Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Philly gas station hires armed guards to protect against theft
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Philly gas station hires armed guards to protect against theft
Quote:The owner of a gas station in North Philadelphia got so fed up with the prevalence of violent crime in the city that he hired heavily armed security guards to protect his customers and store.

Neil Patel told Fox News that he hired Pennsylvania S.I.T.E. state agents to patrol the site and protect customers after his store was repeatedly ransacked.

"We are tired of this nonsense," he says. "Robbery, drug trafficking, hanging around, gangs. They are forcing us to hire the security, high-level security, state level."

Following the theft of his ATM by a group of vandals, as well has the repeated vandalism of his car, Patel finally felt the need to hire security.

"We wear Kevlar, we are trained, my guards go to training every other week, they're proficient with [their guns] and with their taser, they know the law," said Chief Andre Boyer.

"We're Pennsylvania State Agents and we're not security," he explained. "Basically, what we do is security details when the public calls upon us when the police can't be there."

According to ABC7 News, crime in Philadelphia has risen quite significantly in the last few years, with firearm robberies at gas stations in particular having tripled.

Attorney David Thiruselvam, whose clients are primarily victims of crime, says that he currently has nine people suing gas station after being shot on their premises.

According to Pennsylvania law, owners are responsible for protecting customers from known dangers while on their property.

"When you have shootings and things like that going up and down the street, up and down around you, you should know that could come on your property," Thiruselvam said.

Neighbors and local residents have been mixed about the beefed up security.

"The first week, there was tension from the public seeing someone with an AR shotgun walking around," Boyer said.

"I listen to them, but according to some people, violent people, they carry the guns, they're not afraid of them? This is the protection for the neighborhood and the customers," Patel said.

Regardless of the locals' opinions, the move worked.

Since hiring the security force three weeks ago, his business has not experienced any incidents of loitering or other crimes.

Link

There is a cops house I walk by in the mornings. Most days he has his patrol car out front. Anyway he has his home protected by a protection service: https://ipsglobal.com/

One morning I saw one of their vehicles drive by.

My neighborhood use to be nice.
12-06-2022 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Sicatoka Online
All American

I Root For: North Dakota
RE: Philly gas station hires armed guards to protect against theft
I can save you a dime a gallon in Sauk Rapids, MN.
Well, not sure about y'all, but when I stopped once I got a dime a gallon off.

https://www.twincities.com/2016/06/14/mi...r-robbers/
12-06-2022 03:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
What's an AR shotgun?
12-06-2022 04:19 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
That's what happens when you live in a 3rd world city. I'm sure it's the Republicans fault.
12-06-2022 04:26 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Im fine with it. Cops can not protect you. They mostly respond to crime..not prevent it. They simply can not be everywhere.
12-06-2022 04:27 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(12-06-2022 04:19 PM)Claw Wrote:  What's an AR shotgun?

Magazine fed shotgun.

https://www.americanfirearms.org/best-ar12-shotguns/

12-06-2022 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Semi-auto shotgun on an AR platform designed to look and function similarly to the AR15/M16 rifle. I have 3 of them. They all have the capacity for 5, 9 and 19 round magazines and are direct impingement (gas operated) meaning the gases from the cartridges released when fired throw the bolt carrier group back to eject the fired shell and reload a fresh round into battery. They operate just like any other semi-auto shotgun but do it in "furniture" similar to an AR and they are magazine fed, meaning they consist of an upper and lower assembly and functional mag release buttons and safety switches. They're very cool guns and fun to shoot.
12-06-2022 08:03 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Gotta keep those Danes from stealing stuff….
12-06-2022 08:17 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

Democrat controlled city so not surprising.
12-06-2022 09:13 PM
Advertisement

BlueDragon Online
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Man, I’ve been to some real scary crap holes in this country. Detroit tops list as a destination for human rats preying on folks followed by South Philadelphia. I would hate know I was stuck in either one of these places for any length of time. They make Newark look like a safe place.
12-06-2022 09:52 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(12-06-2022 09:52 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  Man, I’ve been to some real scary crap holes in this country. Detroit tops list as a destination for human rats preying on folks followed by South Philadelphia. I would hate know I was stuck in either one of these places for any length of time. They make Newark look like a safe place.

Detroit was/is a hell hole and Philly was the first time I saw actual slums.
12-06-2022 10:01 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(12-06-2022 04:27 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Im fine with it. Cops can not protect you. They mostly respond to crime..not prevent it. They simply can not be everywhere.

I’m fine with it too.

Cepting that’s not how this is supposed to work. We pay taxes, LOTS of them. For what if not for public safety?

We’re lurching towards anarchy here. The liberal schithole cities are well on their way to chasing businesses out of areas that are no longer safe, then where will the crooks and predators go?

This is how civilized societies break down. Loss of law enforcement, loss of prevention, loss of safe places to raise kids, loss of decent areas for business to thrive.

This is a society in decline, being cheered on by those who will suffer the most.
Sad how the Marxist mindset has been allowed to take hold. Never thought I’d live long enough to see it here.

Embrace it leftists, enjoy it leftists, just don’t try to bring it here. We’re well protected. Thx

Idiots
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2022 11:59 PM by JMUDunk.)
12-06-2022 11:56 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(12-06-2022 08:03 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Semi-auto shotgun on an AR platform designed to look and function similarly to the AR15/M16 rifle. I have 3 of them. They all have the capacity for 5, 9 and 19 round magazines and are direct impingement (gas operated) meaning the gases from the cartridges released when fired throw the bolt carrier group back to eject the fired shell and reload a fresh round into battery. They operate just like any other semi-auto shotgun but do it in "furniture" similar to an AR and they are magazine fed, meaning they consist of an upper and lower assembly and functional mag release buttons and safety switches. They're very cool guns and fun to shoot.
I have a lynx 12 gauge.... basically an AK shotgun.

Have it in the shop at the moment getting pimped out.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
12-07-2022 12:01 AM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(12-07-2022 12:01 AM)maximus Wrote:  
(12-06-2022 08:03 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

I have a lynx 12 gauge.... basically an AK shotgun.

Have it in the shop at the moment getting pimped out.

I have a JTS M12AK. Also an AK shotgun.
12-07-2022 12:21 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Just offer the cops free coffee

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
12-07-2022 07:07 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
And donuts.

My subdivision has a Montgomery County Sheriff's Department substation smack in the middle of it. Not much crime here.

Former subdivision had a convenience store next to the entrance. There was some extra unrented space in the building. The owners converted it to a dispatch center for the county. The c-store owner gave coffee and Krispy Kremes to any law enforcement who stopped by. Always at least a couple of police cars in front.
12-07-2022 09:46 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Memphis gas stations have been doing this since I was born.
12-07-2022 10:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.