Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News About Those FBI Informants Concerning Jan. 6...
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
About Those FBI Informants Concerning Jan. 6...
Quote:While we’ve all been heavily focused on the election, the NY Times dropped an important story about Jan. 6 that many didn’t notice.

Remember when Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) grilled an FBI official about FBI or confidential human sources (informants) who may have been involved or had knowledge about Jan. 6?

Turns out that one of the top people in the Oathkeepers — their vice president — was an FBI informant, according to the NY Times.

An F.B.I. informant who was embedded for months in the inner circle of Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers militia, is likely to testify as a defense witness at the seditious conspiracy trial of Mr. Rhodes in connection with the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

The informant, Greg McWhirter, served as the Oath Keepers’ vice president but was secretly reporting to the F.B.I. about the group’s activities in the weeks and months leading up to the Capitol attack, according to two people familiar with the matter.

But that wasn’t all. Let’s read on.

Mr. McWhirter is the second known F.B.I. confidential source who was in a position to provide information to federal agents about the Oath Keepers before Jan. 6, raising questions about why investigators did not know more about the attack on the Capitol.

Near the start of Mr. Rhodes’s trial, Abdullah Rasheed, a former Oath Keeper from West Virginia, told the jury that he became alarmed by the violent language Mr. Rhodes used during a video conference with members of his group in November 2020 and provided the F.B.I. with a recording of the call.

“The more I listened to the call,” Mr. Rasheed testified, “it sounded like we were going to war against the United States government.”

Officials at the F.B.I. did not respond to Mr. Rasheed’s initial attempts to contact them and only reached out to him after Jan. 6.

The F.B.I. also had a confidential source in the Kansas City chapter of the Proud Boys in the months leading up to Jan. 6. That person, a low-level member of the far-right group, marched with other Proud Boys into the Capitol on Jan. 6. But in meetings with the government before the Capitol was stormed, he told investigators that the organization had not planned to attack the building and stop the certification of the 2020 election.

That was in addition to the fact that the head of the Proud Boys had also been a government informant in the past and just coincidentally was arrested before Jan. 6 so he wasn’t at the site of the riot.

Even the NY Times snuck in the obvious question here: If the FBI had all these contacts and they’re claiming it was some prior plot, why wasn’t it stopped beforehand, if it was a “seditious conspiracy” and not a spontaneous riot?

When the FBI got a tip from Rasheed, why didn’t they follow up on it? It would seem with something that specific you would want to follow up on it, especially if he was saying there were questions of violence. So why didn’t they?

If McWhirter was a confidential human source, why didn’t the government put him on the stand? Why didn’t they want the jury to hear that they had a confidential human source embedded in the matter? Why is it the defense that wants to call him?

A lot of questions going on here. With all the things that may be on the plate of a new GOP majority, maybe Ted Cruz wants to re-up that grilling and get to the bottom of this.

Link
11-11-2022 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kyle Mack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati Bearcats
RE: About Those FBI Informants Concerning Jan. 6...
(11-11-2022 12:40 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:While we’ve all been heavily focused on the election, the NY Times dropped an important story about Jan. 6 that many didn’t notice.

Remember when Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) grilled an FBI official about FBI or confidential human sources (informants) who may have been involved or had knowledge about Jan. 6?

Turns out that one of the top people in the Oathkeepers — their vice president — was an FBI informant, according to the NY Times.

An F.B.I. informant who was embedded for months in the inner circle of Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers militia, is likely to testify as a defense witness at the seditious conspiracy trial of Mr. Rhodes in connection with the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

The informant, Greg McWhirter, served as the Oath Keepers’ vice president but was secretly reporting to the F.B.I. about the group’s activities in the weeks and months leading up to the Capitol attack, according to two people familiar with the matter.

But that wasn’t all. Let’s read on.

Mr. McWhirter is the second known F.B.I. confidential source who was in a position to provide information to federal agents about the Oath Keepers before Jan. 6, raising questions about why investigators did not know more about the attack on the Capitol.

Near the start of Mr. Rhodes’s trial, Abdullah Rasheed, a former Oath Keeper from West Virginia, told the jury that he became alarmed by the violent language Mr. Rhodes used during a video conference with members of his group in November 2020 and provided the F.B.I. with a recording of the call.

“The more I listened to the call,” Mr. Rasheed testified, “it sounded like we were going to war against the United States government.”

Officials at the F.B.I. did not respond to Mr. Rasheed’s initial attempts to contact them and only reached out to him after Jan. 6.

The F.B.I. also had a confidential source in the Kansas City chapter of the Proud Boys in the months leading up to Jan. 6. That person, a low-level member of the far-right group, marched with other Proud Boys into the Capitol on Jan. 6. But in meetings with the government before the Capitol was stormed, he told investigators that the organization had not planned to attack the building and stop the certification of the 2020 election.

That was in addition to the fact that the head of the Proud Boys had also been a government informant in the past and just coincidentally was arrested before Jan. 6 so he wasn’t at the site of the riot.

Even the NY Times snuck in the obvious question here: If the FBI had all these contacts and they’re claiming it was some prior plot, why wasn’t it stopped beforehand, if it was a “seditious conspiracy” and not a spontaneous riot?

When the FBI got a tip from Rasheed, why didn’t they follow up on it? It would seem with something that specific you would want to follow up on it, especially if he was saying there were questions of violence. So why didn’t they?

If McWhirter was a confidential human source, why didn’t the government put him on the stand? Why didn’t they want the jury to hear that they had a confidential human source embedded in the matter? Why is it the defense that wants to call him?

A lot of questions going on here. With all the things that may be on the plate of a new GOP majority, maybe Ted Cruz wants to re-up that grilling and get to the bottom of this.

Link
Every single group like the oath keepers is either totally infiltrated by the FBI or the FBI created it.
11-11-2022 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
How do you become the VP of a violent organization without proposing and supporting violence? I'm not talking about the low level guy who probably just listened... I'm talking about the VP. How do we know that he, as VP of the organization didn't in any way encourage people to do things that they might not have done without his encouragement? I don't doubt that Rhodes, the leader I presume was foaming at the mouth... but did the VP also encourage it? Did he actively discourage it? Or did he just sit there?

I only ask because this could be entrapment of some sort. Maybe Rhodes suggested a literal riot... and Rasheed encouraged instead a 'mostly peaceful' 'occupation' of the grounds... and that is what happened.... but we don't know that half of those who attended the 'occupation' wouldn't have attended an actual riot.

I don't really know how to feel about that... in terms of informants... especially in light of the fact that the FBI didn't do anything in advance... even to protect Congress.
11-11-2022 02:09 PM
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-11-2022 02:09 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  How do you become the VP of a violent organization without proposing and supporting violence? I'm not talking about the low level guy who probably just listened... I'm talking about the VP. How do we know that he, as VP of the organization didn't in any way encourage people to do things that they might not have done without his encouragement? I don't doubt that Rhodes, the leader I presume was foaming at the mouth... but did the VP also encourage it? Did he actively discourage it? Or did he just sit there?

I only ask because this could be entrapment of some sort. Maybe Rhodes suggested a literal riot... and Rasheed encouraged instead a 'mostly peaceful' 'occupation' of the grounds... and that is what happened.... but we don't know that half of those who attended the 'occupation' wouldn't have attended an actual riot.

I don't really know how to feel about that... in terms of informants... especially in light of the fact that the FBI didn't do anything in advance... even to protect Congress.

Those actually planning and organizing the Whitmer kidnapping cases were informants and agents. It’s all there in the case file.

Most of those planning and executing J6 were just the same. Scaffold guy with the megaphone encouraging people to move into the Capitol has never been caught or even is wanted by the FBI!
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 02:21 PM by BigTigerMike.)
11-11-2022 02:19 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
The federal government and the media is OK with people going undercover to root out bad actors.

But if a journalist goes undercover to expose bad actors -- WHOA! Can't do that! We need the FBI to raid their office and home.
11-11-2022 02:21 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Where's our friendly neighborhood pipebomber with the kitchen timers these days?

Has the ditzy barmaid recovered from her murder yet?
11-11-2022 02:30 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
I'm okay with going undercover to root out bad actors... but I'm not okay with being part of 'the state' being essentially an influencer of an organization and then claiming that these people are all 100% responsible. I believe that's entrapment... or some version of that sort of law.

I feel as if we give pedophiles and human traffickers more leeway than that
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 02:32 PM by Hambone10.)
11-11-2022 02:31 PM
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-11-2022 02:31 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  I'm okay with going undercover to root out bad actors... but I'm not okay with being part of 'the state' being essentially an influencer of an organization and then claiming that these people are all 100% responsible. I believe that's entrapment... or some version of that sort of law.

I feel as if we give pedophiles and human traffickers more leeway than that

This is nothing new. Many of those informants and agents that infiltrated the KKK during the Civil Rights era were its leaders
11-11-2022 02:40 PM
Redbanksdog Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
IT WAS A SETUP: Chris Wray Grilled on Confidential Human Sources Dressed as Trump Supporters Inside Capitol on Jan. 6 – Wray Refuses to Answer! (VIDEO)

FBI Director Chris Wray testified before Congress today on threats facing US national security.

During questioning, Rep. Clay Higgins asked Wray about the plainclothes FBI operatives dressed as Trump supporters inside the US Capitol prior to the doors being opened on January 6th.

Rep. Clay Higgins: Did the FBI have confidential human sources embedded within the January 6 protesters on January 6, 2021?

Chris Wray: Congressman, I’m sure you can appreciate I have to be very careful about what I can say about…

Rep. Clay Higgins: That’s what you told us two years ago.

Chris Wray: May I finish? May I finish? Uh. When we do and do not, where we do and do not used confidential human sources. But to the extent that there’s a suggestion, for example, that the FBI’s confidential human sources or FBI employees in some way instigated or orchestrated Jan 6th, that’s categorically false.”

Rep. Clay Higgiins: Did you have confidential human sources dressed as Trump supporters inside the Capitol on January 6th prior to the doors being opened?

Chris Wray: Again, I have to be very careful…

Rep. Clay Higgins: It should be a no! Can you not tell the American people, “No, we did not have confidential human sources dressed as Trump supporters positioned inside the Capitol… ”

Democrat Leader: Gentleman’s time has expired.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11...wer-video/
07-coffee3
11-15-2022 12:59 PM
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Real easy. He doesn't want to tell the truth and he doesn't want to lie. If the answer was "No" he would have answered as such. What would he be keeping on the DL if the answer is "No"? Nothing.
11-15-2022 01:02 PM
Redbanksdog Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(11-15-2022 01:02 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Real easy. He doesn't want to tell the truth and he doesn't want to lie. If the answer was "No" he would have answered as such. What would he be keeping on the DL if the answer is "No"? Nothing.

There's a reason Pelosi won't release all the Video from that day. But I heard from someone on this Board that you can go to the FBI web site and look at some of the Videos from that day. I'm sure the FBI has just the Videos that they want you to see.
04-cheers
11-15-2022 01:10 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(11-15-2022 12:59 PM)Redbanksdog Wrote:  IT WAS A SETUP: Chris Wray Grilled on Confidential Human Sources Dressed as Trump Supporters Inside Capitol on Jan. 6 – Wray Refuses to Answer! (VIDEO)

FBI Director Chris Wray testified before Congress today on threats facing US national security.

During questioning, Rep. Clay Higgins asked Wray about the plainclothes FBI operatives dressed as Trump supporters inside the US Capitol prior to the doors being opened on January 6th.

Rep. Clay Higgins: Did the FBI have confidential human sources embedded within the January 6 protesters on January 6, 2021?

Chris Wray: Congressman, I’m sure you can appreciate I have to be very careful about what I can say about…

Rep. Clay Higgins: That’s what you told us two years ago.

Chris Wray: May I finish? May I finish? Uh. When we do and do not, where we do and do not used confidential human sources. But to the extent that there’s a suggestion, for example, that the FBI’s confidential human sources or FBI employees in some way instigated or orchestrated Jan 6th, that’s categorically false.”

Rep. Clay Higgiins: Did you have confidential human sources dressed as Trump supporters inside the Capitol on January 6th prior to the doors being opened?

Chris Wray: Again, I have to be very careful…

Rep. Clay Higgins: It should be a no! Can you not tell the American people, “No, we did not have confidential human sources dressed as Trump supporters positioned inside the Capitol… ”

Democrat Leader: Gentleman’s time has expired.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11...wer-video/
07-coffee3

11-15-2022 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.