Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rice vs. UTSA
Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
Rice vs. UTSA
The opening line has UTSA favored by 13. This is the biggest game in Bloomgren's tenure. Plenty of fans should be out.
11-13-2022 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Intellectual_Brutality Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls!
RE: Rice vs. UTSA
The week after next might be the real biggie, with Bloom coaching for a bowl and [hopefully] his job
11-13-2022 10:41 PM
Barney Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice Owls
I witnessed that massacre in San Antonio last year --- I'll be disappointed if our team doesn't come out Saturday feeling they need to prove something.
11-13-2022 11:55 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
Rice vs. UTSA
Let’s Go Owls!
11-14-2022 06:15 AM
westsidewolf1989 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
(11-13-2022 09:20 PM)Ourland Wrote:  The opening line has UTSA favored by 13. This is the biggest game in Bloomgren's tenure. Plenty of fans should be out.

1) shocking that UTSA is only favored by 13
2) it’s going to be upper 40s and rainy at kickoff. Combine that with our blowout loss last weekend should mean a paltry crowd
11-14-2022 08:13 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

We’ve been making appearances on Message Board Geniuses, but we haven’t made much noise there. So we need to bring out our most unhinged takes during this likely underwhelming performance.
11-14-2022 08:32 AM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(11-14-2022 08:32 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  We’ve been making appearances on Message Board Geniuses, but we haven’t made much noise there. So we need to bring out our most unhinged takes during this likely underwhelming performance.

What is message board geniuses? I am guessing it is a site where people 'rag' on rants from message boards like this... If so, is your post sarcasm or serious?
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022 09:10 AM by Hambone10.)
11-14-2022 09:09 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
This will be my first UTSA game that I'll be attending this year, yes, I understand that it will be at Rice.
11-14-2022 09:27 AM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

(11-14-2022 08:13 AM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  
(11-13-2022 09:20 PM)Ourland Wrote:  The opening line has UTSA favored by 13. This is the biggest game in Bloomgren's tenure. Plenty of fans should be out.

2) it’s going to be upper 40s and rainy at kickoff. Combine that with our blowout loss last weekend should mean a paltry crowd

Hopefully that rain passes through on Friday instead. I'm sure Rice fans know this game is big. If they can be there, they'll be there.
11-14-2022 10:36 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
Well, maybe I am a bit unduly Optimistic ™, but what happened after the Charlotte debacle? We showed well in the UTEP game and won it. Maybe that team will show up after the WKU debacle. Another thing to note is that we have not lost two in a row yet this year. In every case, we have bounced back.

True, that may be difficult if McM is out. Maybe the weather will be against us. The unusually small crowd will hurt. And of course, the UTSA team will have something to say about it. But I hardly think it is a foregone conclusion that UTSA will cover. If so, take UTSA and give the points.

In any case, as I have said for 60 years as Rice has played Ohio State, Texas, and other pro teams, GO OWLS!!!!
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022 10:47 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
11-14-2022 10:45 AM
Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2022 08:13 AM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  

So, typical Rice crowd. Got it!
11-14-2022 12:15 PM
Advertisement

Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2022 10:45 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Well, maybe I am a bit unduly Optimistic ™, but what happened after the Charlotte debacle? We showed well in the UTEP game and won it. Maybe that team will show up after the WKU debacle. Another thing to note is that we have not lost two in a row yet this year. In every case, we have bounced back.

True, that may be difficult if McM is out. Maybe the weather will be against us. The unusually small crowd will hurt. And of course, the UTSA team will have something to say about it. But I hardly think it is a foregone conclusion that UTSA will cover. If so, take UTSA and give the points.

In any case, as I have said for 60 years as Rice has played Ohio State, Texas, and other pro teams, GO OWLS!!!!

Rice UTEP UTSA

One of these is not like the others.
11-14-2022 12:17 PM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2022 09:09 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(11-14-2022 08:32 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  We’ve been making appearances on Message Board Geniuses, but we haven’t made much noise there. So we need to bring out our most unhinged takes during this likely underwhelming performance.

What is message board geniuses? I am guessing it is a site where people 'rag' on rants from message boards like this... If so, is your post sarcasm or serious?

It's a satirical Twitter account that documents the rantings of lunatics such as ourselves.

https://twitter.com/BoardGeniuses?ref_sr...r%5Eauthor

They have started doing a Texas roundup, and we have made appearances. Here is this past week's:

https://messageboardgeniuses.com/2022/11...-11/?amp=1
11-14-2022 12:34 PM
texowl2 Offline
All American

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
my guess of non-parents/non Mob is around 300. Does UTSA have travelling non parent fans?

and the 300 probably need to be tested for sanity....
11-14-2022 01:09 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

(11-14-2022 12:34 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  

It's a satirical Twitter account that documents the rantings of lunatics such as ourselves.

They have started doing a Texas roundup, and we have made appearances. Here is this past week's:

Thanks.

Lots of what is there seems pretty benign.... I'm sure it can get crazy... hence the term 'FANATIC'...but I'm happy if we're (relativey) boring to such a site.
11-14-2022 01:23 PM
Ricefootballnet Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Institute

On the Roost, Matthew quoted Coach Bloom implying that he had no idea who was going to start Saturday’s game. Could be a ruse, but I’m thinking that JT may be too banged up to go.

Please, please, can somebody deliver some information on Jovoni Johnson? What’s going on? Is he even still on the squad?

So contemplating the worst, if TJ is out for the season, and assuming we lose to UTSA, making the UNT game the most “must win” for us in years, how can we expect an untested redshirt freshman to step in and win the game for us?

Ever since we whipped up on Utah in 1996, Rice subsequently has defeated a ranked team exactly one time. Let’s see, that was on the road at number 15-ranked Marshall, was it not? Beat them 20 to nothing, did we not? And can anybody remember, who quarterbacked the Owls that day?
11-14-2022 11:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(11-14-2022 12:34 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  

Looks like a 2-2 tie between Tomball and #s as the sagest Owls from that collator's point of view.
11-14-2022 11:40 PM
Pan95 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice/WY
(11-14-2022 11:32 PM)Ricefootballnet Wrote:  On the Roost, Matthew quoted Coach Bloom implying that he had no idea who was going to start Saturday’s game. Could be a ruse, but I’m thinking that JT may be too banged up to go.

Please, please, can somebody deliver some information on Jovoni Johnson? What’s going on? Is he even still on the squad?

So contemplating the worst, if TJ is out for the season, and assuming we lose to UTSA, making the UNT game the most “must win” for us in years, how can we expect an untested redshirt freshman to step in and win the game for us?

Ever since we whipped up on Utah in 1996, Rice subsequently has defeated a ranked team exactly one time. Let’s see, that was on the road at number 15-ranked Marshall, was it not? Beat them 20 to nothing, did we not? And can anybody remember, who quarterbacked the Owls that day?

It was a 4th string QB who is now a WR...who also has zero turnovers. As an outsider, it seems as if JJ has not been treated fairly. What level of irony would it be if it is JJ that gets Rice to a bowl game.
11-15-2022 10:36 AM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

Any injury updates?
11-16-2022 12:15 PM
Grungy Offline

New Orleans Bowl
(11-14-2022 01:09 PM)texowl2 Wrote:  my guess of non-parents/non Mob is around 300. Does UTSA have travelling non parent fans?

and the 300 probably need to be tested for sanity....

If this week's rehearsals are any indicator, The MOB won't be adding much to that, unfortunately.

We'll still have official attendance over 15k, because of season ticket purchases that keep us legal, even if your 300 don't appear.

Not clear if Marketing has another batch of Fidgets + Parents appearing, for the other half of half time.
UTSA is sending a 70-member "pep band", which they deem too small to perform on the field.

I won't predict scores, but I'll predict that UTSA fans may well outnumber Rice fans on Saturday. We'll see if they are fair-weather (read: indoor) fans only.
11-16-2022 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.