Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News ADP Jobs Numbers Released and They’re Horrible – 100,000 Manufacturing Jobs Gone
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
ADP Jobs Numbers Released and They’re Horrible – 100,000 Manufacturing Jobs Gone
Quote:US Manufacturing has taken a massive, deadly blow under Democrats, and Joe Biden has put the nail in the coffin. After suffering labor shortages and the dumbing down of the labor force for years and agitating people with disharmony over invented cultural strife, the United States has suffered greatly. Democrats are now proudly boasting that what remains of US innovation will need to be shipped to our competitors- China.

New job reports show massive losses in that area- and that many Americans would prefer to be waitresses- or something that like anyway. So that is ok-right?

Their reasoning that wealth-building manufacturing is over; according to Democrats, is – Americans are lazy. Really it likely has more to do with a focus on social justice and leading people into a sense of their own victimhood- bombarding people with climate change hysteria to the point that people can’t learn, grow and work.

Consider these reports on the status of the American worker today, who are focused on their feelings and concerns and paralyzed in helplessness so that they can not build marketable skills.

Perhaps COVID and climate change hysteria built THIS:

Perhaps Social Justice and victimhood built this:

Of course, Conservative Populists know it is really that Democrats have spent at least 40 years destroying American’s mind and spirit and our government system, so their political idols could sell ‘what makes us great’ to the highest bidder.

Fox News reported on the latest developments in the greatest usurpation of our lifetimes- (the Free Market Economy is over.)

“President Joe Biden on Tuesday suggested that manufacturing jobs, rather than products, were sent overseas to China and elsewhere because the United States became “lazy.”

placeholderThe president made those remarks during an appearance in Bay City, Mich., where he toured a technology plant to highlight a $300 million expansion.
The South Korean company SK Siltron is expected to quadruple its production in the coming years at the plant. It’s the latest in a series of massive foreign investments in the U.S. manufacturing and technology sectors trumpeted by Biden amid a push by his administration to on-shore production of key components and products after the COVID-19 pandemic pushed long-simmering supply chain issues to the brink.
While touting the achievements of his administration, Biden said investing in domestic chip production will bring the supply chain to the United States rather than “relying on chips made overseas in places like China.”

Fox continued:

“We invented the chip in America. Then we got lazy. Federal investment helped reduce the cost of creating … an entire industry that America led,” Biden said. “As a result, over 30 years ago, America produced 30% of all the chips in the world.

“Then something happened. American manufacturing, the backbone of our economy, got hollowed out. Companies began to move jobs overseas instead of products overseas because it was cheaper for them,” Biden said. “And guess what? A lot of businesses got greedy. Go to the cheap labor overseas. Well, now we’re sending good products overseas made by first-class labor folks.”

The U.S. Senate voted to give China permanent most-favored nation status on Sept. 19, 2000, paving the way for China’s entry into the World Trade Organization. As a senator, Biden consistently voted in favor of MFN status for China since it was first granted during the Carter administration in 1980.

After years of depressing abuse by our centralized government prohibiting the innovative spirit and allowing Americans to be bombarded with self-esteem-killing narratives hurled at them from every-single government institution- is it really any wonder that Americans became ‘lazy’, or completely numbed out to the perils of living under these uniparty Marxists- who have sought ultimate dominance over our lives?
And while flooding the country with cheap labor from illegal foreigners with Joe Biden’s open Southern border. These are the policy demands that we are told are wildly popular and that the American people vote for in overwhelming numbers at the polls.

Is it true that Americans love being scared paralyzed victims? New reports on jobs show that they are also going to be unemployed scared victims.

“BIDEN ECONOMY: ADP Jobs Numbers Released and They’re Horrible – 100,000 Manufacturing Jobs are gone,” Joe Hoft reported for Gateway Pundit, adding:

The Biden economy is a mess and it’s getting worse. Now even the far-left media can’t hide the mess.

Why would any union member vote for Joe Biden?

The brakes came on abruptly for the private job market in November. Companies added just 127,000 positions for the month, a steep reduction from the 239,000 the firm reported for October and well below the Dow Jones estimate for 190,000. It also was the lowest total since January 2021.

This doesn’t bode well for either the Federal Reserve’s interest rate policies attempting to stem inflation and stave off a deep recession, nor encouraging for the job market going forward. The big number to take from the ADP report?

100,00 manufacturing jobs gone

The ADP jobs report came in below expectations. I read it as really bad. We lost 100k manufacturing jobs. The only increase was leisure and hospitality. This often means people picking up 2nd jobs,’ Frog Capital (@FrogNews) Posted on Twitter on November 30, 2022.

Zerohedge also commented on these numbers:

“These are disastrous numbers.” zerohedge (@zerohedge) posted on Twitter on November 30, 2022.

The bigger problem is that this is not the end of this. It may be the beginning.

Link
12-01-2022 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: ADP Jobs Numbers Released and They’re Horrible – 100,000 Manufacturing Jobs Gone
That's crazy. Around SW Ohio none of the manufacturing companies can find employees. They are begging people to work. I'm surprised its a negative right now.
12-01-2022 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
RE: ADP Jobs Numbers Released and They’re Horrible – 100,000 Manufacturing Jobs Gone
(12-01-2022 12:37 PM)mlb Wrote:  That's crazy. Around SW Ohio none of the manufacturing companies can find employees. They are begging people to work. I'm surprised its a negative right now.

Yeah, doesnt mean the jobs are unavailable. I think the point is you have such a large amount of younger people that want their lunch on a platter paid for by the company or they quit and go back to mom's house.
12-01-2022 12:43 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(12-01-2022 12:43 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(12-01-2022 12:37 PM)mlb Wrote:  That's crazy. Around SW Ohio none of the manufacturing companies can find employees. They are begging people to work. I'm surprised its a negative right now.

Yeah, doesnt mean the jobs are unavailable. I think the point is you have such a large amount of younger people that want their lunch on a platter paid for by the company or they quit and go back to mom's house.

If that is the case, then this headline is blatantly false. It says gone, not unfilled.
12-01-2022 12:46 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston

That was definitely true 6 months ago and still is for some companies. Depending on who they are and what they make---more and more companies are not really hiring--even though they appear to have a lot of openings on the job search platforms---mainly because current pending orders are off so much. Retail inventories have grown and unit sales are falling (understand retail sales are not necessarily falling in dollar terms due to inflation---but unit sales are). Thus---with new incoming manufacturing orders falling off a cliff---a pull back in manufacturing employment is EXACTLY what one would expect to see given the current economic climate.

In other words, there really arent as many job openings as there appear to be. Evidence of that is the steady rise in the "continuing claims" unemployment numbers that seem to indicate that finding a new job isnt quite as easy as the job opening numbers would suggest it should be.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022 12:53 PM by Attackcoog.)
12-01-2022 12:50 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss

The elephant in the room regarding job openings not being filled is the number of the under 30 crowd that smoke weed. If those "manufacturer jobs" require drug testing, and you know they ALL do, the employee pool is a lot smaller than it was 10+ years ago. Especially for that group without a college degree. ALL of my kid's friends smoke it. It absolutely amazes me.
12-01-2022 12:50 PM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
The tip of the RECESSION iceberg....2023 will be eye-opening.

More Boomers are leaving the workplace due to retirement as well, and there simply are NOT enough knowledgeable employees to fill THAT huge gap.
12-01-2022 12:51 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
I retired from my job as a quality engineer right after covid because we could not get people to come back to work because they were being paid more by the government. That left less or unqualified people on the production lines thus quality fails went through the roof. I told them they needed to dramatically improve the training programs or not run some of the lines with unqualified employees. They looked at me like I farted out loud so I told them good luck and quit.
12-01-2022 12:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(12-01-2022 12:50 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  The elephant in the room regarding job openings not being filled is the number of the under 30 crowd that smoke weed. If those "manufacturer jobs" require drug testing, and you know they ALL do, the employee pool is a lot smaller than it was 10+ years ago. Especially for that group without a college degree. ALL of my kid's friends smoke it. It absolutely amazes me.

Probably has more to do with their insurance policies than anything else. Eventually weed will not be something that causes an issue with their insurance, but until then the manufacturing can't accept the risk of someone cutting a finger off with THC in their system.
12-01-2022 12:56 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(12-01-2022 12:55 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  I retired from my job as a quality engineer right after covid because we could not get people to come back to work because they were being paid more by the government. That left less or unqualified people on the production lines thus quality fails went through the roof. I told them they needed to dramatically improve the training programs or not run some of the lines with unqualified employees. They looked at me like I farted out loud so I told them good luck and quit.

Little did those people realize they'd pay all that govt money back plus more due to inflation.
12-01-2022 12:57 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(12-01-2022 12:57 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(12-01-2022 12:55 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  I retired from my job as a quality engineer right after covid because we could not get people to come back to work because they were being paid more by the government. That left less or unqualified people on the production lines thus quality fails went through the roof. I told them they needed to dramatically improve the training programs or not run some of the lines with unqualified employees. They looked at me like I farted out loud so I told them good luck and quit.

Little did those people realize they'd pay all that govt money back plus more due to inflation.

yep. It was mainly younger workers. The seasoned employees all came back.
12-01-2022 01:02 PM
Advertisement

bobdizole Online
All American

I Root For: MT
(12-01-2022 12:50 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  

The elephant in the room regarding job openings not being filled is the number of the under 30 crowd that smoke weed. If those "manufacturer jobs" require drug testing, and you know they ALL do, the employee pool is a lot smaller than it was 10+ years ago. Especially for that group without a college degree. ALL of my kid's friends smoke it. It absolutely amazes me.

If they started testing for alchohol like they did weed there would be no filled jobs in manufacturing. Maybe they shouldn't test for either unless their is a work place incident.
12-01-2022 01:12 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn

That is not lazy, that is entitlement.
12-01-2022 01:12 PM
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(12-01-2022 12:51 PM)boss man Wrote:  The tip of the RECESSION iceberg....2023 will be eye-opening.

More Boomers are leaving the workplace due to retirement as well, and there simply are NOT enough knowledgeable employees to fill THAT huge gap.

I think Stink said this will all be seen by the 2nd quarter in 2023. I think it was something like that and I believe he might be right.
12-01-2022 01:14 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
We've covered this many times before, the ADP numbers are not the official numbers from the BLS that will be released tomorrow. Many times they are different by quite a lot. No not saying tomorrow's numbers will be "better". They may actually be "worse". Just saying that these aren't always indicative of...well anything.
12-01-2022 01:17 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Unemployment number comes out tomorrow. It has to come in within a very narrow range. If it comes in too high, rate increases will continue. If the number is too low, more recession fears. But the economy is just fine.
12-01-2022 01:43 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

I've semi retired since June after a 39 year stint in manufacturing. Im just working the hours that SS will allow me without penalty. We can't find any decent workers..period. All that is out there now idiots that got a very poor HS education and have ZERO work ethic or convicts and people with so much baggage that they can't be depended on. If our business is any indication...Manufacturing is in trouble.
12-01-2022 02:51 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(12-01-2022 01:12 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  

If they started testing for alchohol like they did weed there would be no filled jobs in manufacturing. Maybe they shouldn't test for either unless their is a work place incident.

I point blank have told new hires that I didn't give a schit what they do on their own time but they must be sober for 8 hours a day at work. Hasn't really been a problem. What is a problem is lack of a work ethic and constant outside issues that keep them out of work.
12-01-2022 02:55 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(12-01-2022 02:55 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(12-01-2022 01:12 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  

I point blank have told new hires that I didn't give a schit what they do on their own time but they must be sober for 8 hours a day at work. Hasn't really been a problem. What is a problem is lack of a work ethic and constant outside issues that keep them out of work.
Same. 100% of my employees smoke weed. I don’t care as long as they show up to work and do their jobs.
12-01-2022 03:03 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(12-01-2022 01:17 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  We've covered this many times before, the ADP numbers are not the official numbers from the BLS that will be released tomorrow. Many times they are different by quite a lot. No not saying tomorrow's numbers will be "better". They may actually be "worse". Just saying that these aren't always indicative of...well anything.

Then why are they used, Tom??

No, they don't measure exactly the same thing as the BLS, but they certainly do measure SOMETHING... and that SOMETHING is also estimated by wall street and others, and it came in low.

These are not people merely speculating on a sports book for fun or profit.... these are people who are trying to get insight into the economy... and a disappointing number is a disappointing number... and absolutely IS indicative of 'something'.

Yes, BLS could be better or worse, because it measures something different from what this measures... but if you're suggesting that nobody is CHANGING their estimates or bets on BLS as a result of this number, you're crazy.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022 03:24 PM by Hambone10.)
12-01-2022 03:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.