Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump fires another salvo at DeSantis
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
I give it an 8.5 / 10 in the Trump rambling garbage scale.

Maybe an extra .2 for the random capitalizations.

[Image: Trump-1-e1668123885505.jpg]

[Image: Trump-2-e1668123905194.jpg]

[Image: Trump-3-e1668123927104.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 12:21 AM by tanqtonic.)
11-11-2022 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Trump fires another salvo at DeSantis
Trump was the right President at the right time. I think he did a great job while in office, despite his own party and the Dems conspiring openly against him. I am forever grateful for the change in direction he implemented.

However, Trump needs to STFU during undecided elections and criticism of DeSantis. His time has passed and torch needs to be passed to the FL Governor. Not that the media will treat DeSantis any better, but I believe his experience in government will help him stay focused without the counter-punching antics. To flip Dade was a huge accomplishment, and the republicans can use an increasingly black and brown vote (with family values) to overcome the far-left woke anything goes crap. And history in GA, which appears to be repeating itself, will require a united Republican front, not silly salvos from Trump at a GOvernor that has not attacked Trump first.
11-11-2022 01:03 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(11-11-2022 12:17 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  I give it an 8.5 / 10 in the Trump rambling garbage scale.
Maybe an extra .2 for the random capitalizations.

I'd give it a 0.0.

This is exactly the kind of counterproductive thing that is not needed.
11-11-2022 01:14 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

(11-11-2022 01:03 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Trump was the right President at the right time. I think he did a great job while in office, despite his own party and the Dems conspiring openly against him. I am forever grateful for the change in direction he implemented.

However, Trump needs to STFU during undecided elections and criticism of DeSantis. His time has passed and torch needs to be passed to the FL Governor. Not that the media will treat DeSantis any better, but I believe his experience in government will help him stay focused without the counter-punching antics. To flip Dade was a huge accomplishment, and the republicans can use an increasingly black and brown vote (with family values) to overcome the far-left woke anything goes crap. And history in GA, which appears to be repeating itself, will require a united Republican front, not silly salvos from Trump at a GOvernor that has not attacked Trump first.

This is an excellent analysis, and a most levelheaded post. +3.

But is also illustrates the Trump problem, Smitty. As deserving as he is of our respect, he does not respond to it. It only makes him more contemptuous. Donald Trump instead responds only to strength. It is past time that he feared his supporters, in much the same way as he unleashed them on others as a political tool of fear.

There is no one on this forum, Smitty, who wields a verbal flamethrower as effectively as you. Donald Trump does not now need to be patted on the head and politely asked to yield the floor. You, I and everyone else knows that is going nowhere.

What he needs is to be told to rot with hemorrhoids and suffer through an nasty case of raging pinkeye - - or whatever other colorful language you can employ. Because if his core supporters don’t stop him, he will happily take down our country.
11-11-2022 05:46 AM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
This is going to be fun...

[Image: R.ccb0d6eeca7d04649a7eaa429980ba6c?rik=o...mp;amp;r=0]

He was a horrible President, but I suspect nobody can wage a party-destroying civil war quite like toxic narcissist Donald J. Trump!
11-11-2022 05:48 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(11-11-2022 05:46 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Because if his core supporters don’t stop him, he will happily take down our country.

Or, if the democrats don't succeed in martyring him. That is to me the real irony here. While I deplore the democrat attempts at character assassination as the worst form of banana republic politics, they may be far and away the biggest gift they can give republicans, if any of them ever come up with anything.
11-11-2022 06:56 AM
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(11-11-2022 01:03 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Trump was the right President at the right time. I think he did a great job while in office, despite his own party and the Dems conspiring openly against him. I am forever grateful for the change in direction he implemented.

Right on.
11-11-2022 07:00 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

(11-11-2022 06:56 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 05:46 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Because if his core supporters don’t stop him, he will happily take down our country.

Or, if the democrats don't succeed in martyring him. That is to me the real irony here. While I deplore the democrat attempts at character assassination as the worst form of banana republic politics, they may be far and away the biggest gift they can give republicans, if any of them ever come up with anything.

This is absolutely true, and it has been bothering me for some time.

The left MAY actually succeed in taking down Donald Trump - - something that the right seems incapable of doing. If that happens, they will have done a short-term favor to the nation.

Yet in the long term they will have done a huge amount of corrosive harm. The will have used corrupt methods to achieve underhanded goals. They will have, for generations to come, deeply damaged our trust in government. They will have further empowered the worst of our authoritarians - - people who are themselves more evil than former President Trump. And they will taught us all a very bad lesson: that following the rules and evenhanded justice is for chumps and suckers.
11-11-2022 07:15 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(11-11-2022 07:15 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  This is absolutely true, and it has been bothering me for some time.
The left MAY actually succeed in taking down Donald Trump - - something that the right seems incapable of doing. If that happens, they will have done a short-term favor to the nation.
Yet in the long term they will have done a huge amount of corrosive harm. The will have used corrupt methods to achieve underhanded goals. They will have, for generations to come, deeply damaged our trust in government. They will have further empowered the worst of our authoritarians - - people who are themselves more evil than former President Trump. And they will taught us all a very bad lesson: that following the rules and evenhanded justice is for chumps and suckers.

So the possible choices could come down to Donald Trump taking the country down with his ego, or the Biden/Harris/Pelosi/Schumer/Bernie democrats taking the country down because they are evil bastards with terrible ideas?

The only solution I can see would be for a President DeSantis to decide that integrity matters more than partisanship, and dismantle the Deep State system that exists and replace it with something more transparent and accountable, probably at great cost to him personally.
11-11-2022 07:39 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(11-11-2022 07:39 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 07:15 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  This is absolutely true, and it has been bothering me for some time.

So the possible choices could come down to Donald Trump taking the country down with his ego, or the Biden/Harris/Pelosi/Schumer/Bernie democrats taking the country down because they are evil bastards with terrible ideas?

The only solution I can see would be for a President DeSantis to decide that integrity matters more than partisanship, and dismantle the Deep State system that exists and replace it with something more transparent and accountable, probably at great cost to him personally.

Why not solve world hunger, cure cancer and make us all immortal while your at it?

I mean I would love for DeSantis or anyone on this earth right now to do those things but its fantasy land. No politician has that kind of power, there are billionaires in the shadows that sit ABOVE the politicians and WH and they will never allow it.

Anyone hoping a politician is going to save us or fix our country is fooling themselves.

Having said that, I do agree DeSantis is by far the best hope for POTUS right now. He will have a more positive impact than anyone else out there, but there are major limits on what he can do because there are much more powerful people that sit at the top of the food chain.

There is only one person that can save us, and He was crucified 2000 years ago. But He rose again and is scheduled to return to the earth at about the 2000 year mark give or take a decade or two. But things are going to get far worse before that day comes.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 07:52 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
11-11-2022 07:50 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

(11-11-2022 07:39 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Fully agree on all points except the last clause. Why would that "cost him personally"? He does not seem afraid of public criticism, and in fact appears to thrive on it.

I have no doubt that the deep state would not be above attempting a repeat of a Mar-a-Lago raid, but I don't think it would work against DeSantis. Let's recall that, wrong as it is for the Dept. of Justice to used as a political weapon, Donald Trump all but asked for it. He is like the new, loudmouth inmate who soaps up his butt, bends over in the shower and then complains when he is raped. Prison rape is horribly wrong. But some are clearly more prone to it than others.

I don't see Ron DeSantis as being anywhere near as reckless and inviting a target as Donald Trump.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 07:55 AM by AdoptedMonarch.)
11-11-2022 07:54 AM
Advertisement

bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-11-2022 05:48 AM)Gamenole Wrote:  This is going to be fun...

He was a horrible President, but I suspect nobody can wage a party-destroying civil war quite like toxic narcissist Donald J. Trump!

We all hated those low energy prices and booming economy. You must be in heaven right now with high inflation, outrageously expensive energy, and a president that can't string together a coherent sentence.
11-11-2022 08:03 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
He might have mutually beneficial relationships but I'd wager that Trump does not have one true friend in the world.
11-11-2022 08:08 AM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
I think DeSantis will beat Trump in the primary. Agree thT Trump was the right president at the right time even when he was crucified and hated by so many, yet he got so much done that just made the rhinos and libs crazy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
11-11-2022 08:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(11-11-2022 08:33 AM)hburg Wrote:  I think DeSantis will beat Trump in the primary. Agree thT Trump was the right president at the right time even when he was crucified and hated by so many, yet he got so much done that just made the rhinos and libs crazy.

It seems to me the tide has turned and a majority of republicans favor DeSantis over Trump given the option. And that number will grow over the next year.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 09:35 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
11-11-2022 08:42 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Tear it down Donnie tear it all down.
11-11-2022 09:34 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(11-11-2022 07:54 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Fully agree on all points except the last clause. Why would that "cost him personally"?

Because I expect the Deep State to adopt a, “Show me the person and I will find a crime,” attitude toward anyone who tries to rein them in.
11-11-2022 02:00 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

(11-11-2022 02:00 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 07:54 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Fully agree on all points except the last clause. Why would that "cost him personally"?

Because I expect the Deep State to adopt a, “Show me the person and I will find a crime,” attitude toward anyone who tries to rein them in.

No question they will.

I just don't believe that DeSantis will prove to be anywhere near as soft and gullible a target as Trump. And these people, as evil and underhanded as they are, care first and foremost for their own skin. (Witness the hide-like-a-coward stance taken by Garland immediately following the Mar-a-Lago raid.)
11-11-2022 02:08 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(11-11-2022 05:48 AM)Gamenole Wrote:  This is going to be fun...

Actually you are dead wrong on that account and I and everyone I know enjoyed prosperity under Trump the President. The world didn't fall into chaos and even N Korea stopped firing missiles. He cleaned up the Muslim militant mess left by Obama the Race baiter divider. He also cut taxes and businesses thrived even to the point where manufacturing was returning to the states.

Trump the person is too much of an egotistical self absorbed narcissist. He just can't stand for anything or any attention to be on anyone but himself. I personally believes he is filled with jealous rage when someone other than himself gets rave reviews. And for this reason I got off the Trump train.

But make no mistake even with all of his shortcomings he is light years ahead of the total incompetent baffoon that currently resides in the WH. Seriously this clown has never put in a day of work in his entire life. I would bet his hands are softer than a newborn baby's backside. Only thing he has going for him like all politicians he is a natural born LIAR and knows exactly what to say to satiate the pallets of the leftist radical loons called Progressives. The policies his administration is enacting will have damning effects for years to come to point of dissolution of our nation. Creating a society of poor worse than the worst slums in South Philadelphia and Los Angeles.
11-11-2022 07:05 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(11-11-2022 08:42 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 08:33 AM)hburg Wrote:  I think DeSantis will beat Trump in the primary. Agree thT Trump was the right president at the right time even when he was crucified and hated by so many, yet he got so much done that just made the rhinos and libs crazy.

It seems to me the tide has turned and a majority of republicans favor DeSantis over Trump given the option. And that number will grow over the next year.

Probably---but the problem is it will be close. It wont be over early. By the time they destroy each other in a bitter bruising 8 month primary---they will have reduced their own attractiveness to outside voters. Nobody will vote for whoever emerges other than their primary voters and some loyal Republicans. The rest will stay home. A lot of the blue collar crossover Democrat voters Trump got was because of his charisma. I like DeSantis a lot and would support him---but he's not the kind of charismatic guy that will fill a stadium with voters---and those folks in the Trump stadiums are the same ones who likely wont show up to vote for DeSantis after he spends 8 months talking down their preferred candidate. Trust me---the Democrat wet dream is a DeSantis challenge to Trump in 2024. In that scenario, it doesnt matter who emerges from the Republican primary---the winner will become the loser.

Honestly, the crazy thing is---if they would have taken Trumps Twitter away from him and let Kayliegh McEnany run the account---he probably would have won going away in 2020 despite Covid. He has plenty of flaws, but he actually was pretty decent president because his base policies made sense. lol---I dont even know if DeSantis has a Twitter.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 07:32 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-11-2022 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.