Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: How important is Tulane’s championship win for the long term success of the AAC?
Critical, perception is reality
Substantial
Moderately
Doesn’t matter
[Show Results]

How important is Tulane’s championship win for the long-term success of the AAC?
B easy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
How important is Tulane’s championship win for the long-term success of the AAC?
Congrats Tulane! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2022 07:56 PM by B easy.)
12-03-2022 07:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: How important is Tulane’s championship win for the long-term success of the AAC?
Congratulations Tulane. That’s 6 straight for the AAC
12-03-2022 08:04 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies
RE: How important is Tulane’s championship win for the long-term success of the AAC?
I think it helps a little in the short term, which could have long term effects. Structurally the league was already in a great place to remain the clear #6, which is now even more meaningful.
12-03-2022 08:06 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
Doesn’t matter because Big 12 will just steal them away if they keep on winning.
12-03-2022 08:07 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says congrats Tulane!!
12-03-2022 08:08 PM
ECU#7 Offline
2nd String

Greta season Tulane. Now go win your bowl game
12-03-2022 08:10 PM
Advertisement

CougarPoop Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The DOW!!!
Yep. Got to finish!!!!

Get blown out in the NY6, they still say we don't belong.
12-03-2022 08:12 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
(12-03-2022 08:07 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Doesn’t matter because Big 12 will just steal them away if they keep on winning.

Crunch all you want. We’ll make more.
12-03-2022 08:24 PM
STL_Wave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
(12-03-2022 08:07 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Doesn’t matter because Big 12 will just steal them away if they keep on winning.

Can we send Louisville to the Big12 and go to the ACC? Feels like a better fit 04-cheers
12-03-2022 08:32 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
I felt like it was very important for someone other than Cincy, UCF, and Houston to win it this year while those schools were still in the conference.
12-03-2022 08:36 PM
STL_Wave Offline
1st String

(12-03-2022 08:36 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  I felt like it was very important for someone other than Cincy, UCF, and Houston to win it this year while those schools were still in the conference.

100%

And the fact that we beat them all. And we legitimately beat each one, we won those games. Not "they lost".

I know we're gonna be lucky to hold onto Fritz for even one more year, but man if we can.... this could be the start of something very special!
12-03-2022 08:38 PM
Advertisement

8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Need Cindy, UCF, and Houston to be in the top half of the B12 next year.
12-03-2022 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ECU#7 Offline
2nd String

(12-03-2022 08:39 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Need Cindy, UCF, and Houston to be in the top half of the B12 next year.

Sorry I hope all 3 lose every game they play05-stirthepot
12-03-2022 08:52 PM
Meow Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
(12-03-2022 08:38 PM)STL_Wave Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 08:36 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  I felt like it was very important for someone other than Cincy, UCF, and Houston to win it this year while those schools were still in the conference.

100%

And the fact that we beat them all. And we legitimately beat each one, we won those games. Not "they lost".

I know we're gonna be lucky to hold onto Fritz for even one more year, but man if we can.... this could be the start of something very special!

Highly doubt he goes anywhere at this point. Early 60’s and isn’t going to Georgia Tech after all. My guess is he stays at Tulane till he’s ready to retire. Turning around another program at his age just seems like tall order.
12-03-2022 08:57 PM
STL_Wave Offline
1st String

(12-03-2022 08:57 PM)Meow Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 08:38 PM)STL_Wave Wrote:  

100%

Highly doubt he goes anywhere at this point. Early 60’s and isn’t going to Georgia Tech after all. My guess is he stays at Tulane till he’s ready to retire. Turning around another program at his age just seems like tall order.

Other than Tulane, he won 8+ win in his second season everywhere he's been. In a half decent p5, he could be competing by year 3. That's doable if he leaves this year/next year.

Mizzou might open up. Arkasnas might open up. Ok State might open up.

I'd love for him to stay until he retires but realistically he has about 10 years left, still plenty of time for him to try at the p5 level.
12-03-2022 09:02 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
I am actually starting to get excited about the future of the conference after Tulane’s win.

UTSA is solid. I think FAU will be solid in the near future. Charlotte umm, at least they are trying. I don’t know about Dilfer and UAB. We’ll see where that goes. Rice and UNT, they’re bowl bound, I will give them that.

I am ready to see what the new look AAC can do.
12-03-2022 09:14 PM
Advertisement

Crazier Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Makes more optimistic about the future. ECU is trending up. UTSA will come in and compete. Just hope we don't become a doormat because of our administration.
12-03-2022 09:34 PM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
Nothing but respect for what UCF has done since Joining the AAC, but Tulane had to win this year, they have been on a "UCF type" run this year.
12-03-2022 09:49 PM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
(12-03-2022 09:14 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  I am actually starting to get excited about the future of the conference after Tulane’s win.

UTSA is solid. I think FAU will be solid in the near future. Charlotte umm, at least they are trying. I don’t know about Dilfer and UAB. We’ll see where that goes. Rice and UNT, they’re bowl bound, I will give them that.

I am ready to see what the new look AAC can do.

The new AAC will be sitting pretty in the new 12 team playoff system.
12-03-2022 09:54 PM
mustangxc Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
Congrats Tulane! That is awesome! Way to represent!
12-03-2022 10:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.