Coastal to hire NC State OC Tim Beck as next HC
12-04-2022 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

APPrising Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
RE: Coastal to hire NC State OC Tim Beck as next HC
All my NC State friends are saying Christmas came early for them.
12-04-2022 02:12 PM
stAteNation Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas State
Not feeling this one.
12-04-2022 02:16 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
(12-04-2022 02:12 PM)APPrising Wrote:  All my NC State friends are saying Christmas came early for them.

From what I've gathered: He's a great recruiter and developer of talent.

I've heard he's not a good play caller. So hopefully somebody else will be calling plays.
12-04-2022 02:19 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

(12-04-2022 02:16 PM)stAteNation Wrote:  Not feeling this one.

Sounds like NC State's biggest gripe was with his play calling. His recruiting and player development has had some pretty good reviews.

I'm ok with it as long as we bring in a solid OC not entrapped by conservative play calling.
12-04-2022 02:29 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
His PPG (excluding FCS) is very meh.
12-04-2022 02:30 PM
Advertisement

GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
One thing for sure. The option offense is leaving with Chadwell. Complete new scheme and roster turnover incoming.
12-04-2022 02:38 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Well I hope he turns out to be a good one… we don’t need any SB teams taking steps backwards
12-04-2022 02:39 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

(12-04-2022 02:38 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  One thing for sure. The option offense is leaving with Chadwell. Complete new scheme and roster turnover incoming.

Probably not a terrible thing...

I think Beck will recruit better than Chadwell.
12-04-2022 02:43 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
(12-04-2022 02:19 PM)TealNation Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 02:12 PM)APPrising Wrote:  All my NC State friends are saying Christmas came early for them.

I've heard he's not a good play caller. So hopefully somebody else will be calling plays.

Cig is that type of coach, incredible recruiter and developer but just about every loss he's had here has come with some really frustrating and head scratching in-game decisions/playcalling. I hope Beck is just as successful for you guys as Cig has been for us, and hope he saves most of those frustrating losses for his JMU games! 04-cheers
12-04-2022 02:47 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

(12-04-2022 02:47 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 02:19 PM)TealNation Wrote:  

Cig is that type of coach, incredible recruiter and developer but just about every loss he's had here has come with some really frustrating and head scratching in-game decisions/playcalling. I hope Beck is just as successful for you guys as Cig has been for us, and hope he saves most of those frustrating losses for his JMU games! 04-cheers

Yeah, Beck is from Ohio so I can see him wanting to retire at the beach as well. I hope it works out.

I'm interested to see who ends up being on the staff. It'll be hard to find a worse defensive coordinator than we've had with Staggs. The defensive secondary was atrocious.
12-04-2022 03:09 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
And I thought TXST hired fast
12-04-2022 03:26 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Wish Beck the best. It will be interesting, the Pack should see if it was Doreen or Beck as the conservative play caller.
12-04-2022 07:23 PM
El Chanto Offline
1st String

I Root For: CoastalCarolina
Looking forward to the Tim Beck era in Conway! He's friends with The Mogul and I trust Coach Moglia's judgment when it comes to assessing talent. Our future match-ups with Jamey Chadwell & the Flaming Poolboys will be interesting too (assuming he's still in charge for the duration):

08/31 - at Liberty

09/18 - Liberty

10/14 - at Liberty

09/29 - at Liberty
12-04-2022 07:34 PM
Dirty Myrtle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Coastal
(12-04-2022 02:43 PM)TealNation Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 02:38 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  One thing for sure. The option offense is leaving with Chadwell. Complete new scheme and roster turnover incoming.

I think moving away from the option would be a terrible thing. As far as I’m concerned, if you can’t recruit a big imposing OL, you better have a QB and RBs who can make moves outside the tackles. To me, that’s why we’ve done so well with McCall just like why South Carolina’s best years ever were with Connor Shaw at QB…. smallish non-imposing OL requires a mobile QB.
12-04-2022 07:35 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

(12-04-2022 07:35 PM)Dirty Myrtle Wrote:  

I think moving away from the option would be a terrible thing. As far as I’m concerned, if you can’t recruit a big imposing OL, you better have a QB and RBs who can make moves outside the tackles. To me, that’s why we’ve done so well with McCall just like why South Carolina’s best years ever were with Connor Shaw at QB…. smallish non-imposing OL requires a mobile QB.

I really don't know. The "spread option" offense looked pretty bad with every QB not named McCall. Couldn't run or pass the ball. I'm not sure if the scheme limited the type of talent we needed but I'm convinced it could've. You have to recruit a certain type of player. Limits your pool considerably in the portal and recruiting in general in my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2022 07:56 PM by TealNation.)
12-04-2022 07:53 PM
Advertisement

Dirty Myrtle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Coastal
(12-04-2022 07:53 PM)TealNation Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 07:35 PM)Dirty Myrtle Wrote:  

I really don't know. The "spread option" offense looked pretty bad with every QB not named McCall. Couldn't run or pass the ball. I'm not sure if the scheme limited the type of talent we needed but I'm convinced it could've. You have to recruit a certain type of player. Limits your pool considerably in the portal and recruiting in general in my opinion.

The true best QB behind McCall is supposed to be Redshirt Brice Archie, who was the big recruit in last year’s class. He’s supposed to be of McCall’s skill-set. I hope he doesn’t decide to jet, my guess is if he stays, he’ll be the QB, not Guest
12-04-2022 08:16 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
(12-04-2022 02:39 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Well I hope he turns out to be a good one… we don’t need any SB teams taking steps backwards

Easy to say when you're on top, but it's going to happen to just about every program at one point or another. Quick scan shows Troy has taken steps backward several times over the last 20 years.

This could be a gutting of Coastal's program but as long as the school stays committed to investing resources they should be back if that happens. I think it's that commitment from SBC schools across the board that will raise all programs as a whole and get us to push each other.
12-04-2022 08:49 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

(12-04-2022 08:16 PM)Dirty Myrtle Wrote:  The true best QB behind McCall is supposed to be Redshirt Brice Archie, who was the big recruit in last year’s class. He’s supposed to be of McCall’s skill-set. I hope he doesn’t decide to jet, my guess is if he stays, he’ll be the QB, not Guest

I believe Archie is also playing baseball for Coastal as well. He retweeted McCall"s "Chants vs the World" tweet today, so I'm hoping he's on board to stay. Beck is said to be solid developer of QBs, so it would probably be a good decision for him regarding his growth.
12-04-2022 08:54 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
(12-04-2022 07:34 PM)El Chanto Wrote:  Looking forward to the Tim Beck era in Conway! He's friends with The Mogul and I trust Coach Moglia's judgment when it comes to assessing talent. Our future match-ups with Jamey Chadwell & the Flaming Poolboys will be interesting too (assuming he's still in charge for the duration):

08/31 - at Liberty

09/18 - Liberty

10/14 - at Liberty

09/29 - at Liberty

What’s the deal with the 3 for one? They get P5 billing in Conway?
12-04-2022 09:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.