Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Arizona County Chair Reveals He Was Forced to Certify Katie Hobbs’ Election ‘Under Du
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Arizona County Chair Reveals He Was Forced to Certify Katie Hobbs’ Election ‘Under Du
Quote:The Chair of the Mohave County Board of Supervisors has revealed that he was only voting to certify the state election under legal duress.

“I found out today that I have no choice but to vote ‘Aye’ or I will be arrested and charged with a felony,” Gould said.

The Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs has threatened to charge election officials with Class 6 felony charges if they don’t certify her election.

Hobbs has filed a lawsuit against Cochise County, which refused to certify the Arizona state election by the Nov. 28 deadline. From The Guardian:

In a lawsuit on Monday, the secretary of state, Katie Hobbs, a Democrat who narrowly won the race for governor, asked a judge to order county officials to canvass the election, which she said was an obligation under Arizona law. Lawyers representing a Cochise county voter and a group of retirees filed a similar lawsuit on Monday, the deadline for counties to approve the official tally of votes, known as the canvass.

The two Republican county supervisors delayed the canvass vote until hearing once more about concerns over the certification of ballot tabulators, though election officials have repeatedly said the equipment is properly approved.

The state elections director, Kori Lorick, wrote in a letter last week that Hobbs was required by law to approve the statewide canvass by next week and would have to exclude Cochise county’s votes if they weren’t received in time.

That would threaten to flip the victor in at least two close races, a US House seat and state schools chief, from a Republican to a Democrat.

As reported earlier, Hobbs had threatened to sue to coerce Cochise County to certify her election.

“DELAY Cochise County Board fails to certify election results by today’s deadline. Secretary of State Katie Hobbs has threatened to sue to compel certification,” KPNX/12News reporter Brahm Resnik reported. “Friday is last business day before statewide vote is certified Monday 12/5.”

“NEXT Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs plans to file suit against Cochise County by 5pm today, per spox,” Resnik said in an update.

“Are we just going to move past this massive conflict of interest?” Kari Lake War Room responded.

Katie Hobbs declined to refuse herself from supervising the Arizona election race, despite the conflict of interest that she is running for the governorship. She is now threatening to sue any county that defies certifying the election that she presided over.

On Monday, Arizona Republic reporter Mary Jo Pitzl suggested that Cochise County might not certify on time.

Cochise County voted to delay certifying the results of this month’s midterm elections, thereby missing the state’s legal deadline of Monday.

As reported earlier, Kari Lake, Republican gubernatorial candidate for Arizona, has filed a lawsuit against Maricopa County’s election officials over the 2022 midterm election.

According to the lawsuit, the “Plaintiff desires that every lawful vote be properly counted and every voter who was eligible to vote be allowed to vote.”

Maricopa County nonetheless voted to certify the state election results on Monday, despite the objections of numerous Arizona election workers and voters.

Link
11-29-2022 11:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Arizona County Chair Reveals He Was Forced to Certify Katie Hobbs’ Election ‘Under Du
Free and fair elections !
11-29-2022 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Arizona County Chair Reveals He Was Forced to Certify Katie Hobbs’ Election ‘Under Du
They have no reason not to certify so they throw a temper tantrum. Typical.
11-29-2022 11:40 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(11-29-2022 11:40 AM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  They have no reason not to certify so they throw a temper tantrum. Typical.

How do you personally know that?
11-29-2022 11:48 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(11-29-2022 11:48 AM)TripleA Wrote:  
(11-29-2022 11:40 AM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  They have no reason not to certify so they throw a temper tantrum. Typical.

It's what he saw on in the media
11-29-2022 12:03 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis

Your side threw a temper tantrum for over 4 years and counting so there’s that. 03-lmfao
11-29-2022 12:06 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

You haven't been paying attention.

Or you have and you are OK with it.
11-29-2022 12:07 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

It's in the law. They can't just whine and scream forever. What's funny is that you guys complain that elections go too long...then a county wants to go against state law and drag them out further.

Did you also see that if that county is not included in the totals...which would happen if they don't certify...that a state seat would actually flip to a democrat?
11-29-2022 12:09 PM
450bench Offline

Whine and scream forever? Seriously? TDS has no cure….
11-29-2022 12:11 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Apparently X hasn't been paying attention for the last few years of what the Dems have been screaming..

Bless his poor little heart.
11-29-2022 12:19 PM
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-29-2022 12:09 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

It's in the law. They can't just whine and scream forever. What's funny is that you guys complain that elections go too long...then a county wants to go against state law and drag them out further.

Did you also see that if that county is not included in the totals...which would happen if they don't certify...that a state seat would actually flip to a democrat?

If they don’t certify and it flips a house seat to the democrats it will be hilarious. That big lie coming back to bite them in the ass.
11-29-2022 01:08 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

It's in the law. They can't just whine and scream forever.

So, its ok to be counting votes for weeks, but they literally must certify the election minutes after maricopa county gives a stupid responce to the ag?
11-29-2022 01:58 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(11-29-2022 01:58 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

So, its ok to be counting votes for weeks, but they literally must certify the election minutes after maricopa county gives a stupid responce to the ag?

If they dont certify by a set time after the election those votes arent counted.

And no, it isnt ok to count for weeks -- it *is* ok to count for some amount of time after the deadline for mail-ins. Not that I support mail in voting, but there has to be time to count if it is the law.

And not certifying certainly is a temper tantrum response to the above.

As one said above, would be hilarious if the County doesnt certify and it flips a House set to the other party. In that sense it *is* like a bratty 4 year old tossing a hissy fit and throwing his cake onto the ground.
11-29-2022 02:29 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(11-29-2022 02:29 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(11-29-2022 01:58 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

If they dont certify by a set time after the election those votes arent counted.

And no, it isnt ok to count for weeks -- it *is* ok to count for some amount of time after the deadline for mail-ins. Not that I support mail in voting, but there has to be time to count if it is the law.

And not certifying certainly is a temper tantrum response to the above.

As one said above, would be hilarious if the County doesnt certify and it flips a House set to the other party. In that sense it *is* like a bratty 4 year old tossing a hissy fit and throwing his cake onto the ground.

Additionally, WTF would any of this have to do with Maricopa County? The state deadline is the same for every county.
11-29-2022 02:32 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

(11-29-2022 12:19 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Apparently X hasn't been paying attention for the last few years of what the Dems have been screaming..

Name one Dem county that threatened to not certify. Transference is a mother isn't!
11-29-2022 06:13 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Mohave county went to the Republicans in this case. What is this guy smoking? Sounds like a liar just to stir up trouble since Lake won that county.
11-29-2022 08:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Bless y’alls black and twisted hearts.
11-29-2022 08:48 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
You can call it a "tantrum" all you want, but this is the kind of 5hit that starts civil wars. And I'm not talking about that mamby-pamby Jan6th bullsht either.
11-30-2022 02:02 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(11-30-2022 02:02 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  You can call it a "tantrum" all you want, but this is the kind of 5hit that starts civil wars. And I'm not talking about that mamby-pamby Jan6th bullsht either.

It is a "tantrum" until something more definitive is put out there in the form of proof.

Actual hard, tangible proof. Not just someone crying foul, and not some dude on a post board making an air threat of making Jan 6th look like "mamby pamby .... bs".

If you want to pull out that loaded language, toss down some hard proof.

If the shenanigans are there, get them out in front and in the open. No skin off my back.

Or, just stamp the feet and cry out and threaten civil war....
11-30-2022 02:25 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(11-29-2022 06:13 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  
(11-29-2022 12:19 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Apparently X hasn't been paying attention for the last few years of what the Dems have been screaming..

Name one Dem county that threatened to not certify. Transference is a mother isn't!

03-yawn

Name one Democratic loser in Georgia or a Presidential election that hasn't claimed an election wasn't stolen or they were the rightful winner...
11-30-2022 07:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.