Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Basketball
Bookmark and Share
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
Basketball
I noticed during the last couple of games especially the latest one Cardona has been very passive on the bench. I feel like his insane level of energy was helping pump guys up and is a big key to our success. I almost wonder if he got told by someone to chill it out. Maybe a ref. It's just odd how he sat there and barely made a noise compared to the previous games. Hopefully during the Troy game he and the team will be pumped up and ready to go.
12-26-2022 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Basketball
Really? That's interesting. I agree with you that he was helping the D with his live coaching. Wonder if it was Ladner? Like i said before, i worry that we'll extend Ladner and Cardona and his players leave and we're right back where we were with X amount of years to go.
12-27-2022 10:07 AM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

It took about 2 minutes of him sitting there before he just took off with his enthusiasm for this game. Glad he's back in form.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2022 01:24 AM by Eagleyed.)
12-30-2022 01:23 AM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

What's the status on Neftali Alvarez? If he's as good as advertised we're that much better. I'd like to see him. Anyone know?
01-03-2023 09:00 AM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

Can't complain about going .500 on a 4 game road trip. Now we have an extended home stay. Hopefully we can grab a lot of W's.
01-17-2023 08:42 AM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

(01-03-2023 09:00 AM)Golden Fogg Wrote:  What's the status on Neftali Alvarez? If he's as good as advertised we're that much better. I'd like to see him. Anyone know?

Glad he's back he is certainly good.

Also from what's been said (and what we saw on screen once) Cordana has been told multiple times by refs to sit down. I'm glad he just does it for a little bit to respect the ref, but goes right back to it. He gives the team so much energy.
01-22-2023 04:32 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-22-2023 04:32 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  
(01-03-2023 09:00 AM)Golden Fogg Wrote:  What's the status on Neftali Alvarez? If he's as good as advertised we're that much better. I'd like to see him. Anyone know?

Glad he's back he is certainly good.

Also from what's been said (and what we saw on screen once) Cordana has been told multiple times by refs to sit down. I'm glad he just does it for a little bit to respect the ref, but goes right back to it. He gives the team so much energy.

most importantly, his hair is indistinguishable ... 03-wink

Alvarez:
11 mins. Thursday - looked rusty (as expected)
22 mins. Saturday - was a monster

only Pinckney had > 30 mins., Saturday - that's what's really the key from his return moving forward...

there's no question Cordana is worth his salary ... his energy transfers straight to the guys on the floor with their man pressure + quick hands ... it's been fun to watch it all develop!
01-22-2023 08:06 PM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

Agree with you guys. His on-ball defense was as good as it gets. It seemed like that elevated the rest of the team's D. Cordana works as hard as a player on court. I hope we can keep him.
01-23-2023 04:31 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-23-2023 04:31 PM)Golden Fogg Wrote:  Agree with you guys. His on-ball defense was as good as it gets. It seemed like that elevated the rest of the team's D. Cordana works as hard as a player on court. I hope we can keep him.

maximizing output while limiting/spreading minutes is how teams continue to win at the end of the year ... we're in a good spot right now...
01-23-2023 07:29 PM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I've been able to watch the last few games on TV. Team looks good and fun to watch. Crowds look like they are growing too!

I realized last night that the SBC tournament is in P'cola this year. I will definitely have to drive over to watch them play.
01-27-2023 10:12 AM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

Cardona got call for just about the stupidest technical I've ever seen Saturdays game.
01-28-2023 06:01 PM
Advertisement

joeye04 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss, UNC
(01-28-2023 06:01 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  Cardona got call for just about the stupidest technical I've ever seen Saturdays game.

That officiating was terrible. Wish the student section had been full to add to the BS chants.
01-28-2023 08:14 PM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

I didn’t think the officiating was bad. Either way I don’t think the students yelling “Ref you suck” every game is going to win us any favors.
It was fun. Great crowd got real loud. Still won when we didn’t play great.
01-29-2023 11:17 AM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

We should probably talk basketball. This team is good. If they continue, comparisons will have to be made. Certainly conceiveable they will win out regular season.
02-11-2023 11:29 PM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

I wonder how recruiting is going. Some huge losses in Pink and Hasse.
02-15-2023 04:53 PM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

An interesting thing to note is we have now moved to 12 seed in ncaa predictions. All the 11 seeds are at larges. So we are getting close. Real close. We are favored in our last 4, but it will be hard to win them all.
02-15-2023 06:07 PM
Advertisement

Eagleyed Offline
1st String

This loss probably moves us back to 13 seed. (Assuming we are the winner of the tourney) Pretty bad looking loss as South Alabama is in the bottom 1/3 of basketball teams.

Hopefully the team can clean up the turnovers. The bad shooting, sometimes it happens, but the turnovers are something that can and has to be cleaned up.
02-16-2023 09:42 PM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

Well, guess we'll see what McClain will do now. I fear a big extension. I can see MBB becoming like WBB.
03-17-2023 07:32 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(03-17-2023 07:32 AM)Golden Fogg Wrote:  Well, guess we'll see what McClain will do now. I fear a big extension. I can see MBB becoming like WBB.

Ladner plugged and played guys from the portal.. But sometimes it's hard to capture lightning twice in a bottle.
03-17-2023 12:01 PM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

Anyone know about Harris coming back? Mixon tweeted him on the list of those leaving. Was it just a misstype?
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2023 10:30 PM by Eagleyed.)
03-17-2023 10:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.