Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Paul Whelan Has a Few Things to Say About the Deal That Left Him Out
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Paul Whelan Has a Few Things to Say About the Deal That Left Him Out
Quote:As we reported earlier, Joe Biden made a deal to get basketball player Brittney Griner back from Russia by trading the “Merchant of Death” Viktor Bout for her. It was a tremendously lopsided deal, given what Bout has done and what a continuing danger he could pose to the world. Even a sycophant for the Democrats like Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) saw a big problem with it, as well as a potential danger for the future.

Maybe the U.S. wants to consider why Russia is so anxious to get the “Merchant of Death” back and how they might use him. This also gives them a great incentive to grab Americans wrongfully, knowing that they can get back their criminal terrorists from Joe Biden.

But meanwhile, Paul Whelan seems to have been tossed off in the deal and with just a few mentions of how the Biden team will still be working for his release. But if you have a big trading card like Bout which you just traded away with the claim that it wasn’t enough, saying that you’re going to keep trying is just a sop to make it sound like you care. You played your cards and sold him down the river in the deal. He’s been held since 2018, far longer than Griner, when he didn’t do anything.

While the Whelan family was being gracious about it, saying they’re glad that Griner is free, they said they were “devastated.”

“Despite the possibility that there might be an exchange without Paul, our family is still devastated. I can’t even fathom how Paul will feel when he learns. Paul has worked so hard to survive nearly 4 years of this injustice,” he said in the statement.

Whelan himself told CNN that he was “greatly disappointed” to be left behind.

“I am greatly disappointed that more has not been done to secure my release, especially as the four year anniversary of my arrest is coming up. I was arrested for a crime that never occurred,” he said in an exclusive phone call from the penal colony where is being held in a remote part of Russia. “I don’t understand why I’m still sitting here.”

Whelan said he was happy that Griner was released but told CNN he “was led to believe that things were moving in the right direction, and that the governments were negotiating and that something would happen fairly soon.”

When asked if he was surprised not to have been included in the swap for Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout, he told CNN he was.

Whelan said they cast him as a spy and gave him a 16-year sentence.

Whelan said he hopes that President Joe Biden and his administration “would do everything they could to get me home, regardless of the price they might have to pay at this point.”

“I would say that if a message could go to President Biden, that this is a precarious situation that needs to be resolved quickly,” he said.

“My bags are packed. I’m ready to go home. I just need an airplane to come and get me,” he said.

Whelan said he would like to speak to Biden directly, noting he had spoken to an administration official earlier in the day about the situation, but “I think that message really needs to go to people like the president so they understand personally what I’m dealing with and what we deal with in these foreign prisons and under these circumstances.”

“It’s quite obvious that I’m being held hostage,” he said.

Unfortunately for him, all he’s going to get from Biden is a verbal nod that they “care.” He didn’t count enough on their priority list when it came to the final call in this deal. He was just a Marine and not a basketball player who checks any Democratic boxes.

Link
12-08-2022 03:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Paul Whelan Has a Few Things to Say About the Deal That Left Him Out
(12-08-2022 03:24 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:As we reported earlier, Joe Biden made a deal to get basketball player Brittney Griner back from Russia by trading the “Merchant of Death” Viktor Bout for her.
Link

Bout is an evil commie bastard. That puts him and Biden on the same team.
12-08-2022 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Maybe the plan is to put a bullet in his head as soon as he steps off the plane out of country. I would then feel better about the deal.
12-08-2022 05:29 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(12-08-2022 05:29 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Maybe the plan is to put a bullet in his head as soon as he steps off the plane out of country. I would then feel better about the deal.

12-08-2022 05:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
There’s a lot to be said here, but for the moment I’ll just say that Whelan’s statements made while he remains in Russian custody may or may not be his sincere opinions.
12-08-2022 07:32 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(12-08-2022 05:29 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Maybe the plan is to put a bullet in his head as soon as he steps off the plane out of country. I would then feel better about the deal.
I imagine if he ever steps out of Russia, there will be a drone overhead

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
12-08-2022 07:34 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-08-2022 07:34 PM)fsquid Wrote:  
I imagine if he ever steps out of Russia, there will be a drone overhead

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Should have fed him one if those trackers that attach to your intestines before he left.
12-08-2022 07:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.