Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Best Hammock Recruit?
Bookmark and Share
BigChilla Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Best Hammock Recruit?
Curious who everyone ranks as the best Hammock recruit.

And I mean best as in performance, not stats, or some other nonsense measure.

I **** on Carey recruiting…but Hammock isnt exactly blowing him away.
11-28-2022 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Best Hammock Recruit?
It's gotta be either Waylee, Brown, or Rudolph.

Problem is Rudolph just missed an entire season and it's unknown if he will be the same recovering from a knee injury and Waylee is constantly getting hurt.

IMO, the transfers (Lombardi, Ratkovich, Green-May, Gandy, Rutkeiwicz, etc.) have been the most productive additions that Hammock has had. He needs to go back into the portal for more since most of his high school recruits aren't panning out (except for RB and interior DL).
11-28-2022 01:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rabid Squirrel Online
Heisman

Outside of his very last class, Carey’s recruiting is above Hammocks.

I imagine there won’t be much variety in peoples lists:

Rudolph
Brown
Waylee
Ester
O’Malley
Rayner
Lippe
Rattin

Outside of RB and QB Carey had better recruits at every position over Hammock so far.
11-28-2022 01:22 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

To anyone commenting, transfers are recruited.

Don’t see an asterisk next to LSUs title mentioning Joe Burrow went to OSU.
11-28-2022 01:27 PM
Rabid Squirrel Online
Heisman

(11-28-2022 01:27 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  To anyone commenting, transfers are recruited.

Hammocks inability to recruit high school kids is why he has landed a few good transfers. Bowers came here bc he could easily beat out Childers. Rocky came here bc there was zero competition at QB. Joiner came here bc we have zero at TE. Safeties came here bc we had zero at safety. Ratdog came here bc of Ham's RB pedigree so I'll give him that. But I don't want to advocate for Hammocks transfers because they're created out of his bad evaluation of high school kids. And the overwhelming majority of your recruiting classes are HS kids.

Transfers are looking for weaknesses in a program so they can start. It doesn't speak well to Hammocks recruiting that transfers have found so many weaknesses here at NIU. It's not a plus in my eyes. It's a "break glass in case of emergency" situation.
11-28-2022 01:43 PM
HuskiePride12 Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(11-28-2022 01:27 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  To anyone commenting, transfers are recruited.

See Lincoln Riley.

Living off transfers and does it well. This is the new way of college football for now.
11-28-2022 01:59 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Yes, we need far more transfers to cover up for the weakness in the high school players he has brought in.

Multiple HS recruits that have been more sought after have decommited from Hammock. There was a 2022 TE that decommited for Wyoming, a 2020 WR decommit for WMU, a 2021 TE decommit for KSU, two speedy 2023 Iowa recruits have decommited, and more.
11-28-2022 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigChilla Offline
1st String

So your vote is for rocky? I like him, he’s been very good for us when he plays.

Hammocks best recruit is a Michigan State transfer. Fair enough.

Still makes me realize I was too hard on Carey.
11-28-2022 02:34 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Snoopy you are just a downer ( I'm being nice). I don't know how many times it should have to be said, guys decommit all the time not it just under Hammock. Saban has decommits, GA has decommits, every school that makes offers has decommits. Don't give the impression it is because of Hammock.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2022 02:52 PM by NIU05.)
11-28-2022 02:35 PM
McG Offline
Bench Warmer

Talent is talent - don't care of you get it from a high school or another college program.

Kenny Golladay's NFL bio lists us as the college and not North Dakota.
11-28-2022 02:35 PM
BigChilla Offline
1st String

(11-28-2022 02:35 PM)McG Wrote:  Talent is talent - don't care of you get it from a high school or another college program.

Very true. Someone has to get the players to come here.

No doubt about that. Coaches should be credited with all “recruits”.
11-28-2022 02:40 PM
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Online
Heisman

(11-28-2022 02:35 PM)McG Wrote:  Talent is talent - don't care of you get it from a high school or another college program.

Do you know why Golladay came here after NDSU? Because NIU recruited him in 2012 out of HS. Do you know why Tyrice Richie came here in 2019 after Juco? Because NIU recruited him in 2017 out of HS.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2022 02:52 PM by Rabid Squirrel.)
11-28-2022 02:51 PM
Rabid Squirrel Online
Heisman

While we are at it....Rocky Lombardi received an offer from Carey. 1 of only 7offers. You wanna give Carey that recruiting credit? Do you think that helped him with his decision?
11-28-2022 02:57 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(11-28-2022 02:35 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  Snoopy you are just a downer ( I'm being nice). I don't know how many times it should have to be said, guys decommit all the time not it just under Hammock. Saban has decommits, GA has decommits, every school that makes offers has decommits. Don't give the impression it is because of Hammock.

Alabama and Georgia also have top recruiting classes even with decommits. We aren't even getting top classes in our own conference under Hammock.

Sorry you don't like a realist view of our program that contradicts your own. Go on FB and read all comments about the statement that Frazier put out. Unlike you, most are not happy with the direction of the program.
11-28-2022 03:04 PM
BigChilla Offline
1st String

(11-28-2022 02:57 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  While we are at it....Rocky Lombardi received an offer from Carey. 1 of only 7offers. You wanna give Carey that recruiting credit? Do you think that helped him with his decision?

100% it did.

Waiting to hear about a guy Hammock was able to bring back in to the fold. Could be this recruiting season. Who knows.
11-28-2022 03:05 PM
BigChilla Offline
1st String

(11-28-2022 03:04 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 02:35 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  Snoopy you are just a downer ( I'm being nice). I don't know how many times it should have to be said, guys decommit all the time not it just under Hammock. Saban has decommits, GA has decommits, every school that makes offers has decommits. Don't give the impression it is because of Hammock.

Alabama and Georgia also have top recruiting classes even with decommits. We aren't even getting top classes in our own conference under Hammock.

Sorry you don't like a realist view of our program that contradicts your own. Go on FB and read all comments about the statement that Frazier put out. Unlike you, most are not happy with the direction of the program.

How can anyone be happy about the directions of the program? From Champion to crap with the same squad is not positive.
11-28-2022 03:07 PM
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Online
Heisman

(11-28-2022 03:05 PM)BigChilla Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 02:57 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  While we are at it....Rocky Lombardi received an offer from Carey. 1 of only 7offers. You wanna give Carey that recruiting credit? Do you think that helped him with his decision?

100% it did.

Waiting to hear about a guy Hammock was able to bring back in to the fold. Could be this recruiting season. Who knows.

I never gave Carey credit for Golladay because it was Doreen who recruited him out of HS. If I'm being consistent then Hammock gets no(or very little) credit for Lombardi. Just like I didn't give him credit for Richie.

I do like the looks of Hammock's 22 class. Especially Alvarado. And honestly someone needs to emerge from that class and be a stud.
11-28-2022 03:12 PM
BigChilla Offline
1st String

(11-28-2022 03:12 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 03:05 PM)BigChilla Wrote:  

100% it did.

I never gave Carey credit for Golladay because it was Doreen who recruited him out of HS. If I'm being consistent then Hammock gets no(or very little) credit for Lombardi. Just like I didn't give him credit for Richie.

I do like the looks of Hammock's 22 class. Especially Alvarado. And honestly someone needs to emerge from that class and be a stud.

But something has to be said for sealing the deal.
11-28-2022 03:24 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(11-28-2022 03:07 PM)BigChilla Wrote:  

How can anyone be happy about the directions of the program? From Champion to crap with the same squad is not positive.

You make a comment about decomiitss and directly address and you bring up the direction of the program, Fine, you deferred on your own comment.

I could give two rips about other peoples opinions. We were champs last year because Lombardi and Rudolph had a MAJOR say in that outcome. Now if your facebook friends are too dumb to understand that concept and you listen to them shame on you and on them. They ( Lombardi and Rudolph) return and that alone will get us a winning record and the ability to make a run for the title. That is not how I would desecribe a program in shambles, a program when healthy challenges or wins the title. That is the position of the program right now.
11-28-2022 03:28 PM
Rabid Squirrel Online
Heisman

(11-28-2022 03:28 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 03:07 PM)BigChilla Wrote:  

You make a comment about decomiitss and directly address and you bring up the direction of the program, Fine, you deferred on your own comment.

I could give two rips about other peoples opinions. We were champs last year because Lombardi and Rudolph had a MAJOR say in that outcome. Now if your facebook friends are too dumb to understand that concept and you listen to them shame on you and on them. They ( Lombardi and Rudolph) return and that alone will get us a winning record and the ability to make a run for the title. That is not how I would desecribe a program in shambles, a program when healthy challenges or wins the title. That is the position of the program right now.

Its on life-support. It's being held together by one player - Lombardi. That says much more about the MAC than it does the quality of our program. The MAC is so bad right now that if you can roll a warm body out there at QB you have a chance. Its an 7-5/8-4 team with Rocky and a 3-9 team without him. That's thin ice. If Ham can pull a stud QB out of the portal every other year, well then, more power to him. I'd prefer he build quality all over the field with something that lasts.
11-28-2022 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.