGE BACK.HATE ME SOME JAPCRAP OVALS GONNA DO BETTER THIS YEAR...VroomVroom

Think how much of a fuster cluck the Cup street race in Chicago is going to be.

Don't care for the direction IMSA is headed, but will turn one of my TVs on Peacock and try to watch flag to flag coverage. Doubt I make it .
01-25-2023 10:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JerryJeff Offline
All American

I Root For:

I HATE WOKE RACING.

Watch Formula 1, problem solved.
01-25-2023 10:34 AM
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(01-25-2023 10:34 AM)JerryJeff Wrote:  

I HATE WOKE RACING.

Watch Formula 1, problem solved.

Get enough whining on here.

Never seen whining at that level.

In one race Hamilton spent so much time on the radio complaining about Verstappen exceeding track limits that he fail to pay attention to his own driving and got a warning for exceeding track limits.

The kicker was one race where a crew member gave the car a good luck pat on the nose as he walked off the grid and the team got a pass-through for touching the car within 2 minutes of the parade lap.

Waaaay too much politics.

But i still watch it even though it is not my favorite form of racing.
01-25-2023 06:54 PM
steves Offline
All American

I Root For: DA'TIGS'
Open wheel ... No thanks. I can't even watch Indy car. Funny, I get pissed at Roger Penske for paying more attention to his ICR team than his NASCAR guys.
01-25-2023 07:14 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(01-25-2023 07:14 PM)steves Wrote:  Open wheel ... No thanks. I can't even watch Indy car. Funny, I get pissed at Roger Penske for paying more attention to his ICR team than his NASCAR guys.

Nothing wrong with open-wheel racing as long as they have wings on top and need to be push started.
01-26-2023 12:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.