Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The FTX bankruptcy without the MAGA conspiracy theories
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
The FTX bankruptcy without the MAGA conspiracy theories
No there aren't homosexuals here answering doors in their underwear. No Ukraine isn't behind this and their president ain't a Nazi. Here's what happened with FTX as credible sources are reporting right now....

The guy who controlled FTX also controlled a hedge fund.

The hedge fund lost money and became insolvent.

The guy who owned both decided it was a good idea to commingle funds in order to prop up his hedge fund rather than take the hit and possibly shut it down.
(The idea here is to buy enough time to trade his way out of the problem)

Commingling funds in this way as a felony.

The guys plan did not work. The commingling funds scheme was discovered.

FTX funds were lost in the hedge fund scheme. Federal investigators swarm and the media locks in. AND of course so do MAGA conspiracy theories and disinformation. So there you are. ..... Ukraine's not behind this. Neither are homosexuals or transsexuals. Biden didn't make this happen. Pelosi and her husband nowhere to be seen. But fine, changing minds starts with presenting an alternative. And with that feel free to add to my rep points.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2022 10:28 PM by TIGERCITY.)
11-13-2022 10:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: The FTX bankruptcy without the MAGA conspiracy theories
“as credible sources are reporting right now....”

I can stop you right now just because of this
11-13-2022 10:31 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Cryto currencies are a scam. Dutch Tulips.

Hardly a surprise that someone running one commits a felony.
11-13-2022 10:42 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(11-13-2022 10:25 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  No there aren't homosexuals here answering doors in their underwear. No Ukraine isn't behind this and their president ain't a Nazi. Here's what happened with FTX as credible sources are reporting right now....

The guy who owned both decided it was a good idea to commingle funds in order to prop up his hedge fund rather than take the hit and possibly shut it down.

FTX funds were lost in the hedge fund scheme. Federal investigators swarm and the media locks in. AND of course so do MAGA conspiracy theories and disinformation. So there you are. ..... Ukraine's not behind this. Neither are homosexuals or transsexuals. Biden didn't make this happen. Pelosi and her husband nowhere to be seen. But fine, changing minds starts with presenting an alternative. And with that feel free to add to my rep points.

Link?
11-14-2022 12:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(11-14-2022 12:42 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(11-13-2022 10:25 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  No there aren't homosexuals here answering doors in their underwear. No Ukraine isn't behind this and their president ain't a Nazi. Here's what happened with FTX as credible sources are reporting right now....

Link?

Good luck, we're supposed to just believe him because of his over inflated sense of intellectual superiority. The spin machine must have turned out the talking points on this quickly.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022 07:04 AM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
11-14-2022 07:02 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Here. Simply Google FTX. That's all it takes. Alameda is the hedge fund controlled by the same guy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/13/sam-bank...urces.html
11-14-2022 08:07 AM
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2022 08:07 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Here. Simply Google FTX. That's all it takes. Alameda is the hedge fund controlled by the same guy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/13/sam-bank...urces.html

Also Brian Armstrong, the guy who runs coinbase, gave an interview saying the exact same thing. He has been lobbying the SEC for a couple of years it seems asking the SEC to clarify regulations in this area.
11-14-2022 08:10 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
I think most knew how the fall happened. The problem is what the fall exposed, which your articles don’t change - dems voted big money for Ukraine - Ukraine invests heavily in FTX - FTX donates heavily to democrats.
11-14-2022 09:19 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(11-14-2022 09:19 AM)banker Wrote:  I think most knew how the fall happened. The problem is what the fall exposed, which your articles don’t change - dems voted big money for Ukraine - Ukraine invests heavily in FTX - FTX donates heavily to democrats.

Hold up Democrats weren’t the only ones who voted for it. Republican leadership was right there with them.
11-14-2022 09:22 AM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-14-2022 09:22 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(11-14-2022 09:19 AM)banker Wrote:  I think most knew how the fall happened. The problem is what the fall exposed, which your articles don’t change - dems voted big money for Ukraine - Ukraine invests heavily in FTX - FTX donates heavily to democrats.

Hold up Democrats weren’t the only ones who voted for it. Republican leadership was right there with them.

Grift and money laundering is bipartisan but works in different ways. There’s more scandals than the FTX scam being conducted in corrupt Ukraine
11-14-2022 09:35 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(11-14-2022 09:35 AM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  
(11-14-2022 09:22 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

Grift and money laundering is bipartisan but works in different ways. There’s more scandals than the FTX scam being conducted in corrupt Ukraine

Lots of truth there…
It’s a shame when the only time our Congress can come together is when they’re working to send our money to some foreign country to be funneled back into their pockets.
11-14-2022 09:48 AM
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

First, before I invest any time in this, you have a credible source that Ukraine government "invested heavily in FTX?" I'd like to see it. And by credible source I'm talking about the New York Times et al ..not some wild eyed conspiracy guy with a YouTube channel.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022 09:56 AM by TIGERCITY.)
11-14-2022 09:54 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(11-14-2022 09:54 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  

First, before I invest in time in this, you have a credible source that Ukraine government invested heavily in FTX? I'd like to see it. And my credible source I'm talking about the New York Times et al not some wild eyed conspiracy guy with a YouTube channel.

The NYT is not a credible news source. It's Pravda for the Dems.
11-14-2022 09:56 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2022 09:56 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  

First, before I invest in time in this, you have a credible source that Ukraine government invested heavily in FTX? I'd like to see it. And my credible source I'm talking about the New York Times et al not some wild eyed conspiracy guy with a YouTube channel.

Okay you guys are lost. Believe what you f****** want to. But for the rest the NYT listed the 20 or 30 venture Capital firms that invested in FTX. Ukraine *wasn't* on that list. Also those firms lost shitload of money. I'm not saying they are victims because they didn't do their due diligence apparently. Here is the article from The New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/11/techn...pital.html
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022 10:03 AM by TIGERCITY.)
11-14-2022 10:01 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

Based and reputation pilled.
11-14-2022 11:25 AM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(11-14-2022 10:01 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  

Okay you guys are lost. Believe what you f****** want to. But for the rest the NYT listed the 20 or 30 venture Capital firms that invested in FTX. Ukraine *wasn't* on that list. Also those firms lost shitload of money. I'm not saying they are victims because they didn't do their due diligence apparently. Here is the article from The New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/11/techn...pital.html

Why are you so dismissive already when there hasn't been an investigation yet?
11-14-2022 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Ukraine Partners with FTX(Article From March)
Quote:The country's collective efforts have already raised some $48 million in bitcoin (BTC), DOT, ether (ETH), SOL, tether (USDT) and other cryptocurrencies, according to the website. Other estimates place the amount closer to $100 million, but totals vary with market swings and exactly which websites are included.
11-14-2022 11:53 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(11-14-2022 11:53 AM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Ukraine Partners with FTX(Article From March)
Quote:The country's collective efforts have already raised some $48 million in bitcoin (BTC), DOT, ether (ETH), SOL, tether (USDT) and other cryptocurrencies, according to the website. Other estimates place the amount closer to $100 million, but totals vary with market swings and exactly which websites are included.

Ftx is working as a “BTC to real money” exchange agent in this. Probably with reduced or waived exchange fees because of the subject (private donations to help with the war effort.

Really doesn’t fit the role called out by the allegation.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022 12:09 PM by tanqtonic.)
11-14-2022 12:08 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

The problem you have is both your description of the reason for failure and FTX being used to launder funds or misappropriate funds to the DNC (or Ukraine) are not mutually exclusive. Both could actually be true. No way to know at this time because its obvious the bookeeping was fraudulent. Your going to need a forensic audit to figure out all the unscrupulous crap was probably going on there. I have no idea if it was being used to launder Ukrainian money----but I also cant completely dismiss the possibility either at this time.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022 12:18 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-14-2022 12:16 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2022 11:53 AM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Ukraine Partners with FTX(Article From March)

I'm not sure what you think that says but it doesn't say that "Ukraine heavily invested in FTX" or invested at all. I'm still waiting for that link
11-14-2022 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.