Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump suggests if the GOP does not nominate him he will run as 3rd party candidate
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Trump suggests if the GOP does not nominate him he will run as 3rd party candidate
The idea seems to have garnered support from certain Democrats. Nevertheless The Donald has noted his diminishing popularity among Republicans (in general) and the corresponding DeSantis rise. The Donald floated the idea on Truth Social where he linked an article suggesting the threat. The practical idea?.... if the GOP does not nominate him he should run as a third party candidate in an attempt to prevent anyone from reaching 270 electoral votes and throwing the decision into the House of Representatives. Anyone can see the huge risk this presents to the Republicans and their candidates. Big gamble but of course it's all about The Donald.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-posts-art...te-1770560
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 12:49 PM by TIGERCITY.)
01-01-2023 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: Trump suggests if the GOP does not nominate him he will run as 3rd party candidate
Didn't we just see a poll indicating that he is still the front runner and it aint even close? Uh, yeah, we did.
01-01-2023 01:19 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Trump suggests if the GOP does not nominate him he will run as 3rd party candidate
The last polls I saw that were Head to Head showed DeSantis leading Trump. Of course the bid for the nomination won't *start* with two candidates.... but it may end that way. Depends on what plays out. The point is that as candidates drop away their supporters are more likely to go to DeSantis then Trump. Granted though Trump has a hardcore following and so his threats might work.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 03:41 PM by TIGERCITY.)
01-01-2023 03:39 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(01-01-2023 03:39 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  The last polls I saw that were Head to Head showed DeSantis leading Trump. Of course the bid for the nomination won't *start* with two candidates.... but it may end that way. Depends on what plays out. The point is that as candidates drop away their supporters are more likely to go to DeSantis then Trump. Granted though Trump has a hardcore following and so his threats might work.

Did you pull that poll out of the ass of a lincoln project member? Or maybe BIll Kristol from the National Review? I'm betting it was one of them.
01-01-2023 03:50 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I voted for Trump in 2016 hoping he would burn DC to the ground. Honestly I was disappointed he didn’t screw things up worse. If I thought he would follow the British example of putting that dump to the torch, I would vote for him again.

I want to see someone go to DC and leave it in a pile of ash. The best thing that could happen for freedom loving Americans.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 04:30 PM by CardinalJim.)
01-01-2023 04:29 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(01-01-2023 03:50 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(01-01-2023 03:39 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  The last polls I saw that were Head to Head showed DeSantis leading Trump. Of course the bid for the nomination won't *start* with two candidates.... but it may end that way. Depends on what plays out. The point is that as candidates drop away their supporters are more likely to go to DeSantis then Trump. Granted though Trump has a hardcore following and so his threats might work.

Did you pull that poll out of the ass of a lincoln project member? Or maybe BIll Kristol from the National Review? I'm betting it was one of them.

I am in awe of UStateTechs constant use of somewhat homophobic slurs to seemingly always make his point.
01-01-2023 04:53 PM
Advertisement

Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
I'm voting for Trump in 2024, even if I have to write his name on the ballot. No reasonable person believes Biden got more votes than Obama. Trump never got his second term, so no other GOP nominee will receive my vote for president. I will not vote to hand our government back over to another establishment RINO regime. They had to use a secret ballot vote just to keep McConnell in power, because so many of the Senators weren't willing to openly vote for him. That should tell you just how unpopular the GOP establishment is at the state and local levels.
01-01-2023 06:19 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
The American people…. both Republicans and Democrats…. need to come together and take back our country. We’re tired of our elected officials putting their greed ahead of our need.
01-01-2023 06:23 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

For some, using a secret ballot is just a tad better than throwing a riot to keep power, mind you.

And if you want to bring up the 'Trump wuz cheeted' line --- my response is some objective proof as opposed to simple screaming might garner more support from some.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 06:25 PM by tanqtonic.)
01-01-2023 06:25 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
(01-01-2023 04:53 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  

I am in awe of UStateTechs constant use of somewhat homophobic slurs to seemingly always make his point.

Lol always on his mind...UofM really seems to be obsessed with men's nether regions and naughty parts. He's either a proctologist, urologist, or has deep seated psychological issues and apparently unfulfilled needs.
01-01-2023 06:38 PM
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2023 06:25 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  For some, using a secret ballot is just a tad better than throwing a riot to keep power, mind you.

And if you want to bring up the 'Trump wuz cheeted' line --- my response is some objective proof as opposed to simple screaming might garner more support from some.

I can see where trouble doesn't look for you but you on the other hand look for Trouble. 03-lmfao
01-01-2023 06:42 PM
Advertisement

Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2023 06:38 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  
(01-01-2023 04:53 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  

Lol always on his mind...UofM really seems to be obsessed with men's nether regions and naughty parts. He's either a proctologist, urologist, or has deep seated psychological issues and apparently unfulfilled needs.

You and Tanq or rang should learn how to read so you two won't be making stuff up.03-lmfao
01-01-2023 07:13 PM
450bench Offline

You libs can’t help yourselves, can you?

The obsession with Trump is beyond creepy, it’s unhealthy.
01-01-2023 07:18 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-01-2023 07:18 PM)450bench Wrote:  You libs can’t help yourselves, can you?

The obsession with Trump is beyond creepy, it’s unhealthy.

Funny, not a lib. Kneejerk comment, one size fits all issues there?

I also surmise that apparently you did not notice that the topic *is* Trump, mind you. Lolz.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 07:33 PM by tanqtonic.)
01-01-2023 07:31 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Both parties use scary talk about “the next four years” every four years to rule for decade after decade. I don’t think it would take all that much of a movement that simply lasts more than four years to flip a party back to the people.

“The next four years” timeframe is just a scare tactic of doom and gloom to keep us in line.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 08:01 PM by Todor.)
01-01-2023 08:00 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
If Trump runs as an independent 3rd party candidate, no worries. He can run, as can anyone else who is a U.S. citizen and 35 years old. I'll listen to both Trump and the Republican candidate lay out their concerns, solutions, and proposals. Also, how do they carry themselves? Handle the media (which will relentlessly pit them against each other)? Rally the citizens?

Then I'll make a decision as to which candidate I see as better prepared to clean up the myriad of disastrous policy decisions/actions and NON ACTIONS of the Biden* Administration.

The main concern I have with Trump is his age. He will be 78 in 2024, same as Biden* was in 2020. Might we see issues with his focus, speaking ability, recall of issues, etc.? We haven't yet but things can change in 18 months.
01-01-2023 09:37 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-01-2023 06:25 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  For some, using a secret ballot is just a tad better than throwing a riot to keep power, mind you.

Im happy to hear you really believe that a guy who couldnt finish a sentence without screwing up and didnt even campaign the last 3 months prior to the election got more votes that the incumbent president who got more votes than any incumbent in history (and more votes than ANY presidential candidate in history other than Biden)---then good for you. That single fact alone will always make the 2020 election outcome open to question for me. I watched one guy fill stadiums and the other guy not even campaign. As Ive said many times before, the counting is unlikely where the disconnect lies. Im pretty sure its not the count, but what was counted that led to the wildly unlikely result---but no significant resources will ever be allocated to look into that question. Prove to me there was no fraud in all those mail in ballots and maybe I'd be more inclined to believe---but on and on we hear about it being the "most secure" election ever without a scintilla of proof that it was even as secure as the typical election. Ive seen enough to be inclined to believe it was absolutely less secure than the typical election---just not sure how much less.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 09:55 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-01-2023 09:51 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
1.8333333 yrs to go ... this is gonna be all kinds of fonzies...

#groverII is dead
01-01-2023 10:30 PM
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2023 09:51 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Im happy to hear you really believe that a guy who couldnt finish a sentence without screwing up and didnt even campaign the last 3 months prior to the election got more votes that the incumbent president who got more votes than any incumbent in history (and more votes than ANY presidential candidate in history other than Biden)---then good for you. That single fact alone will always make the 2020 election outcome open to question for me. I watched one guy fill stadiums and the other guy not even campaign. As Ive said many times before, the counting is unlikely where the disconnect lies. Im pretty sure its not the count, but what was counted that led to the wildly unlikely result---but no significant resources will ever be allocated to look into that question. Prove to me there was no fraud in all those mail in ballots and maybe I'd be more inclined to believe---but on and on we hear about it being the "most secure" election ever without a scintilla of proof that it was even as secure as the typical election. Ive seen enough to be inclined to believe it was absolutely less secure than the typical election---just not sure how much less.

^^^^^^^^^^ That right there.
01-01-2023 11:23 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-01-2023 09:51 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Im happy to hear you really believe that a guy who couldnt finish a sentence without screwing up and didnt even campaign the last 3 months prior to the election got more votes that the incumbent president

Kind of tells you something about that President, doesnt it?

The former shouldnt have even been in the race. It shouldnt have been anywhere near close. But that President alienated so many it was.

Kind of exceptionally sad that a dementia laden candidate was even in it. Let alone close.

Quote: who got more votes than any incumbent in history (and more votes than ANY presidential candidate in history other than Biden)---

And..... the above is important ----- how? There is only one germane point --- he didnt get the electoral college vote. No matter how many riots popped off to stop the certification, nor how many shitbird ******* level suits Trump filed, nor how many idiotic comic book theories that a VP can sua sponte ignore a certified slate of electors.

Quote:then good for you. That single fact alone will always make the 2020 election outcome open to question for me. I watched one guy fill stadiums and the other guy not even campaign.

Got it. We hold elections based on how many go to a rally. Funny, my civics course say otherwise. And most of the polls said the same thing. Only when you ignore a lot of other issues does a Biden win seem like a 1% occurrence.

Quote:Prove to me there was no fraud in all those mail in ballots

Hate to tell you the people screaming fraud have that burden. Nice Bizarro world turn there on that one.

If you want to believe in fraud with no underlying objective proof -- free country to be ignorant and all that jazz.

If you want to state that there was a fraudulent election that went against how it should have -- bring some proof to the table in much higher amounts than 'Trump rallies were bigger' and 'Trump got more votes than any other incumbent'. ANd no, the one coming forth with the allegation of fraud needs to back it it with objective facts. Not innuendo.

And if you want to charge that fraud, the burden is on *you* to back it -- as opposed to your shallow demand that the converse be *proven* to you.

Quote:and maybe I'd be more inclined to believe---but on and on we hear about it being the "most secure" election ever without a scintilla of proof that it was even as secure as the typical election.

I've stated before -- what many states put into place for COVID made the 2020 election the easiest to commit fraud. No doubt.

There is a "yuuugeeee" difference between 'it is the most secure ever' (it wasnt) and tangible objective proof of fraud sufficient to turn the election (which doesnt seem to exist). But please mix and match arguments.

Quote:Ive seen enough to be inclined to believe it was absolutely less secure than the typical election---just not sure how much less.

I agree. That isnt the point you first stormed out of the gate with, is it?

Again, having objective proof of fraud garners a lot more respect than 'Trump got more votes than last time', 'how can a dolt win against him' (easy, its Trump), 'the election wasnt "the most secure ever"', and all the other election truther garbage that seems so prevalent.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023 12:05 AM by tanqtonic.)
01-01-2023 11:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.