Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFP National Championship
Bookmark and Share
ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
TCU getting their ass beat BAD. I thought it would be at least a little competitive...

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk
01-09-2023 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Xeonon Away
1st String

I Root For: jmu
RE: CFP National Championship
Yeah this looks bad against SOS for a 12 team playoff setup.
01-09-2023 09:13 PM
WARDAWG93 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
Josh Newton (former ULM CB) just got beat on that last TD. He fought for it, but in the end gave up the TD. TCU is flat out out-classed.
01-09-2023 09:15 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Said this before and I mean this earnestly and not out of spite, but I don't see why so many people think Texas is some great college football state. It's got 2 P5 programs with monster budgets that never win national titles and all the G5 programs collectively don't really have a whole lot of success to speak of.

There's at least several teams in the southeast that could give UGA a better game than TCU.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023 09:55 PM by EigenEagle.)
01-09-2023 09:54 PM
ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

The over under is 62. Georgia may get that themselves..

01-09-2023 09:55 PM
IslandHerd1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Thundering Herd
(01-09-2023 09:54 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Said this before and I mean this earnestly and not out of spite, but I don't see why so many people think Texas is some great college football state. It's got 2 P5 programs with monster budgets that never win national titles and all the G5 programs collectively don't really have a whole lot of success to speak of.

There's at least several teams in the southeast that could give UGA a better game than TCU.

Kent State gave them a better game.
01-09-2023 10:09 PM
Advertisement

ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

If anything this makes the big 12 look weak as hell and they aren't getting stronger.

01-09-2023 10:21 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
Four team playoff just took a kick to the groin. Awful.
01-09-2023 10:36 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
Man, this is just bad. I normally don't like the idea of holding your offense back to for the good sportsmanship people, but it might be about time to start kneeling the ball.
01-09-2023 10:47 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
I think Herbie just called them Kansas State.
01-09-2023 10:49 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-09-2023 10:21 PM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  If anything this makes the big 12 look weak as hell and they aren't getting stronger.

the bottom line ... TCU couldn't handle the speed and size of Jaw-ja on both sides of the ball ... nobody could this year ... and Bennett proved he's the next Tom Brady/Drew Brees/Steve Young ... what an off-the-chain performance...
01-09-2023 10:51 PM
Advertisement

ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

(01-09-2023 10:36 PM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  Four team playoff just took a kick to the groin. Awful.
They letting freshmen destroy them. Georgia literally covered the over/under on their own.

01-09-2023 10:52 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
Never stopped the clock the last 5 minutes.
01-09-2023 10:56 PM
forphase1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but the problem with a 4 team playoff is situations like this. Sometimes 'deserving' teams get in over 'best' teams. TCU and Michigan both were deserving. But I think if either of them went up against Alabama or Tennessee that 'bama and TN would win 6-7 out of 10 or better. Ohio State was the only team outside of the SEC, in my opinion, that would have held their own against Alabama or Tennessee this year. Once we go to 12, then we will hopefully have a better mix of 'deserving' and 'best'. With unbalanced schedules, not equal conferences, etc etc, this kind of a night can happen. If 3 of the 'best' 4 teams in the country happen to be in the same conference, then often 2 of the best will be left out of a 4 team playoff, which is what happened this year in my opinion. I know others will disagree, and that's part of the fun. My hope is that with going to 12 that sure, we will have some blowouts still, but hopefully by the time we are left with 2 teams playing for the championship, the 'deserving' teams will have been already eliminated and we can be left with 2 of the actual best teams.
01-09-2023 11:19 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(01-09-2023 11:19 PM)forphase1 Wrote:  I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but the problem with a 4 team playoff is situations like this. Sometimes 'deserving' teams get in over 'best' teams. TCU and Michigan both were deserving. But I think if either of them went up against Alabama or Tennessee that 'bama and TN would win 6-7 out of 10 or better. Ohio State was the only team outside of the SEC, in my opinion, that would have held their own against Alabama or Tennessee this year. Once we go to 12, then we will hopefully have a better mix of 'deserving' and 'best'. With unbalanced schedules, not equal conferences, etc etc, this kind of a night can happen. If 3 of the 'best' 4 teams in the country happen to be in the same conference, then often 2 of the best will be left out of a 4 team playoff, which is what happened this year in my opinion. I know others will disagree, and that's part of the fun. My hope is that with going to 12 that sure, we will have some blowouts still, but hopefully by the time we are left with 2 teams playing for the championship, the 'deserving' teams will have been already eliminated and we can be left with 2 of the actual best teams.

it's just a matchup issue. Michigan whipped OSU. Whipped them. TCU beat Mich in a close game. And Georgia/OSU was a close game. They were all pretty evenly matched. TCU just doesn't matchup well with Georgia. That happens. And there's no way to predict that till you play the game. At least they won one game. OSU didn't, again. Mich didn't. Cincy got crushed last year. All of them not only deserved it but were good enough to be there. In the end one team is the winner, every time. They aren't all going to go into overtime. This happens in basketball, too, with a 64 team field. Sometimes the best two teams just don't matchup well.
01-10-2023 12:54 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-10-2023 12:54 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(01-09-2023 11:19 PM)forphase1 Wrote:  I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but the problem with a 4 team playoff is situations like this. Sometimes 'deserving' teams get in over 'best' teams. TCU and Michigan both were deserving. But I think if either of them went up against Alabama or Tennessee that 'bama and TN would win 6-7 out of 10 or better. Ohio State was the only team outside of the SEC, in my opinion, that would have held their own against Alabama or Tennessee this year. Once we go to 12, then we will hopefully have a better mix of 'deserving' and 'best'. With unbalanced schedules, not equal conferences, etc etc, this kind of a night can happen. If 3 of the 'best' 4 teams in the country happen to be in the same conference, then often 2 of the best will be left out of a 4 team playoff, which is what happened this year in my opinion. I know others will disagree, and that's part of the fun. My hope is that with going to 12 that sure, we will have some blowouts still, but hopefully by the time we are left with 2 teams playing for the championship, the 'deserving' teams will have been already eliminated and we can be left with 2 of the actual best teams.

it's just a matchup issue. Michigan whipped OSU. Whipped them. TCU beat Mich in a close game. And Georgia/OSU was a close game. They were all pretty evenly matched. TCU just doesn't matchup well with Georgia. That happens. And there's no way to predict that till you play the game. At least they won one game. OSU didn't, again. Mich didn't. Cincy got crushed last year. All of them not only deserved it but were good enough to be there. In the end one team is the winner, every time. They aren't all going to go into overtime. This happens in basketball, too, with a 64 team field. Sometimes the best two teams just don't matchup well.

that's correct, MUther ... go back to the 80s-90s super bowls ... the majority were decided by 14+ pts...

however, in reality, this proves forphase1's point ... look what has happened to the NFL/MLB since they expanded their respective playoff formats ... it's no longer surprising for a WC to go all the way...

more teams + more surprises = more fan interest

that's a bang-bang winning formula in my book...

that's why ya play the games...
01-10-2023 05:35 AM
Advertisement

Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(01-10-2023 05:35 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(01-10-2023 12:54 AM)MUther Wrote:  

that's correct, MUther ... go back to the 80s-90s super bowls ... the majority were decided by 14+ pts...

however, in reality, this proves forphase1's point ... look what has happened to the NFL/MLB since they expanded their respective playoff formats ... it's no longer surprising for a WC to go all the way...

more teams + more surprises = more fan interest

that's a bang-bang winning formula in my book...

that's why ya play the games...

Stink, did you make a new year's resolution to run your posts through an editor of some sort? I am suddenly finding your messages quite clear, and I'm not sure if it should worry me (for your sake or mine).

I think they're both good takes, honestly. Yeah, you'll never completely get away from the matchup issue, but additional rounds and teams do make it more difficult for a flash in the pan to make it through to the end with a consistently powerful team.
01-10-2023 06:56 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
At least they weren’t both 6-6 right?
01-10-2023 09:02 AM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(01-09-2023 09:54 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Said this before and I mean this earnestly and not out of spite, but I don't see why so many people think Texas is some great college football state. It's got 2 P5 programs with monster budgets that never win national titles and all the G5 programs collectively don't really have a whole lot of success to speak of.

Seriously? That’s your argument?

Texas (along with Florida and Georgia) are defined by their recruiting prospects, not necessarily their teams in any one year. You might want to look at where some of Georgia’s players played their HS FB. You’ll find some Texas kids on their rosters, as you will on many of those SEC teams.
01-10-2023 09:15 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
I didn't watch the game last night.

When TCU played Michigan, it was TCU's night.

The UGA and OSU game, Georgia just couldn't get going and Kirby Smart said as much and acknowledged they needed to play better and tighten up.

It appears it did.

While it was a blow out, I don't suspect anyone was more prepared for a game than Smart's team. You have to think that TCU thought because they handled Michigan with slight ease and UGA struggled with Ohio State, they might've been over confident.
01-10-2023 09:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.