Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why Warnock won
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Why Warnock won
https://thefederalist.com/2022/12/07/3-u...ia-runoff/

Ballot harvesting, smart spending, litigation

"...There are several Georgia-based leftist nonprofits that engage in ballot harvesting and curing. America Votes, a left-wing get-out-the-vote group, knocked on 4 million doors leading up to the Georgia runoff (in contrast, the Walker-backing Faith and Freedom Coalition aimed to knock on just 400,000 doors) and made more than 1 million phone calls encouraging likely Democrat voters to cast ballots. Other Democrat groups such as Stacey Abrams’ Fair Fight and the New Georgia Project have engaged thousands of volunteers to push their GOTV efforts, including registering largely non-white Georgian residents to vote. VoteBuilder, a voter registration database run by the Democratic National Committee and each respective state’s Democratic Party, gives such activists the information necessary to group and target Democratic voters and contact them about filling out and sending in their mail-in ballot....
<America Votes and one other organization contacted our kids several times. We had two people knock on our door in a very blue neighborhood>

Despite what corporate media pundits tell you, Georgia is not a swing state. Republicans overwhelmingly swept all other down-ballot races this past election cycle. Nationally, Democrats were focused on control of the Senate, and accordingly focused their strategy and efforts on keeping their Georgia Senate seat. They did this by pulling out their most effective ground game tactics such as harvesting (and curing) ballots, spending millions of dollars in various get-out-the-vote efforts, and going to court to expand and cement their radical post-2020 election law changes. And it paid off. If Republicans can’t stop their tactics, then the GOP would do well to mirror them."
12-08-2022 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: Why Warnock won
(12-08-2022 02:57 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/12/07/3-u...ia-runoff/

Ballot harvesting, smart spending, litigation

"...There are several Georgia-based leftist nonprofits that engage in ballot harvesting and curing. America Votes, a left-wing get-out-the-vote group, knocked on 4 million doors leading up to the Georgia runoff (in contrast, the Walker-backing Faith and Freedom Coalition aimed to knock on just 400,000 doors) and made more than 1 million phone calls encouraging likely Democrat voters to cast ballots. Other Democrat groups such as Stacey Abrams’ Fair Fight and the New Georgia Project have engaged thousands of volunteers to push their GOTV efforts, including registering largely non-white Georgian residents to vote. VoteBuilder, a voter registration database run by the Democratic National Committee and each respective state’s Democratic Party, gives such activists the information necessary to group and target Democratic voters and contact them about filling out and sending in their mail-in ballot....
<America Votes and one other organization contacted our kids several times. We had two people knock on our door in a very blue neighborhood>

Despite what corporate media pundits tell you, Georgia is not a swing state. Republicans overwhelmingly swept all other down-ballot races this past election cycle. Nationally, Democrats were focused on control of the Senate, and accordingly focused their strategy and efforts on keeping their Georgia Senate seat. They did this by pulling out their most effective ground game tactics such as harvesting (and curing) ballots, spending millions of dollars in various get-out-the-vote efforts, and going to court to expand and cement their radical post-2020 election law changes. And it paid off. If Republicans can’t stop their tactics, then the GOP would do well to mirror them."

In what you quoted, that's not ballot harvesting. BH is illegal in Georgia. Only physically disabled voters are allowed to have someone else return their ballot. And even then, it has to be a relative or household member.
https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_harvestin...te#Georgia

There is nothing at all wrong with knocking on doors and calling voters, etc.

Here's the real reasons Warnock won.

[Image: 89d5e878-1dcd-463e-9d97-95abb5191acb.jpe...169%2Cy127][Image: herschel-walker-texas-home.jpg?auto=comp...p;amp;q=45]
12-08-2022 03:02 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
no fk’n shite … ballet harvesting coupled with muh muh mail-it-inns and the dregs that associate are all by design…

@>270guaranteed’24
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022 03:31 PM by stinkfist.)
12-08-2022 03:31 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Meh - who cares at this point.
12-08-2022 03:44 PM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Multi faceted:
1. McConnell didn’t fund it enough
2. Orange man bad
3. State is trending blue either way
4. Ballot harvesting and banking votes early is better than hoping they turn out on ED.
12-08-2022 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
With the MASSIVE difference in money spent, coupled with the media squarely on Warnock's side, it's amazing the race was even close.
12-08-2022 04:17 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Could it be that Walker simply wasn't a good enough candidate?
12-08-2022 04:26 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(12-08-2022 04:26 PM)VA49er Wrote:  Could it be that Walker simply wasn't a good enough candidate?

Not when outspent $126 million to $48 million.

And I'm guessing that doesn't count all the third party anti-candidate commercials which were dominated by Democratic ones.
12-08-2022 04:29 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(12-08-2022 03:57 PM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  Multi faceted:
2. Orange man bad
4. Ballot harvesting and banking votes early is better than hoping they turn out on ED.

yep, exactly.
12-08-2022 04:29 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

2. Orange man bad

Well Kemp won 50-49 in 2018 and beat election denier Stacey Abrams 53-46 this time.
12-08-2022 04:30 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

Republicans won the other 8 statewide races by between 5 and 10 points. Further down the ballot, the margins tended to get bigger.

Interestingly, the Sec. of State, who was very unpopular with Republicans, won by 10 points against a Democrat who promised to remove any controls to make sure votes were legal.
12-08-2022 04:32 PM
Advertisement

WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(12-08-2022 04:30 PM)bullet Wrote:  
2. Orange man bad

Well Kemp won 50-49 in 2018 and beat election denier Stacey Abrams 53-46 this time.

Yes, candidate quality matters as well. Should have included that. Interestingly enough the Dems candidates sucked too which was why it was still relatively close.
12-08-2022 04:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
(12-08-2022 03:02 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Here's the real reasons Warnock won.

[Image: 89d5e878-1dcd-463e-9d97-95abb5191acb.jpe...169%2Cy127][Image: herschel-walker-texas-home.jpg?auto=comp...p;amp;q=45]

This is it exactly, and the fact that even some of the more intelligent posters on the right can't/won't see that fills me with great hope for future successes. By all means, please double down as it is working so well and we are getting lots of great things done.

More witches, more Walkers, more winning!
12-08-2022 11:26 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
1. Walker is a ridiculous candidate.
2. Dems completely own Reps.
3. Dems are willing to do whatever it takes to win.
4. Reps are too p^ssy to stop Dems from doing anything to win.
5. Reps are lazy and tend to sit back and watch things play out.
6. Reps are more concerned about keeping their own position and as long as they keep getting their checks, they dont really care about policy... "we tried but we were outvoted" kind of bull****.
7. Personally I am so sick of p%ssy Reps that I will never vote for a Republican again, for any reason.
12-08-2022 11:30 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
To answer OP:

.... Warnock won because Herschel Walker was a terrible candidate who ran an even worse campaign. If you replace Herschel Walker with garden variety Country Club McBoring Republican they win easy.

And the polls make it crystal clear and now on a bipartisan basis: hitch your wagon to Trump anywhere but the deepest of reds and you'll lose or run an uncomfortably close unnecessarily expensive campaign.
12-08-2022 11:36 PM
b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
Why Warnock won
Atlanta. That's why Warnock win. Too much urban stupid for conservatives to overcome at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
12-09-2022 06:36 AM
Advertisement

b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
(12-08-2022 11:30 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  1. Walker is a ridiculous candidate.
2. Dems completely own Reps.
3. Dems are willing to do whatever it takes to win.
4. Reps are too p^ssy to stop Dems from doing anything to win.
5. Reps are lazy and tend to sit back and watch things play out.
6. Reps are more concerned about keeping their own position and as long as they keep getting their checks, they dont really care about policy... "we tried but we were outvoted" kind of bull****.
7. Personally I am so sick of p%ssy Reps that I will never vote for a Republican again, for any reason.
All this too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
12-09-2022 06:40 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Problem republicans have now is that any candidate backed by Trump, including probably himself, can win a primary but cannot win a general except in a very few states.

Part of that is because Trump seems to be the only republican who us not a pv$$y and wants to win.
12-09-2022 06:48 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Why Warnock won
Gary Black had experience in state wide elections

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
12-09-2022 07:18 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(12-08-2022 04:26 PM)VA49er Wrote:  Could it be that Walker simply wasn't a good enough candidate?

No, there was imaginary ballot harvesting and fraud. Perhaps check your junk or spam folders for your daily talking points?
12-09-2022 07:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.