Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Baseline Lounge
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
MyBB New Baseline Lounge

Reportedly open for the Canisius game to all fans. $5 beers. Not really sure what to think about this, whether it adds or subtracts from the family-friendly atmosphere of the WBB games. We will see I guess.
11-10-2022 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: New Baseline Lounge
(11-10-2022 04:52 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  

Reportedly open for the Canisius game to all fans. $5 beers. Not really sure what to think about this, whether it adds or subtracts from the family-friendly atmosphere of the WBB games. We will see I guess.

I think it's illegal in Ohio even for a parent to give a kid a beer so yeah, not as family-friendly as a game in Germany.
11-10-2022 05:21 PM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-10-2022 05:21 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

I think it's illegal in Ohio even for a parent to give a kid a beer so yeah, not as family-friendly as a game in Germany.

Hate it
11-10-2022 06:01 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Students dont show out for womens games... Some beers may be spilled due to a poor pass or shot.

Ill give it a few games to make a judgement.
11-10-2022 06:25 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-10-2022 06:01 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

Hate it

I guess I never noticed, do they not sell beer at women's games? I'm honestly not sure what is different about this.
11-10-2022 06:26 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-10-2022 06:01 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

Hate it

Don't they serve beer at other places in the arena? I don't know, the only time I had one at a basketball game was up in the Grogan Room 15 years ago. I don't even know if it is still called that.
11-10-2022 06:27 PM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
New Baseline Lounge
Saw the pic, think it's dumb. You have a team who annually is in the top 25 in the nation for attendance and you take away a whole section of seats? It adds nothing to the experience, plus it just looks awkward. Where does the band sit?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
11-10-2022 09:11 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

I don't like rolling up seats....period
11-10-2022 09:32 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
I think this is a neat thing to try for 1 game (it seems like just 1 game for now).

BTW, why is this a 5:30pm game?
11-10-2022 09:53 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(11-10-2022 09:11 PM)emanoh Wrote:  Saw the pic, think it's dumb. You have a team who annually is in the top 25 in the nation for attendance and you take away a whole section of seats? It adds nothing to the experience, plus it just looks awkward. Where does the band sit?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yes, we are top 25 in attendance annually, but average attendance is still less than 50% capacity. And usually early season games have lower attendance.

And whether you like it or not, social/lounging areas are becoming more and more popular at sporting events.
11-10-2022 09:56 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
I love it. I’ll be over there if they do it again at a game I can make. Cool experience standing right next to the action. Losing the seats won’t matter. Those sections are always less than half full for early season games. I’m sure they won’t do it for the Duke game unless it’s a huge success.
11-10-2022 11:50 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
So if a player is driving to the basket and gets fouled in a way that pushes him violently out of bounds he could end up smashing into tables and people. Are people being served or moving around during the game? This could be quite distracting for a shooter.
11-11-2022 04:35 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2022 04:35 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  So if a player is driving to the basket and gets fouled in a way that pushes him violently out of bounds he could end up smashing into tables and people. Are people being served or moving around during the game? This could be quite distracting for a shooter.

You're right, there has to be a barrier of some sort. And it's restricted to 21 and over I'd presume. Sounds a bit snobby to me, I can imagine where the idea came from. Beer drinkers get privileges? For a measly $5?

I don't really see a need. There's already a great concourse on the ends for those that want to stand and drink, right? And at their seats. Or up in the Grogan.

If they must do this, make it something for kids or accessibility.
11-11-2022 06:52 AM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

Why do they need a barrier? Is there a barrier in front of the Blue Crew that is jumping around right there on the baseline?
11-11-2022 08:07 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
This looks so small time with the carpet, rolled up seats, and stupid 'budget-wedding' drapes and it also removes a big section of lower bowl seats, which are the only ones that get filled for either gender's basketball games at this point.
11-11-2022 08:28 AM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I can say with full confidence, those seats don’t come close to filled on early season womens games. As far as looks go, it will make the other baseline look more full with only one of them open
11-11-2022 08:40 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Huge missed opportunity by not having this during the Education Game. 784 12 year olds with snack money in their pockets? Could have sold a lot of beer.
11-11-2022 09:05 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2022 08:07 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  Why do they need a barrier? Is there a barrier in front of the Blue Crew that is jumping around right there on the baseline?

Blue crew is watching the game and seated in rows. People with drinks? Maybe we're just seeing it in our heads different than it would be in practice.
11-11-2022 10:01 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

New Baseline Lounge
Toledo is so backward in so many ways

The “family friendly” crowd killed party in the park downtown when radio stations sponsored big acts to come and the crowds got big. God forbid some people have a good time. People used to come from all over the region for it. Now they sell tickets to the shows on River

Our new AD is doing new things to create excitement at events. This is a nice idea. Could be a potential opportunity to do something more permanent while still having seating for other events.

A small portion of the arena to have a beverage will not ruin anything for someone that brings their family

One of many positive things the new voices are bringing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-11-2022 11:53 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(11-11-2022 11:53 AM)indianasniff Wrote:  Toledo is so backward in so many ways

The “family friendly” crowd killed party in the park downtown when radio stations sponsored big acts to come and the crowds got big. God forbid some people have a good time. People used to come from all over the region for it. Now they sell tickets to the shows on River

Our new AD is doing new things to create excitement at events. This is a nice idea. Could be a potential opportunity to do something more permanent while still having seating for other events.

A small portion of the arena to have a beverage will not ruin anything for someone that brings their family

One of many positive things the new voices are bringing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. As long as no one throws a drink on a ref, itll be okay. Drunk old men screaming during free throws in one half, and the student section the next. Sounds like a fun time!
11-11-2022 12:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.