Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden* Claims 'More Important Things' Than Visiting Border
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden* Claims 'More Important Things' Than Visiting Border
Quote:President Joe Biden is visiting Arizona on Tuesday to tour a chip manufacturing plant but apparently thinks he’s too good to see the southern border while he’s in the region.

When asked by Fox News White House Correspondent Peter Doocy if he would go down to the border, Biden brushed him off and said it’s not a priority.

“Because there are more important things going on,” Biden said. “They’re going to invest billions of dollars in a new enterprise.”

Yes, it’s true that Taiwan Semiconductor making such a huge investment in north Phoenix is a fantastic economic opportunity. It is being considered a win that is crossing across party lines, so it’s no wonder that Biden would like to take a victory lap conveniently after the midterm election.

Still, Biden and his team should have allotted time to visit Cochise County or Yuma, for example, to address the ongoing humanitarian crisis. There were over two million migrant encounters in 2022, according to Customs and Border Protection data, and there are wide physical gaps at the border as a direct result of Biden stopping the construction of the wall. Those issues are just the tip of the iceberg, as there is poor communication with people wanting to come to the United States and claim asylum, and there’s a concerning amount of drug trafficking into the nation’s interior.

Jobe Dickinson, President of the Border Security Alliance, called the president out on how the fentanyl crisis largely ties to border security.

“During 2022 overdose deaths in AZ rose as high as 41% in year-over-year data published monthly. Illegal fentanyl is the leading cause. How can Pres Biden say while in AZ, he won’t visit the border because “there are more important things going on,” Dickinson tweeted.

Meanwhile, National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd said that “[I]t is apparent Biden cares more about politics than our children, friends and neighbors.”

Local county sheriffs and border agents would likely be more than happy to show Biden the issues taking place in southern Arizona, as they urgently need to be addressed at the federal level. While Texas and Arizona have been doing what they can to secure the border, the Executive Branch holds the bulk of the power to truly make an impact.

Biden is simply wanting to avoid the awkwardness of witnessing his White House’s own failure, which was caused by self-righteousness early in the administration. Their swiftness in getting rid of many Trump-era border policies created a vulnerable situation that has quickly turned into a disaster.

Border communities have been left behind for years, and his latest remarks are a slap in the face to the Southwest.

Link
12-06-2022 12:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Biden* Claims 'More Important Things' Than Visiting Border
Joe Biden is an incompetent evil bastard. He is the personification of everything wrong with USA politics.

To Biden supporters, I say this: You like Donald Trump more than I like Joe Biden.
12-06-2022 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
WTF is a president going to look at a wall or an imaginary line in the sand going to accomplish? 03-zzz

Until congress does something with our immigration policies, the rest is immaterial.

And wasn't trump's top priority the border, etc.? He had 4 years...and accomplished basically nothing in this regard.
12-06-2022 01:04 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(12-06-2022 01:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  WTF is a president going to look at a wall or an imaginary line in the sand going to accomplish? 03-zzz
Until congress does something with our immigration policies, the rest is immaterial.

And wasn't trump's top priority the border, etc.? He had 4 years...and accomplished basically nothing in this regard.

laughable.

Biden has spent a trillion dollars plus through EO... and his EO undid much of what Trump started. No, he didn't finish it.. because Congress wasn't on his side. Biden has both houses.

Get your facts straight or your head out of your ass. Either way is fine with me, but being wrong on both is not. It just makes you look like a tool Tom.... and a 'tool' on a site with few people on your side makes you look foolish. If you want to spout this drivel at liberal cocktail parties, have at it hoss. You'll be the most popular ***** at the ball... but in the REAL world, or on a site where you are in the minority... you look foolish.

Why would you so obviously and intentionally and repeatedly make yourself look so foolish??
12-06-2022 01:17 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Border Patrol Union is right:
Visiting an ice cream shop: Very important
Visiting our border, where illegal immigration, deaths, escapes and fentanyl smuggling set new records non-stop with thousands dying as a result: Not important

Ice cream is much more a priority to the Alzheimer's impacted Biden* than having to go witness the human tragedy unfolding on a DAILY basis at the US southern border.

Biden* could give a beefeater $h1t LESS about any US border issues. He just wants the border wide open so the outrageous INFLOW of drugs and human trafficking can continue.

TOLERATE IT, AMERICA

ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ENDURE THE MASSIVE WAVE OF ILLEGAL ALIENS JUST STROLLING ACROSS THE BORDER AND INTO THEIR COMMUNITIES ON A DAILY BASIS..

THE BIG GUY STILL COLLECTS HIS 10%.
12-06-2022 01:19 PM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-06-2022 01:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  WTF is a president going to look at a wall or an imaginary line in the sand going to accomplish? 03-zzz

Given the amount of pushback from democrats he did pretty well. Certainly better than Biden.

https://www.usnews.com/news/data-mine/ar...nder-trump

The article also points out how high deportations were under Obama yet we didn't hear the crying from the left at the time. Only when Trump did it which shows again the rank hypocrisy of democrats.
12-06-2022 01:33 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(12-06-2022 01:17 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

laughable.

Biden has spent a trillion dollars plus through EO... and his EO undid much of what Trump started. No, he didn't finish it.. because Congress wasn't on his side. Biden has both houses.

Get your facts straight or your head out of your ass. Either way is fine with me, but being wrong on both is not. It just makes you look like a tool Tom.... and a 'tool' on a site with few people on your side makes you look foolish. If you want to spout this drivel at liberal cocktail parties, have at it hoss. You'll be the most popular ***** at the ball... but in the REAL world, or on a site where you are in the minority... you look foolish.

Why would you so obviously and intentionally and repeatedly make yourself look so foolish??

Talk about laughable. Your post.

Biden hasn't done much of anything to improve the border since he's been in office. Don't believe I've ever once defended any of his actions in that regard...other than pointing out that they are catching record numbers of illegals and are seizing huge amounts of drugs.

But the point of my post, you tool, is that any president making a trip to a wall or an imaginary line in the sand, IS NOT GOING TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!

03-rotfl

Watching you slowly descend into basic troll status here has been the highlight of my entire time here! 04-cheers

#ETTD
12-06-2022 01:38 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(12-06-2022 01:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  WTF is a president going to look at a wall or an imaginary line in the sand going to accomplish?

A signal that he gives a damn about the issue, which is more than Biden has been able to provide.
12-06-2022 01:41 PM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(12-06-2022 01:38 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

laughable.

But the point of my post, you tool, is that any president making a trip to a wall or an imaginary line in the sand, IS NOT GOING TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!

And, right there is an insight into how Dems truly feel about our nation, where the border is simply "an imaginary line in the sand".

You'd do better to simply say that we want tens of millions of people coming into the country illegally, so we can win more elections. Just tell the truth.
12-06-2022 01:44 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
There you go folks. Biden has more important things to do.

God only knows who is strolling in across the border every day but COME ON, MAN. WHO CARES !!
12-06-2022 01:54 PM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:

laughable.

Biden hasn't done much of anything to improve the border since he's been in office. Don't believe I've ever once defended any of his actions in that regard...other than pointing out that they are catching record numbers of illegals and are seizing huge amounts of drugs.

03-rotfl

Watching you slowly descend into basic troll status here has been the highlight of my entire time here! 04-cheers

#ETTD

And why are they catching record numbers of illegals and seizing drugs? Could it be that there is less deterrence than there was during Trump? More people attempting to cross equals more being caught. It's really not that complicated.
12-06-2022 02:02 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis

laughable.

03-rotfl

#ETTD

#HoodwinkedTaintedLeftWingRimJobberTom
12-06-2022 02:03 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(12-06-2022 02:02 PM)bearcat65 Wrote:  

laughable.

03-rotfl

#ETTD

And why are they catching record numbers of illegals and seizing drugs? Could it be that there is less deterrence than there was during Trump? More people attempting to cross equals more being caught. It's really not that complicated.

But I thought Biden opened the borders? How are they catching them then?

Get your story straight, bud.
12-06-2022 02:22 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(12-06-2022 02:03 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

laughable.

03-rotfl

#ETTD

#HoodwinkedTaintedLeftWingRimJobberTom

#DumbAssWorthlessTrollClosetedHomosexualContinuallyMakingGayReferences
12-06-2022 02:26 PM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-06-2022 02:22 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(12-06-2022 02:02 PM)bearcat65 Wrote:  

laughable.

03-rotfl

#ETTD

But I thought Biden opened the borders? How are they catching them then?

Get your story straight, bud.

He removed some of the deterrence put in place by Trump. That results in more illegals trying to cross, more people trying to cross equals more apprehensions, less people trying to cross equals less apprehensions. I know logic is difficult for those on the left but this is really simple.
12-06-2022 03:06 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

I agree that Congress needs bipartisan legislation to address this..but..to say Trump accomplished zero is a falsehood and you know better. If our current POTUS had continued his work and policies we would "undeniably" not have the flood of illegals coming across we do now. Biden incentivized them to come with his reversal of policies and his inaction. That's not even up for debate Tom.07-coffee3
12-06-2022 04:37 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(12-06-2022 01:38 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Talk about laughable. Your post.

The only thing laughable about my post is that I bother to engage with you. You used to be a decent poster whom I simply disagreed with... but you've become an absolute joke.

Quote:Biden hasn't done much of anything to improve the border since he's been in office.

Well, we agree on that.

Quote:Don't believe I've ever once defended any of his actions in that regard...other than pointing out that they are catching record numbers of illegals and are seizing huge amounts of drugs.

You just did. 'Catching' things isn't a bad thing of course, but if you're getting record numbers of people and drugs caught, imagine what you're missing. You have no idea that he's doing 'better', especially since you've said you haven't once defended him... so even you haven't said he's done anything well here. If drug smuggling is up 50% and those caught is up 30%, how is that 'better'??

Quote:But the point of my post, you tool, is that any president making a trip to a wall or an imaginary line in the sand, IS NOT GOING TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!{/quote]

Oh good lord Tom... You can't even come up with your own insult. You have to try and steal mine.

NOTHING Biden does accomplishes anything, because he's incompetent... but as numbers mentioned, if a President makes something a focus, it usually does at least move the needle a little. That said, the article you are looking at DOES quote local officials pointing specifically at the cancellation of the wall completion that has lead to some of these issues... so obviously Biden CAN do something. Never understimate Joe's ability to eff things up.

[quote]

I'M trolling?? lol. Okay Gunga Din.

Seriously Tom... you're supposedly a man of some age and maturity... yet you're quite literally the biggest troll on here... and the best you have is insults like a 15yr old girl. You have no facts... you have no integrity. Even your own links and supporting articles don't agree with you. I've honestly lost all respect for you. You USED to be a decent poster... and all you have now is insults... and not even good or apropriate ones.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2022 10:48 PM by Hambone10.)
12-06-2022 10:48 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Once again Tom shows us who he really is, a partisan hack who cares more about appearances than he does about action.
12-06-2022 11:55 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(12-06-2022 11:55 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Once again Tom shows us who he really is, a partisan hack who cares more about appearances than he does about action.

Tom cares only about his Soros-sourced paycheck.

Remunerated idiocy.
12-07-2022 05:57 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Biden* Claims 'More Important Things' Than Visiting Border
Just want to say that the illegals did an awesome job on my paver patio last year

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
12-07-2022 07:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.