Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB vs Hampton 12/17/22 4:00 PM
Bookmark and Share
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
WBB vs Hampton 12/17/22 4:00 PM
The Dukes take a quick trip down to the Tidewater area to take on the Hampton Pirates today at 4:00 PM at the Hampton Convocation Center. Dukes were victorious in the game at the AUBC vs Hampton last year winning 78-60. Wife and I will be there today ROOTIN and hope to see some Purple and Gold in the stands doing likewise.

As the game is on a CAA home court unfortunately it will be broadcast on FLOSports. The ghost of FLO hangs on!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2022 07:45 AM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
12-17-2022 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
RE: WBB vs Hampton 12/17/22 4:00 PM
Can't watch the game (FloSports, BOOOOO!) but keeping an eye on the play by play as much as possible and stats. Good to see Annalicia back! Looks like she is contributing too.
12-17-2022 04:39 PM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
Dukes pull out the win despite getting doubled up in the third quarter.
12-17-2022 06:29 PM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

A win is a win is a win, but my goodness that was ugly.
12-17-2022 06:52 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Bit of a nailbiter today. Dukes were up by 12 at the half but Hampton shot the lights out in the third quarter and outscored the Dukes 25-12 to take a 1 point lead. Back and forth in the fourth but the Dukes pulled out the win mainly due to Hampton only hitting about 44% on their FT's something like 13 of 29. Everytime someone from Hampton went to the line they played a jingle FT's win games clap clap. Unfortunately for Hampton they did not also say FT can lose games!!

Reffing was very uneven and choppy which is what we all expected from CAA refs. Dukes were getting mugged on their end with nothing being called. Hard to watch. Sean looked like he was going to have a coronary after a couple of the non calls. Dukes only had 12 FT's all game!!

Good to see Annalicia back. Scored 13 points and had some good rebounds but also 4 fouls. She played 20 minutes and I am sure she is still getting in game shape. She got her lip busted open a couple times working the boards. Also another good game with 14 assists but 19 turnovers mainly on bad passing. Gotta clean that up.

Stupidest thing at the game is that the PA announcer kept calling the Dukes the Mustangs. He was told multiple times that JMU is the Dukes and it took till the third quarter to correct himself. Think was happened was that the sheet that they pass around with the roster had the Dukes as 0-0 in the American not the Sunbelt. Think what happened is that who ever made up the sheet confused the Dukes with the SMU Mustangs who are in the American. People (mainly me) were yelling at him the whole first half about it!!

Ugly game but will take the win and move on. Glad to see Annalicia back and hopefully she can get worked back into the rotation quickly. Kobe should be eligible starting Monday I think, will be interesting to she can bring to the team.

Brian
12-17-2022 07:07 PM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I could only watch the play by play sidebar thingy, but it looked like the refs were the same stupid fools we used to get. ~SMDH~ What was Hampton thinking, joining up with the CAA? The Dukes had it in their hip pocket in the first half but obviously Hampton coaches made some adjustments at halftime and they came storming back. Well, nice to have Annalicia back anyway. Looked to me like the refs were really picking on Kozlova, too--I mean, 3 fouls in only 12 minutes playing time? Really? And Steph needs to either work on her accuracy or stop putting up 3s, nothing is going in. Oh well, we'll take the W and move on.
12-17-2022 07:56 PM
LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
Thanks to everyone for the updates and analysis. I was not able to watch the game nor follow the stats so I was happy to see the outcome tonight but was pretty sure it had not been the prettiest game.

Like Longhorn said, a win is a win is a win.

The pre-Christmas tournament should be interesting. I am glad the games are on ESPN+ so it will be easier to watch them.
12-17-2022 08:52 PM
Advertisement

Dukes94 Offline
All American

(12-17-2022 07:07 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Stupidest thing at the game is that the PA announcer kept calling the Dukes the Mustangs.

WTAF. In-state school and all. Maybe he's paid to read what they hand him, not to think.

(12-17-2022 07:56 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  What was Hampton thinking, joining up with the CAA?

It's a step up from the MEAC.
12-17-2022 09:43 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

(12-17-2022 09:43 PM)Dukes94 Wrote:  
(12-17-2022 07:07 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Stupidest thing at the game is that the PA announcer kept calling the Dukes the Mustangs.

WTAF. In-state school and all. Maybe he's paid to read what they hand him, not to think.

(12-17-2022 07:56 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  What was Hampton thinking, joining up with the CAA?

I have my doubts about that. Seriously. CAA sux.
12-18-2022 11:58 AM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

(12-18-2022 11:58 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  
(12-17-2022 09:43 PM)Dukes94 Wrote:  

I have my doubts about that. Seriously. CAA sux.

Nah, just google the conference RPIs. Men or women. The MEAC is awful. Worse than the CAA.
12-18-2022 09:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.