Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB in the Polls
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
MyBB WBB in the Polls
The ladies started out the season at #5 in the mid-major poll, and moved up 1 spot this week to 4th. They leapfrogged Princeton who lost to a very good Villanova team, so I'm a little surprised the coaches downgraded them for that.

Poll is here:
https://collegeinsider.com/womens-mid-major-top-25
11-18-2022 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: WBB in the Polls
Rockets received 8 votes in the AP poll this week, putting them at 35th.

Rockets opponents are not helping, as Michigan lost to 11-19 Wisconsin yesterday, and Duke lost a defensive struggle to UNC 45-41, which cost them the ACC regular season title - Notre Dame has won the conference.
02-27-2023 01:40 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
If Michigan is only a top 25 team and Duke a top 20 team... God forbid Toledo split those 2 games. How many teams on the bubble would have even done that. We don't need much help from those two. It's the Cincy, Missouri State, UT Arlington, Penn State, Dayton grouping that isn't living up to 2021-2022.
02-27-2023 02:16 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Still no votes in the coaches poll. Fralick is the MAC rep on that, but we can't even get a vote from her.

Still 6th in the mid-major poll.
02-28-2023 08:01 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

(02-28-2023 08:01 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Still no votes in the coaches poll. Fralick is the MAC rep on that, but we can't even get a vote from her.

Still 6th in the mid-major poll.

Must have her selection based on elite personal team analysis during her immense free time as a college basketball coach OR like you alluded to that she just won't give the TSUN and her conference any chops. Hope we wouldn't or haven't done the same.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023 12:10 AM by IamN2daRockets!.)
03-01-2023 12:10 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Rockets stay at 8 votes in the AP poll this week. Only 2 writers voted for UT

21st Brice Cherry, Waco Tribune
23rd David Cloninger, Charleston (SC) Post & Courier

Are both pretty far from Toledo.

Also, the men get 10 votes this week!!!
03-06-2023 03:53 PM
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

Two very solid programs.

I was wondering 3 years ago if TC had peaked but she showed her HC skills and her true commitment to the program.
03-06-2023 04:48 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Rockets still get no love in the coach's poll.

In the mid-major poll, they are still ranked 6th, but did get 1 1st place vote this week.
03-07-2023 09:12 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I hadn't checked the final polls until today.

Dropped to 7 votes in the AP poll. Don't understand why they would get fewer votes, but oh well. 33rd in ranking.

Still 0 votes in the coaches poll. Heck Cleveland State got 4 votes. Beginning to think Fralick has some big grudge against UT or Cullop.

Moved up from 6 to 4 in the mid-major poll, passing both Princeton and Columbia. Princeton got a 10 seed in the NCAAs, and Columbia got bupkis. Rockets got 1 1st place vote.
03-17-2023 05:40 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Fennelly also votes in the coaches poll. Wonder if he gives Toledo any love in the final poll. I also see Barnes Arico from Michigan also votes, but again she never showed Toledo any love. I mean, doesn't that make UM's loss to Toledo look worse, if UT can't even get a single vote? Strange.
03-19-2023 09:15 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(03-19-2023 09:15 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Fennelly also votes in the coaches poll. Wonder if he gives Toledo any love in the final poll. I also see Barnes Arico from Michigan also votes, but again she never showed Toledo any love. I mean, doesn't that make UM's loss to Toledo look worse, if UT can't even get a single vote? Strange.

Based on the most recent coaches poll, this Rockets team has now beaten their #18 (on the road) & #20 (neutral site) teams, and gave their #13 team a good game for at least a half (and that #18 team was ranked higher at the time). Not even giving Toledo 1 vote would say a lot more about any coaches voting in the poll than it does Toledo. And BG’s coach needs to be thinking more strategically with her vote—she could be that team left out in the cold again next selection Sunday if the MAC continues to get zero respect. She isn’t helping matters.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023 10:40 AM by bcunn3128.)
03-19-2023 10:20 AM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

Frolickers post on Twitter was a freaking farce acting like she's happy for Toledo and she knew we were good. Bish vote then!
03-19-2023 10:59 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2023 10:59 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Frolickers post on Twitter was a freaking farce acting like she's happy for Toledo and she knew we were good. Bish vote then!

Totally uncalled for. You really think anyone on our team appreciates that? Post sober.
03-19-2023 11:15 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2023 10:20 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(03-19-2023 09:15 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Fennelly also votes in the coaches poll. Wonder if he gives Toledo any love in the final poll. I also see Barnes Arico from Michigan also votes, but again she never showed Toledo any love. I mean, doesn't that make UM's loss to Toledo look worse, if UT can't even get a single vote? Strange.

Based on the most recent coaches poll, this Rockets team has now beaten their #18 (on the road) & #20 (neutral site) teams, and gave their #13 team a good game for at least a half (and that #18 team was ranked higher at the time). Not even giving Toledo 1 vote would say a lot more about any coaches voting in the poll than it does Toledo. And BG’s coach needs to be thinking more strategically with her vote—she could be that team left out in the cold again next selection Sunday if the MAC continues to get zero respect. She isn’t helping matters.

Honestly it really won't ever matter., tournament-wise. The committee has shown that they will make any excuse to keep mid-majors out of the tourney and disrespect the ones that get in. Just look at the way they keep disrespecting FGCU, even though they do everything right, playing anyone during the season and then regularly winning in the tourney. They were 32-3 this year, had a NET of 36 and were still given a 12 seed. Even with all they did, the talk was that if they lost in their conference tourney, they were "on the bubble" and there was a good chance they would not have gotten and at-large. Just like Columbia.

The 12-5 games are interesting. This year UT beat #17 ISU and FGCU beat the PAC-12 champ, Washington State. Drake played Louisville and was really the much better team, but lost by 2 in the end because they kept missing uncontested layups (probably 6-7 in the 2nd half alone) and several key FTs down the stretch. That, and 1 Louisville player literally carried them in the last quarter. The only 12 seed to be beaten soundly was Portland.

So, why the 12 seeds you ask? Well, because that's where they put the mid-majors that they know are good but don't want to give any respect to. In recent memory, no P6 team has ever been given a seed lower than #11. None. In fact, when they added the 4 play-in games to go to 68 teams, they specifically chose to have a play in at #11, and what do they do with those 2 extra #11 seeds? They give them to P6 teams that may not have deserved to get in anyway.

The 13-16 seeds are all taken up by low major conference teams, so that leaves one place to put the Toledos and the FGCUs of the world. Yes, a few mid-majors will occasionally get higher seeds. Princeton got a 10 this year, but it has taken Princeton years of stellar performance to earn even that. Same with South Dakota State who got a 9. By the way, both of those teams won their 1st round games.

So I have to believe it is all a scam so that the P6 conferences don't have to share much of the money the tourneys generate. I have seen no evidence to date to proven that wrong.
03-19-2023 11:23 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2023 11:15 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(03-19-2023 10:59 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Frolickers post on Twitter was a freaking farce acting like she's happy for Toledo and she knew we were good. Bish vote then!

Totally uncalled for. You really think anyone on our team appreciates that? Post sober.

Reeelax. I say it about Charlie Creme or anyone disrespecting us. She's the problem with the MACs image and it's why Tricia has to take up every ounce of media time to plead for the league.
03-19-2023 12:45 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-19-2023 10:20 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

Yeah, hard to understand, especially BG’s coach. “We got beat twice by our league champ who is 26-4 but we’re a lousy league so I’ll make my own pretty good team look worse by not voting our nemesis as top 25.” P5 coaches might be embarrassed and not recall the beating they took but BG surely does.
03-19-2023 01:01 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2023 12:45 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Reeelax. I say it about Charlie Creme or anyone disrespecting us. She's the problem with the MACs image and it's why Tricia has to take up every ounce of media time to plead for the league.

I wasn't really intending to put you on the defensive, thought more I was pointing out something that come off different than intended. I was really hoping for, "oops, you're right" and we chalk it up to stupid of the moment.

"relax" says more about you than the BG coach. Sell your response to our coach, knowing you've already outed yourself here. See how she or our AD responds. You don't call people that, while claiming to represent the programs or university. Or otherwise really.

No one here not calling you out on it I feel would say more about our fan base than the BG coach's voting so I'm fine with pointing it out. You thinking that is somehow uptight tells me it was the right thing to call out. You did the wrong thing here.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023 02:25 PM by eastisbest.)
03-19-2023 01:50 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2023 01:50 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

I wasn't really intending to put you on the defensive, thought more I was pointing out something that come off different than intended. I was really hoping for, "oops, you're right" and we chalk it up to stupid of the moment.

"relax" says more about you than the BG coach. Sell your response to our coach, knowing you've already outed yourself here. See how she or our AD responds. You don't call people that, while claiming to represent the programs or university. Or otherwise really.

No one here not calling you out on it I feel would say more about our fan base than the BG coach's voting so I'm fine with pointing it out. You thinking that is somehow uptight tells me it was the right thing to call out. You did the wrong thing here.

No it's meant as a "Bish please." Not a "That Horrible female who really is a wacko." Or however you took it.
03-19-2023 04:12 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2023 04:12 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(03-19-2023 01:50 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

No it's meant as a "Bish please." Not a "That Horrible female who really is a wacko." Or however you took it.

IDK, I googled, lol.
03-19-2023 04:43 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

Are you referring to this? Really...this is a "freaking farce"? Oooooook.....

It's a meaningless poll, guys. A poll in which NO other coach gave Toledo a vote either. 07-coffee3
03-21-2023 07:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.