Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Missouri players fighting each other during bowl game
Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Missouri players fighting each other during bowl game
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/missouri-...ing-qb.amp

Anyone else see this? Mizzou got a roughing the passer call and the Missouri player was helping the WF QB up when another player wanted him not to and they ended up fighting and having to be separated by other teammates.

Shameful at this point in the season they still haven’t learned to get along. No wonder they ended 6-7.

6 wins, including Abilene Christian, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State and Vanderbilt. That program is in sorry shape.
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2022 07:24 PM by Todor.)
12-25-2022 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
RE: Missouri players fighting each other during bowl game
What’s Gary Pinkel doing now a days?
12-25-2022 07:30 PM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
(12-25-2022 07:30 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  What’s Gary Pinkel doing now a days?

Enjoying the good life in retirement!! 04-rock
12-25-2022 08:57 PM
AuzGrams Offline
1st String

I Root For: Utah, UVU, UNC bb
(12-25-2022 07:30 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  What’s Gary Pinkel doing now a days?

He ain’t walking thru that door that’s for sure.
12-25-2022 09:32 PM
PeteTheChop Offline
Here rests the ACC: 1953-2026

I Root For: C-A-N-E-S
It just means more
12-25-2022 11:21 PM
Advertisement

PeteTheChop Offline
Here rests the ACC: 1953-2026

I Root For: C-A-N-E-S
(12-25-2022 07:24 PM)Todor Wrote:  6 wins, including Abilene Christian, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State and Vanderbilt. That program is in sorry shape.

Also, Mizzou had mighty UGA on the ropes in October.
12-25-2022 11:26 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(12-25-2022 11:26 PM)PeteTheChop Wrote:  
(12-25-2022 07:24 PM)Todor Wrote:  6 wins, including Abilene Christian, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State and Vanderbilt. That program is in sorry shape.

Perhaps their players weren’t punching each other that day.
12-25-2022 11:35 PM
jhjhanaway Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCM, Mizzou

Those kind of games kill me. You know Georgia just wasn't trying. And Mizzou played about as well as they could have. You can't convince me Mizzou legitimately played Georgia tough. This program is in such shambles almost across the board. Should've gone Big 10. Probably wouldn't change anything but our opponents would be more fun!
12-25-2022 11:52 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(12-25-2022 11:52 PM)jhjhanaway Wrote:  

Those kind of games kill me. You know Georgia just wasn't trying. And Mizzou played about as well as they could have. You can't convince me Mizzou legitimately played Georgia tough. This program is in such shambles almost across the board. Should've gone Big 10. Probably wouldn't change anything but our opponents would be more fun!

You guys did fine in the SEC while Pinkel was still there, you just need to find a good coach.
12-26-2022 04:17 AM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
(12-26-2022 04:17 AM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  

You guys did fine in the SEC while Pinkel was still there, you just need to find a good coach.

And to that point, I do not think Eli Drinkwitz is that guy. He went from being a Mountain West position coach in 2014 to SEC head coach in 2020, that is a very rapid ascent. His experience in between was being the Boise OC for a season, NC State OC for three, and App State head coach for one (where he won, but inherited a stacked program playing Sun Belt competition). Mizzou probably thought they were getting the next great coach before he got attention from bigger programs, but I think they just got a guy in over his head.
12-26-2022 10:54 AM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
I think it’s interesting that whenever Missouri struggles, the board goes straight to “Going to the SEC was a mistake”.

Is there any scenario where the SEC “releases” the Tigers to the Big 10?

Question 2 becomes, had Missouri not become the #14 SEC school, who takes that spot?
12-26-2022 06:27 PM
jhjhanaway Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCM, Mizzou
(12-26-2022 06:27 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  I think it’s interesting that whenever Missouri struggles, the board goes straight to “Going to the SEC was a mistake”.

Question 2 becomes, had Missouri not become the #14 SEC school, who takes that spot?

It was the right choice financially. But as a fan, I would rather be in the current Big 12 than the SEC. No real rivals and I miss the history. Not a good reason for a school to not take an invite from SEC. I'd be shocked if a conference outright released anybody. I have (maybe incorrect) memories that WVU really wanted in. SEC's interest in unknown.
12-26-2022 11:05 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(12-26-2022 11:05 PM)jhjhanaway Wrote:  
(12-26-2022 06:27 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  I think it’s interesting that whenever Missouri struggles, the board goes straight to “Going to the SEC was a mistake”.

It was the right choice financially. But as a fan, I would rather be in the current Big 12 than the SEC. No real rivals and I miss the history. Not a good reason for a school to not take an invite from SEC. I'd be shocked if a conference outright released anybody. I have (maybe incorrect) memories that WVU really wanted in. SEC's interest in unknown.

I'm curious if any old-time SEC fans can chime in on this one. I have no idea who #14 would have been if it was Missouri. Maybe one of the current targets in the ACC?
12-27-2022 12:46 AM
Advertisement

dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
(12-26-2022 10:54 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  
(12-26-2022 04:17 AM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  

And to that point, I do not think Eli Drinkwitz is that guy. He went from being a Mountain West position coach in 2014 to SEC head coach in 2020, that is a very rapid ascent. His experience in between was being the Boise OC for a season, NC State OC for three, and App State head coach for one (where he won, but inherited a stacked program playing Sun Belt competition). Mizzou probably thought they were getting the next great coach before he got attention from bigger programs, but I think they just got a guy in over his head.

What's the old saying about rising to one's highest level of incompetence?
12-27-2022 01:58 PM
DawgNBama Offline

In the past, that may have been true. But, there is still some fire between the two teams dating back to Pinkel or Odum, IMO. "Old Man football" still carries some weight, I think. And I think Mizzou did just fine on its choice of the SEC. Yes, back in the Big 12 days, they begged for a B1G invite, However, none was forthcoming. You work with what you got!! However, I do think that the SEC is working on landing Kansas eventually.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2022 01:41 AM by DawgNBama.)
12-28-2022 01:32 AM
DawgNBama Offline

(12-27-2022 12:46 AM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  
(12-26-2022 11:05 PM)jhjhanaway Wrote:  

I'm curious if any old-time SEC fans can chime in on this one. I have no idea who #14 would have been if it was Missouri. Maybe one of the current targets in the ACC?

Probably Texas, if Mizzou declined. What would make things really interesting is knowing who #16 would have been back then. I'm pretty sure WVU was a non-starter though. And, market had nothing to do with it, but rather, fan behavior vs SEC opponents was to blame, from what I heard.
12-28-2022 01:38 AM
ColumbusCard Offline
2nd String

I Root For: U of L

I find that to be the case no matter how inaccurate it is. Same with Virginia Tech and Louisville in the ACC. Nevermind the fact that Mizzou made the conference championship twice within their first few years of joining the SEC, their failure now is going to be lazily suggested to be the SEC's "fault"
12-28-2022 03:02 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(12-28-2022 03:02 AM)ColumbusCard Wrote:  

I find that to be the case no matter how inaccurate it is. Same with Virginia Tech and Louisville in the ACC. Nevermind the fact that Mizzou made the conference championship twice within their first few years of joining the SEC, their failure now is going to be lazily suggested to be the SEC's "fault"

People in this thread didn’t suggest Mizzou’s failure was the “SEC’s fault”. They were suggesting Mizzou had a better chance of success in an easier Big Ten with regional opponents that resonate more with the fan base. Regardless, it was acknowledged that even if Mizzou’s quality was the same, it would at least be with schools they have more history with (Nebraska, Illinois).

None of that ultimately matters though. One P2 conference invited them, the other didn’t. They took whoever gave them a P2 guarantee first.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2022 05:14 PM by IWokeUpLikeThis.)
12-28-2022 04:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.