Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Eric Swalwell Proposes NFL Bet to Ted Cruz. Cruz Fires Right Back.
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Eric Swalwell Proposes NFL Bet to Ted Cruz. Cruz Fires Right Back.
Quote:Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, had an epic response to Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif, Tuesday after the House lawmaker offered a bet to the senator on the Dallas Cowboys-San Francisco 49ers game.

Swalwell wrote in a tweet he was going to propose an “open bet” to Cruz.

“If the @dallascowboys beat the @49ers I won’t tweet for the rest of January. If the @49ers win you can’t tweet for rest of January. How Texan are you, Ted? Deal?” he wrote.

Cruz responded, “How about we bet a Chinese dinner instead?”

The “Chinese dinner” zinger was a reference to a controversy Swalwell got wrapped up in a few years ago with a Chinese national named Fang Fang or Christine Fang.

Intelligence officials told Axios at the time that Fang used campaign fundraising, networking, rallies and romantic relationships with at least two Midwestern mayors to gain proximity to political power.

Fang reportedly took part in fundraising for Swalwell’s 2014 re-election campaign, although she did not make donations nor was there evidence of illegal contributions.

Link
01-20-2023 04:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Eric Swalwell Proposes NFL Bet to Ted Cruz. Cruz Fires Right Back.
03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Cruz does have a pretty good sense of humor. Sarcastic, I like it.

Had he shown more of that and less of the deadly seriousness ALL the time the '16 thing may well have gone his way. Kill them with kindness (and wit).

Wonder where we'd be today had that happened?
01-20-2023 05:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The most intelligent sound ever to come out of Swallwell's body was a fart.
01-20-2023 08:04 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(01-20-2023 08:04 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The most intelligent sound ever to come out of Swallwell's body was a fart.
03-lmfao

I dig Ted and voted for him in the 2016 primary. He's got balls when he's willing to use them.
01-20-2023 08:08 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(01-20-2023 08:08 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(01-20-2023 08:04 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The most intelligent sound ever to come out of Swallwell's body was a fart.
03-lmfao

I dig Ted and voted for him in the 2016 primary. He's got balls when he's willing to use them.

Didn’t he end up following the guy who talked **** about his wife in front of the nation? Are those balls also retractable?
01-21-2023 01:34 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(01-21-2023 01:34 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(01-20-2023 08:08 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
03-lmfao

Didn’t he end up following the guy who talked **** about his wife in front of the nation? Are those balls also retractable?

He did at the time what was right by his country and by his constituents in Texas. Would reacting publicly to the personal insult have made any difference, aside from rewarding Donald Trump for the underhanded behavior and subjecting his own family to even more uncalled-for attention?

I did not support Ted Cruz in the 2016 primaries. And he is not now within the top ten of those I would like to see leading the Republican ticket in 2024. But he has more integrity in his little finger than Donald Trump has in his entire soul.

And far more than most any America-hating Democrat.
01-21-2023 07:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.