Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official Thread 2nd SBCbbs Hunger Games
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Official Thread 2nd SBCbbs Hunger Games
Our 24 sacrificial lambs err Tributes arrived at our Island Arena today coming from many walks of life with only one purpose. To metaphorically speaking, savagely commit heinous acts of bloodshed. 24 tributes may rise to our island today, but at the end of their time here, 23 of them will be metaphorically dead to us, and one will be crowned our champion.

(Moderators Note: Any tribute actions are in bold)

The favorites going into this have to be the "Division Champs alliance" of KickittoScotty, JMU007, TroyFan15, and TroyFootball05. The 4 of them come in today united against one common enemy....Coastal Carolina. And they have been working together to make sure their enemy is vanquished. Indeed, if the Arena was entirely made of Teal, I'd expect an easy win, but alas, no Coastal fans signed up for our sadistic experiment. Grayson McCall tried to play, but he failed his urine test. It didn't come back teal.

The former CUSA groups should be an interesting battle as well. GDunn has aligned himself with a bunch of Marshall fans. As newcomers to our scene, no one quite knows what to expect from this group. Rileylives remains the wildcard of this group, for we all know his heart is certainly not Gold, and he seems eager to do anything to win these games.

The ODU fan alliance has beeen vocal about their chances as well. They have been largely ignored, because well I mean, its ODU, but someone must give them a chance, so I mention them here.

There are wildcards and side alliances all around. Somehow CatMom has inserted herself into several different groups for protection. OsageJ and Slycat remain the clear underdogs coming in, but you can never trust anyone in these games.

Also, beware of the App fans...for they may not be active on the thread, but the PM's do be flowing.

Special Guest Keith Gill is here metaphorically today to welcome our tributes as they prepare for the final battle. There will be other Special guests as well as the days go on.

All 24 tributes load into their tubes and rise slowly into the arena as the battle gets ready to begin

TO BE CONTINUED 8PM CT
12-05-2022 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Official Thread 2nd SBCbbs Hunger Games
Oh snap!
12-05-2022 10:44 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Scott Hall once said..

Hard work pays off
Dreams come true
Tough times don't last
But Bad Guys do
12-05-2022 10:54 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(12-05-2022 10:54 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Scott Hall once said..

Hard work pays off
Dreams come true
Tough times don't last
But Bad Guys do

[Image: 737vck.jpg]
12-05-2022 10:58 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Maybe should have considered an alliance...time to die within 5 minutes or hid alone in camouflage and wait it out will everyone else fights.
12-05-2022 11:05 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-05-2022 11:05 AM)slycat Wrote:  Maybe should have considered an alliance...time to die within 5 minutes or hid alone in camouflage and wait it out will everyone else fights.

While like many in the games, the odds aren't really in your favor, the chance is still there if you can make the late game.
12-05-2022 02:51 PM
Advertisement

CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Alas, I will miss anything that may happen tomorrow, or just miss the posting from tonight, for a bit.

Getting solar put in/on and our electric will be out for 4-8 hours thus, so will my wifi.
I may attempt to get on using my phone, though. Not used to that.
12-05-2022 03:10 PM
jmu007 Online
All American

I Root For: JMU
LETS GOooooooooo
12-05-2022 08:04 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

Cracked open a beer waiting for these results going to be a great read!
12-05-2022 09:09 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Day 1:

Our Tributes rise into an Island arena, they stand on pedestal's just off the beach in the ocean in a full circle, with each Tribute roughly 12 feet apart from its closest competitor. They stare in the middle, where a floating island has been created with the gigantic cornucopia filled with every weapon and supply the heart could desire in a fight to the death, including oddly enough sitting in the middle a very large book. It was dusty and looked as if it hadn't been opened for years, if ever. The title in big letters at the top reads "The Official Bylaws and rules governing Conference USA" The book looked neglected, it had clearly seen its better days.

"Good morning Tributes" comes the cool voice of Keith Gill, today's master of ceremonies. We're not sure how he got convinced to start a metaphorical fight to the death, but somehow, we got him. "Welcome to the 2nd annual SBCbbs Hunger Games" he continues. "Good Luck, may the odds be ever in your favor, and may the best and most savage beast win the day" With that a countdown from 10 starts and the games are about to begin.

Staring ahead of them our tributes await patiently. Eager to make the first move CC Eagle nearly falls off his platform to his doom, but just manages to keep his balance. The Cannon sounds and we are off.

All 24 tributes dive into the water headed different directions. OsageJ pays no attention to the Cornucopia at all, grabs the first thing he can find, a set of matches, and sprints off into the woods on the island. Our leaders to the Cornucopia include the Division champs alliance of TroyFan15, Troyfootball 05, KickitToScotty and JMU007. They split an axe, spear, and Machete between the 4 of them, leaving a bemused JMU007 a pair of Shears, and all turn ready to right. Other tributes are now arriving and begin to load up with Knives, Arrows, Spears, anything they can get their hands on. They all turn to begin the fight when suddenly...A yellow Blur flies by them.

GDunn has raced ahead of all the tributes, grabbed a knife and curiously the CUSA Bylaws. He ducks 3 thrown knives in different directions, and heads for land screaming "I MUST KNOW THE TRUTH!" Watching this from the edge of the Cornucopia, MarshallHerdzFans watches and decides he must know the Truth as well. He sprints after GDunn, but his dodging is not as good. From out of nowhere a Knife flies out of Yosef's 181 right hand, and lands squarely in MarshallHerdFanz chest. Our first death of the day never knew what hit him, and he falls flat in the water. "Wrong conference dude" shouts Yosef181 as he grabs HerdFanz gear and sprints to the forrest with his ally GreatAppState in hot pursuit. "We'll see you losers in the mountains" yells the pair as they sprint off.

The Cornucopia is now picked clean as HighCountryStudent debates whether to follow his App Comrades. He decides to sprint off with a knife, but doesn't get very far when suddenly SlyCat armed with a Trusty Bow and arrow, shoots an arrow that lands squarely in HighCountryStudent's neck Slowly bleeding out HCS falls to the ground where SlyCat pounces with a knife. He stabs and stabs over and over screaming "YOU WILL NEVER TALK DOWN TO TEXAS STATE AGAIN!!!!" After 12 stab wounds, High Country Student takes his last breath

SlyCat lets out a primordial scream grabs a HCS's gear and sprints to the forrest.

Watching from a distance, CatMom sits in the shade with Thunderstruck and Islandheard1 perhaps the oddest alliance you would ever see. Slowly she fiddles with a spear that doesn't quite befit a lady of her stature, but nothing but loathing in her heart. "I'm glad he let him know that we Bobcats will not be bullied anymore, It's Our Conference Now" Slowly, her allies look at her, hardly sure whether to laugh, or say nothing. They instead mutter half agreements and head into the Woods.

All 22 of our remaining tributes have entered the woods. 2 are dead, but the day is only beginning. Join us tomorrow at 2pm CT for the conclusion of Day 1 before Day 2 is posted tomorrow night!

22 remain, 2 dead.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022 09:17 PM by chiefsfan.)
12-05-2022 09:14 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Oh the truth will be revealed. No gag order here
12-05-2022 09:17 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

DAMN, 12 stabs to the neck, y'all ar gonna be brutal as hell!

Love it, the build up to day one was awesome and definitely worth the wait. Awesome read!
12-05-2022 09:20 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Please note, not all of you will appear in the early days reads. There's far too many of you to put together in a single post. Anyone who didn't read their name here is alive and in the woods. I'll post the 2nd half of Day 1 tomorrow.
12-05-2022 09:24 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-05-2022 09:17 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Oh the truth will be revealed. No gag order here

Please be careful with that thing, it looks like it hasn't been touched in years.
12-05-2022 09:30 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(12-05-2022 09:30 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-05-2022 09:17 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Oh the truth will be revealed. No gag order here

Please be careful with that thing, it looks like it hasn't been touched in years.

We had to replace it with a pop up book for the CLT fans and one with pictures for the UNT fans.
12-05-2022 09:47 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

Well that was fun. Least I was first lol
12-05-2022 09:52 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

(12-05-2022 09:47 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(12-05-2022 09:30 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

We had to replace it with a pop up book for the CLT fans and one with pictures for the UNT fans.

Only few really know what's inside the book of bylaws. It's full of over erased pages, with erased out pencil lines, scribbled out legal jargon and stains from multiple over corrections over the years.

It's bound with the classic '90s paper bag book protector, and Judy's scribbled hearts "NKOTB" emblems everywhere.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022 09:56 PM by rileylives.)
12-05-2022 09:54 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Cold blooded haha
12-05-2022 09:57 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(12-05-2022 09:52 PM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  Well that was fun. Least I was first lol

Hey if you ain’t first you’re last
12-05-2022 09:57 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

To my alliance brothers I hope your next.
12-05-2022 10:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.