Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I predicted 7-5 at beginning of year
Bookmark and Share
Nick in Cleveland Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
We’ll lose to lowly Western now, then to OU, then lose another bowl game.

7-7

FIRE EVERYONE !!!!!!
11-15-2022 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(11-15-2022 11:06 PM)Nick in Cleveland Wrote:  We’ll lose to lowly Western now, then to OU, then lose another bowl game.

7-7

FIRE EVERYONE !!!!!!

Coach is so clueless he didn’t even lobby anyone to look at what appeared to be a fumble on the play before the last td.
11-15-2022 11:08 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: I predicted 7-5 at beginning of year
(11-15-2022 11:06 PM)Nick in Cleveland Wrote:  We’ll lose to lowly Western now, then to OU, then lose another bowl game.

7-7

Very plausible. That is Candle’s track record.
11-15-2022 11:17 PM
holybovine Online
All American

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
You WILL NOT lose to WMU.
11-15-2022 11:20 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2022 11:20 PM)holybovine Wrote:  You WILL NOT lose to WMU.

You clearly didn’t watch the game tonight.
11-15-2022 11:21 PM
holybovine Online
All American

(11-15-2022 11:21 PM)adunifon Wrote:  
(11-15-2022 11:20 PM)holybovine Wrote:  You WILL NOT lose to WMU.

You clearly didn’t watch the game tonight.

Come on man, WMU can barely put a lineup together these days. BUGS is feisty this year.
11-15-2022 11:23 PM
Advertisement

falconplucker Offline
1st String

Western Michigan couldn't beat Western Michigan. Toledo will not lose to them..
11-15-2022 11:51 PM
bcunn3128 Online
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(11-15-2022 11:51 PM)falconplucker Wrote:  Western Michigan couldn't beat Western Michigan. Toledo will not lose to them..

We’ll, there you go: you just jinxed us!

In all honesty, I can see the Rockets laying an egg in Kalamazoo. There’s no mental toughness on this team & whatever they’re passing off as “culture” is phony & jacked. As others have said, watch the sidelines. I’m not sure anybody on this team really gives a damn. When the fans stop caring—and I think we’re fast approaching that point if Candle stays—then this program will sink like a rock.

Bryan Blair gets one chance to get this right.
11-16-2022 12:00 AM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

Interesting that we had one drive to stop to preserve one of our luckiest wins in recent years and we could not do it. Our last scoring drive was a statement in that we were not on cue all game long and finally got it together.

I have said this all along. If you look at the bench about 40% of the players could not go into the game if they had to. They have no sense of what is going on in the game. They are engaged in talking and laughing and dancing. I have often threatened to send a video to the staff of the nonsense.

This is a tough loss for so many reasons but not the end of the world. We have to win at WMU; no excuses.

OU will not be an easy game if the East goes that way.

COME ON ROCKETS!!!!!
11-16-2022 08:27 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
Probably win at Western, but in Detroit I think we will get embarrassed by Ohio …
If we limp into a bowl, well we know how that usually plays out !!
Looking at an 8-6 season !!
Unacceptable !! 03-banghead
11-16-2022 08:47 AM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(11-16-2022 08:27 AM)rocket 51 Wrote:  I have said this all along. If you look at the bench about 40% of the players could not go into the game if they had to. They have no sense of what is going on in the game. They are engaged in talking and laughing and dancing. I have often threatened to send a video to the staff of the nonsense.

Yes!!! No one cares on the sideline. No heart. We throw an interception. No one tries to pick up the team on the bench. We give up a touchdown. No one trying to fire up the defense while the offense is on the field.

The only noise I hear is our hype man. We play “Rocket Man” while down 14-0. He wants the crowd to jump around down 21-7. It’s just not the same Glass Bowl I knew years ago
11-16-2022 08:52 AM
Advertisement

holybovine Online
All American

Hype men/DJs are the worst invention in college football history. They’re there for the kids, but the kids don’t seem to be buying it either — to their credit.
11-16-2022 09:25 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

The sad thing is, we could and probably should be sitting with a 10 - 1 record tight now. Tired of being embarrassed like this.
11-16-2022 09:34 AM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2022 08:52 AM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  
(11-16-2022 08:27 AM)rocket 51 Wrote:  I have said this all along. If you look at the bench about 40% of the players could not go into the game if they had to. They have no sense of what is going on in the game. They are engaged in talking and laughing and dancing. I have often threatened to send a video to the staff of the nonsense.

Yes!!! No one cares on the sideline. No heart. We throw an interception. No one tries to pick up the team on the bench. We give up a touchdown. No one trying to fire up the defense while the offense is on the field.

The only noise I hear is our hype man. We play “Rocket Man” while down 14-0. He wants the crowd to jump around down 21-7. It’s just not the same Glass Bowl I knew years ago

Used to love going to the games. Would look forward to it all week. Then again, the product on the field was significantly better back then.
11-16-2022 09:38 AM
mbgthroughandthrough Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Rockets
I did see one positive last night. I saw a backup QB that put the team on his shoulders and willed them to outscore BG 35-13 until the last 50 seconds of the game. That is, of course, after spotting them 21 to start.
11-16-2022 09:50 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-15-2022 11:17 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  

7-7

Very plausible. That is Candle’s track record.

Even fresh milk goes bad if it's around too long.
11-16-2022 09:52 AM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
1st String

This hurts, despite everything that did not go well, UT could have won 35-34. Forget this game, move on to WMU and hope for a win. If it a lost, what else could be said on this board that hasn't been said already, I don't know.

One thing for sure, if it is a lost, at this point, many eyes will be on the basketball team. At the beginning of the football season, the countdown was on before the first game and I felt others on this site couldn't wait to see how this team would do. Many predicted 9-3, perhaps 8-4 and while a lot of others said 7-5. So here we are at this junction to see if the Rockets can win the next game, and the one there after in Detroit.

I don't know which one on this site fans would like to see coming out of the east ? Should it be BGSU, OU, or UB. I would like the Rockets get another shot at BG, perhaps playing their best game of the season, all 4 quarters .

If UT stumbles in the next 3 games, providing they go to a bowl game, how many players maybe going on the football portal ? Does the AD make Candle fire some of his assistants, or does he put Candle on notice as well ? Out.
11-16-2022 10:08 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I was sitting behind the team two rows back at the 50 and Peny Boone really gave the offense what for after that INT.
He’s definitely someone that wants to win. He was pretty vocal.
11-16-2022 10:59 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

That guy is annoying. Trying hard is great, but the high volume and screaming into the mic on top of that is annoying. We don't need someone screaming THIRD DOWN!!! - and 1 yard to go at a point in the game that is not critical or is at their own 22 yard line. Ring the bell - people know what that means. Get amped up when it is a big third down play on a drive. People will react. On the other third downs - you get no reaction from the fans at all. Act like the fans understand the game.
11-16-2022 10:59 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Use the WMU game as a scrimmage with an open try out for OL additions and special team practices for coaches and players.
11-16-2022 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2022 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.