Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Quinyon Mitchell
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Quinyon Mitchell
Named 2nd team Walter Camp All-American.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022 10:32 PM by Boca Rocket.)
12-08-2022 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Quinyon Mitchell
Impressive...happy for him. Never met him, but my son said he's probably the nicest person he's ever met.
12-09-2022 08:37 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-09-2022 08:37 AM)TampaRocket Wrote:  Impressive...happy for him. Never met him, but my son said he's probably the nicest person he's ever met.

Nice to hear that. Glad to see you around Tampa. Happy Holidays to you and the family!04-cheers
12-09-2022 08:47 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
He got 2nd team accolades from PFF and The Athletic too, although I don't think those two are recognized as part of the "official" AA media orgs,

His 20 PBUs is a UT record for a season - previous was Womack's 16.
12-09-2022 09:00 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I noticed when he had those 4 interceptions against NIU he wasn't making a big deal of it. His teammates were doing a lot more mugging for the camera and forcing him to put the "turnover chain" on - which he did - for about 10 seconds. Seems to be very humble. Hope he can find some NIL money at Toledo to fend off an offer from somewhere else. You know that has to be going on - is it legal? ie for a representative of a university to seek out players and have them get an idea of how much NIL money is available to them by hitting the portal and leaving for Big Bucks Univ.

It seems to be a good sign that minimal players have hit the portal at Toledo - yet. The bowl game in Florida will keep a number of players from making that move at present time. Hope we don't lose a lot of talent - but you'd have to expect some QB's and RB's to leave. I don't see Finn leaving, but Gleason is a possibility. Two capable QB's and only a year apart in eligibility remaining. Would be tough to expect that both will stay. Gleason has already made 1 transfer to get to Toledo, but that doesn't seem to limit anyone these days. It's like the days of old with jobs. Used to be the "cradle to grave" job situation. Recent grads now will have about 5-7 job changes by the time they hit 30.
12-09-2022 09:14 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-09-2022 09:00 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  He got 2nd team accolades from PFF and The Athletic too, although I don't think those two are recognized as part of the "official" AA media orgs,

His 20 PBUs is a UT record for a season - previous was Womack's 16.

NCAA recognizes 5 All- American teams:
Associated Press
American FB Coaches Association
FB Writers of America Association
Sporting News
Walter Camp FB Foundation

Make 3 of 5 1st team=Consensus All-American
Make all 5 1st team=Unaminous All-American
12-09-2022 09:36 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

3rd team, Associated Press.
12-12-2022 06:48 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
I hope he doesn’t transfer
12-12-2022 06:52 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

Not transfer, but declared early for the NFL draft after next season. Anyway you look at it, unless he is injured, he is leaving early.
12-12-2022 07:30 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-12-2022 06:48 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  3rd team, Associated Press.

What's our list of recent AA? Not trying to put you to work. Just figure you or someone would have it handy.
12-12-2022 07:33 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-12-2022 07:33 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(12-12-2022 06:48 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  3rd team, Associated Press.

What's our list of recent AA? Not trying to put you to work. Just figure you or someone would have it handy.

Michael Roberts was the most recent AA. Mancz before that. Nick Rosi was a freshman-AA.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2022 08:51 PM by northcoastRocket.)
12-12-2022 08:51 PM
pono Online
Heisman

I Root For:
3 MAC defenders on the 3rd AA team.
12-13-2022 03:10 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
This reminded me - I hadn't seen the All-MAC list until just looking it up. Toledo put 2 players on the first, second, and third all-MAC Offense teams list - and both were lineman (Rosi and Sciurry). No receivers, no TE's, no QB. Obviously there are 5 OL's for each team - so 15 in total. We put 2 on those teams - Rosi on the 1st team, and Sciurry on the 3rd team. Imagine that - the area most of us felt was our biggest weakness on offense. Hallett likely laughing at the posters on this board. He is right and we are wrong? Or are we inconsistent in talent at all the other OL positions? Berg not on any of the 3 teams - and he was the only senior we started consistently when not hurt.

Line did seem to play well against OU. A lot of holes for Stuart to run through, but Finn was running a lot - some of which may have been somewhat by design. He was selective - too selective - in throwing down field.

Still, can't get over the fact we only put 2 guys on the All-MAC team. And we had the 3RD most yards/game in the MAC (based only on conference games). Ohio and Kent State had more. Ohio put 7 guys on the 3 Offense teams and Kent State had 6. And they had a total of 26 and 11 yards/game more than Toledo. Only Ohio had more points/game at 32.8 vs. 32.2 for Toledo.

Defense we had 6 players make the 3 All-Mac defensive teams - but they excluded both Dyontae Johnson and Dallas Gant from those 3 teams. That includes Mazim Hook, apparently Maxim's twin brother...
12-13-2022 11:43 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(12-13-2022 11:43 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  This reminded me - I hadn't seen the All-MAC list until just looking it up. Toledo put 2 players on the first, second, and third all-MAC Offense teams list - and both were lineman (Rosi and Sciurry). No receivers, no TE's, no QB. Obviously there are 5 OL's for each team - so 15 in total. We put 2 on those teams - Rosi on the 1st team, and Sciurry on the 3rd team. Imagine that - the area most of us felt was our biggest weakness on offense. Hallett likely laughing at the posters on this board. He is right and we are wrong? Or are we inconsistent in talent at all the other OL positions? Berg not on any of the 3 teams - and he was the only senior we started consistently when not hurt.

Line did seem to play well against OU. A lot of holes for Stuart to run through, but Finn was running a lot - some of which may have been somewhat by design. He was selective - too selective - in throwing down field.

Still, can't get over the fact we only put 2 guys on the All-MAC team. And we had the 3RD most yards/game in the MAC (based only on conference games). Ohio and Kent State had more. Ohio put 7 guys on the 3 Offense teams and Kent State had 6. And they had a total of 26 and 11 yards/game more than Toledo. Only Ohio had more points/game at 32.8 vs. 32.2 for Toledo.

Defense we had 6 players make the 3 All-Mac defensive teams - but they excluded both Dyontae Johnson and Dallas Gant from those 3 teams. That includes Mazim Hook, apparently Maxim's twin brother...

Were you looking at 2022? Finn and Newton both second team at QB and WR.
12-13-2022 11:53 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-13-2022 03:10 AM)pono Wrote:  3 MAC defenders on the 3rd AA team.

Where is that listing at? I did a quick search and all I found was this:
AP has Mitchell on 3rd team. No one else listed from Toledo
Football Writers Assoc. shows no one from Toledo
CBS Sports only had 2 teams listed and no one from Toledo.

I don't even know who qualifies the actual "All-American" teams anymore. Most of the ones I saw only showed 2 teams and dominated the space used in the article with a paragraph on every player on the 1st team. .

Could find any honorable mentions or third teams anywhere except for the AP listing.

Google is not my friend.
12-13-2022 12:01 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(12-13-2022 12:01 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

I don't even know who qualifies the actual "All-American" teams anymore. Most of the ones I saw only showed 2 teams and dominated the space used in the article with a paragraph on every player on the 1st team. .

Could find any honorable mentions or third teams anywhere except for the AP listing.

Google is not my friend.

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2022/11/...teams.aspx
12-13-2022 03:55 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-13-2022 03:55 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 12:01 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

Google is not my friend.

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2022/11/...teams.aspx

Also, there are many different organizations that name All-American teams. As Boca posted above, there are 5 that are recognized by the NCAA as "official" AA teams. They each do it differently and there is no standard for how many teams they name, or whether they also list honorable mentions. There are also a number of "non-official" AA teams named by groups like PFF and The Athletic.

As far as I know, Mitchell has been named 2nd team AA by Walter Camp (official), PFF (non-official) and The Athletic (non-official) and 3rd team AA by the AP (official.)
12-13-2022 04:37 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-13-2022 11:53 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 11:43 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  This reminded me - I hadn't seen the All-MAC list until just looking it up. Toledo put 2 players on the first, second, and third all-MAC Offense teams list - and both were lineman (Rosi and Sciurry). No receivers, no TE's, no QB. Obviously there are 5 OL's for each team - so 15 in total. We put 2 on those teams - Rosi on the 1st team, and Sciurry on the 3rd team. Imagine that - the area most of us felt was our biggest weakness on offense. Hallett likely laughing at the posters on this board. He is right and we are wrong? Or are we inconsistent in talent at all the other OL positions? Berg not on any of the 3 teams - and he was the only senior we started consistently when not hurt.

Were you looking at 2022? Finn and Newton both second team at QB and WR.

Had to be this year since Rosi didn't play last year if I remember correctly. Now I have to find what the hell I was looking at.

Just did another search and I see Finn as 2nd team QB and Newton also on 2nd team.

Then - went back to my history of sites visited today and this is what I found. It was from a site called PFF+. I guess I didn't pay attention to what I clicked on. I have no idea what PFF+ is.

This is what came up on my search.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-footbal...n-mitchell

Their take on the all-MAC teams:

Offense
QB Kurtis Rourke, Ohio
RB Carson Steele, Ball State
RB Marquez Cooper, Kent State
WR Jacoby Jones, Ohio
WR Sam Wiglusz, Ohio
WR Dante Cephas, Kent State
TE Joel Wilson, Central Michigan
LT Corey Stewart, Ball State
LG Sidy Sow, Eastern Michigan
C Jakari Robinson, Bowling Green
RG Hagen Meservy, Ohio
RT Nick Rosi, Toledo

Defense
DI Desjuan Johnson, Toledo
DI Braden Fiske, Western Michigan
ED Karl Brooks, Bowling Green
ED Jose Ramirez, Eastern Michigan
LB Zaire Barnes, Western Michigan
LB Clayton Coll, Ball State
CB Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo
CB Torrie Cox Jr., Ohio
S Nate Bauer, Toledo
S Jahmin Muse, Buffalo
FLEX D Ronald Kent, Central Michigan

Special teams
RS Jaylon Jackson, Eastern Michigan
K Alex McNulty, Buffalo
P Luke Elzinga, Central Michigan

SECOND TEAM
Offense
QB Collin Schlee, Kent State
RB Samson Evans, East Michigan
RB Sieh Bangura, Ohio
WR Devontez Walker, Kent State
WR Mac Hippenhammer, Miami (OH)
WR Corey Crooms, Western Michigan
TE Brady Hunt, Ball State
LT Marcellus Johnson, Eastern Michigan
LG John Champe, Northern Illinois
C Parker Titsworth, Ohio
RG Addison West, Western Michigan
RT Savion Washington, Kent State

Defense
DI James Ester, Northern Illinois
DI CJ West, Kent State
ED Thomas Incoom, Central Michigan
ED Andre Carter, Western Michigan
LB Cole Pearce, Ball State
LB Corvin Moment, Western Michigan
CB Amechi Uzodinma II, Ball State
CB Montre Miller, Kent State
S Zachary Ford, Toledo
S Mazen Hook, Toledo
FLEX D Michael Dowell, Miami (OH)

Special teams
RS Ja'Shaun Poke, Kent State
K Jesus Gomez, Eastern Michigan
P Lucas Borrow, Ball State

THIRD TEAM
Offense
QB Matt McDonald, Bowling Green
RB Sean Tyler, Western Michigan
RB Harrison Waylee, Northern Illinois
WR Tanner Knue, Eastern Michigan
WR Odieu Hilaire, Bowling Green
WR Cole Tucker, Northern Illinois
TE Christian Sims, Bowling Green
LT Jay Amburgey, Ohio
LG Vinny Sciury, Toledo
C Ethan Crowe, Ball State
RG Elijah Ratliff, Kent State
RT Nate Williams, Akron

Defense
DI John Wesley Whiteside, Central Michigan
DI Jacques Britstol, Central Michigan
ED Jamal Hines, Toledo
ED Demetrius Hardamon, Bowling Green
LB Shaun Dolac, Buffalo
LB James Patterson, Buffalo
CB Donte Kent, Central Michigan
CB Kempton Shine, Eastern Michigan
S Malcolm Lee, Ball State
S Jaquan Amos, Ball State
FLEX D Jordan Riley-Scott, Ball State

Special teams
RS Sean Tyler, Western Michigan
K Graham Nicholson, Miami (OH)
P Mitchell Tomasek, Eastern Michigan
12-13-2022 07:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.