WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Musk says he will reinstate Trump's Twitter account after poll
WMU2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
Musk says he will reinstate Trump's Twitter account after poll
Elon Musk is a tool. Especially since he paid 44 billion for a **** company.

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/20/donald-...-elon-musk
11-19-2022 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

RE: Musk says he will reinstate Trump's Twitter account after poll
Disgusting. F Musk
11-19-2022 08:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

11-19-2022 09:00 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

It’s still alarming how trump still lives so rent free in some of your heads.
11-19-2022 09:36 PM
ktotten Offline
Banned

(11-19-2022 09:36 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  It’s still alarming how trump still lives so rent free in some of your heads.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I swear that is the silliest, most thoughtless and unaware response to any discussion that is had about Trump. It's nonsensical. It gets leveraged often and I can't understand why they think that it applies.

You mean the clown that tried to commit an insurrection with his "gravy seals", and is still the favorite to be the GOP nominee to run for POTUS in 2024?!

The last time he was on twitter, he helped incite loose bands of militia and invited them to D.C. for January 6th. Yeah, you're right, we shouldn't discuss such trivial stuff.

"Rent Free" - Please, he puts himself at the top of every news cycle each chance he gets because he knows he still has a rabid, mouth foaming base that will believe and defend him over anything he does, which is the alarming part.

Case in point.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2022 10:32 PM by ktotten.)
11-19-2022 10:08 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(11-19-2022 09:36 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  It’s still alarming how trump still lives so rent free in some of your heads.

I want to agree with you, no joke. I personally don't care about Twitter, or Donald Trump, and certainly not Donald Trump's Twitter account. But Twitter has, like it or not, become the world's preeminent source for live and breaking news.

It's easy for me to say, well, I just use Twitter for entertainment and occasional sports news. The worst that can happen is I lose a Draftkings entry because I thought someone was gonna play and they didn't, which is not very compelling. Doesn't really work so well when hundreds of millions to billions of people rely on the platform for their critical news and it's now a very lucrative industry to dupe those people and grift off of them.

So sure, I can mostly ignore Trump and Twitter for my own mental health. But I don't really blame anyone for being alarmed by the whole thing. Trump is a very influential former President and current candidate, after all.
11-19-2022 10:57 PM
Advertisement

WesternDave Offline
1st String

Musk is doing anything he can to drive traffic. That's all he is doing. It is a giant sideshow for him since he doesn't give a flying F about anything that happens on there.
11-19-2022 11:58 PM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

Yeah, what's next? Maybe, they buy signs that say F Trump and proudly fly them in front of their homes or on their trucks? Or they can come up with a catch phrase like Let's Go Brandon, where it secretly means F Trump. Wait, even better, how bout they put little stickers on gas pumps with Trump's face that say "It's my fault". Heck, if Trumps wins the election for POTUS, they should all march to the Capitol and try to stop it from happening. They'd be willing to go to jail over this man not becoming POTUS.

My bad. I got that backwards. Those aren't things people could do about Trump. Those are things that people have actually done about Biden.

Rent free baby.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2022 12:26 AM by BroncoMinor.)
11-20-2022 12:21 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

As far as Trump's Twitter reinstatement:

Trump's said he's not interested in returning to Twitter, but that added attention might be too irresistible to pass up.

I think most damage was already done his first go-around, however, and maybe this will backfire in a way. Highly possible a growing swath of the "middle" is getting fatigued by him, and this will only add to the oversaturation of Trump.

Musk is very Trumplike himself, so it's no surprise he set up this goofy Twitter poll where the bots "voted" for Trump's return. But Musk overpaid for this platform, so he's doing anything to maximize controversy to get eyeballs and clicks.
11-20-2022 08:34 AM
ktotten Offline
Banned

Twitter is a hot mess. Elong is running through his VC wealth like a drunken sailor trying to maintain his ego and get control of the out of control twitter train at the same time.

Recruiters are blowing up IT resources everywhere with an "immediate Bay Area requirement", the one caveat is that it is "ONSITE DAY ONE". I asked, "Twitter huh?". YEP.
11-20-2022 09:57 AM
Fights for Justice

(11-19-2022 11:58 PM)WesternDave Wrote:  Musk is doing anything he can to drive traffic. That's all he is doing. It is a giant sideshow for him since he doesn't give a flying F about anything that happens on there.

It has nothing to do with driving traffic and everything to do with influencing and crushing a free discussion and news coverage of how he and his fascist buddies behave. That is why right wingers like Musk hate what Twitter represented because they can't stop people from exposing their bad behavior.
11-20-2022 11:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fights for Justice

(11-20-2022 12:21 AM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  Yeah, what's next? Maybe, they buy signs that say F Trump and proudly fly them in front of their homes or on their trucks? Or they can come up with a catch phrase like Let's Go Brandon, where it secretly means F Trump. Wait, even better, how bout they put little stickers on gas pumps with Trump's face that say "It's my fault". Heck, if Trumps wins the election for POTUS, they should all march to the Capitol and try to stop it from happening. They'd be willing to go to jail over this man not becoming POTUS.

My bad. I got that backwards. Those aren't things people could do about Trump. Those are things that people have actually done about Biden.

Rent free baby.

Well said
11-20-2022 11:32 AM
ktotten Offline
Banned

(11-20-2022 11:31 AM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(11-19-2022 11:58 PM)WesternDave Wrote:  Musk is doing anything he can to drive traffic. That's all he is doing. It is a giant sideshow for him since he doesn't give a flying F about anything that happens on there.

It has nothing to do with driving traffic and everything to do with influencing and crushing a free discussion and news coverage of how he and his fascist buddies behave. That is why right wingers like Musk hate what Twitter represented because they can't stop people from exposing their bad behavior.

Precisely.
11-20-2022 12:03 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-19-2022 10:08 PM)ktotten Wrote:  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I swear that is the silliest, most thoughtless and unaware response to any discussion that is had about Trump. It's nonsensical. It gets leveraged often and I can't understand why they think that it applies.

You mean the clown that tried to commit an insurrection with his "gravy seals", and is still the favorite to be the GOP nominee to run for POTUS in 2024?!

The last time he was on twitter, he helped incite loose bands of militia and invited them to D.C. for January 6th. Yeah, you're right, we shouldn't discuss such trivial stuff.

"Rent Free" - Please, he puts himself at the top of every news cycle each chance he gets because he knows he still has a rabid, mouth foaming base that will believe and defend him over anything he does, which is the alarming part.

Case in point.

^^^^^
Triggered
11-20-2022 01:49 PM
ktotten Offline
Banned

(11-20-2022 01:49 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Case in point.

^^^^^
Triggered

Another childish MAGA-GOP tactic.

"TDS and saying he lives rent free in your head" are all code for "STOP TALKING BAD ABOUT MY FALSE IDOL, I WORSHIP HIM"

Most qualifying 12 steppers do. 03-drunk
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2022 02:04 PM by ktotten.)
11-20-2022 02:02 PM
bronco74 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(11-20-2022 02:02 PM)ktotten Wrote:  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Case in point.

^^^^^
Triggered

"TDS and saying he lives rent free in your head" are all code for "STOP TALKING BAD ABOUT MY FALSE IDOL, I WORSHIP HIM"

The one really bad thing about Trump posting on Tweeter, is you will create a billion posts for each tweet.
11-20-2022 03:43 PM
Advertisement

ktotten Offline
Banned

(11-20-2022 03:43 PM)bronco74 Wrote:  
(11-20-2022 02:02 PM)ktotten Wrote:  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Case in point.

^^^^^
Triggered

The one really bad thing about Trump posting on Tweeter, is you will create a billion posts for each tweet.

Only when he threatens our Republic, rule of law, tells big lies, and projects his behavior onto people he deems a threat.

IRR, a billion is low.
11-20-2022 03:48 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
Musk decided to free Kanye again, who began spewing anti-semitic junk almost immediately. Growing up in Apartheid South Africa finally shines through.
11-20-2022 09:07 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos

Every morning on my Home Page news feed there are at least four headlines-items about Trump.

So it's not just people on BS.
11-21-2022 08:30 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Musk will be lucky if he can keep Twitter going. Thousands have resigned, and what happens with the remainder when they're asked to do 3-4 people's work? You can bet they're looking for employment elsewhere too.

And really, who actually needs Twitter? If it disappeared tomorrow millions of people wouldn't bat an eye, they would just move to another platform.
11-21-2022 08:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.